Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Too much oil after service.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
bjartin

Denmark 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey
Too much oil after service.

At my 24.000 km service they filled up with 6,5 litre oil. It should be 5,84 litre.
I refused to pay for the extra.
But it isn`t good for the engine with this "overload".
My question: How much is it between the minimum and maximum on the dip stick? and have you an idea of how much I have to suck op from the top arrow down to the maximum arrow? LR Freelander2 2,2 Td4 HSE manuel Stornaway Grey (Metallic) & Ebony Black Leather & Sun/Moon-roof & Bi-Xenon & Roof Rails & Tow bar & Body side rubbing strips & Cold climate pack & Privacy glass & NavTeq . Production Date: 11/5-2007 in Halewood.

Sorry, but I have changed to Defender 90 ", and I love my" tractor ".
http://www.youtube.com/bjartin

Post #17171 5th Apr 2008 5:12 pm
waaxh03

Wales 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

bjartin, There is 1 litre of oil needed between min and max. I would recommend going back and asking them to fill it to the correct level.

waaxh03

Post #17174 5th Apr 2008 5:35 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey
Re: Too much oil after service.

bjartin wrote:

At my 24.000 km service they filled up with 6,5 litre oil. It should be 5,84 litre.
I refused to pay for the extra.
But it isn`t good for the engine with this "overload".
My question: How much is it between the minimum and maximum on the dip stick? and have you an idea of how much I have to suck op from the top arrow down to the maximum arrow?

This also happened to me some years ago when I had an oil service on my BMW. The bar Censored s even had the audacity to want my cash for the extra unneeded oil Shocked - and it stated quite clearly in the BMW owners handbook "do not over fill the oil"
Best you take it back and ask them to remove the overfill - at least on principle Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #17178 5th Apr 2008 6:36 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

Call Land Rover Assist to tow it in as well - so you don't damage anything How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #17185 5th Apr 2008 7:49 pm
bjartin

Denmark 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Tried to suck up oil through the oilfilling hole, but reached no oil. Instead I got foam Question on the tube.

Through the dip stick pipe with a thin tube, I sucked up 600 mm (already very black) oil .

LR Freelander2 2,2 Td4 HSE manuel Stornaway Grey (Metallic) & Ebony Black Leather & Sun/Moon-roof & Bi-Xenon & Roof Rails & Tow bar & Body side rubbing strips & Cold climate pack & Privacy glass & NavTeq . Production Date: 11/5-2007 in Halewood.

Sorry, but I have changed to Defender 90 ", and I love my" tractor ".
http://www.youtube.com/bjartin

Post #17274 7th Apr 2008 8:53 am
ChrisC

United Kingdom 

Hi bjartin

You don't need me to tell you that looks bad. The foam looks like water is mixing with the oil (but it could just be the photo), if it is then it should be looked at immediately, it may have been caused by the overfilling, either way it need to go back to the dealer that did the service.

The blackness of the oil happens very quickly with a diesel, within a few hundred miles, so only you can tell if this is to soon after the service, also factor that the oil is never completely emptied after a change, there is always a small residue.

Chris.

Post #17316 7th Apr 2008 5:31 pm
waaxh03

Wales 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

ChrisC wrote:
Hi bjartin

You don't need me to tell you that looks bad. The foam looks like water is mixing with the oil (but it could just be the photo), if it is then it should be looked at immediately, it may have been caused by the overfilling, either way it need to go back to the dealer that did the service.

The blackness of the oil happens very quickly with a diesel, within a few hundred miles, so only you can tell if this is to soon after the service, also factor that the oil is never completely emptied after a change, there is always a small residue.

Chris.

I second what Chris says. Get it straight back to the dealer and show him what you have found. Even if it's nothing, it is not your job to get the get the surplus oil out.

waaxh03

Post #17324 7th Apr 2008 7:02 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1