« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Caffyns Land Rover Lewes
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Ron

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Izmir Blue
Caffyns Land Rover Lewes

Took the car in for the recall notice and mentioned occasional creaking wing mirrors, seat belt wear and slightly sticky gear stick, all of which have been mentioned on previous threads.
Took car for a quick test drive and very apologetic for the issues, even though they were quite minor really, fixed gear stick problem there and then, lubricating the linkage etc, also noticed a low rumble from the front wheels (not something I had noticed until he pointed it out) Told me the breaks might need checking. Anyway booked the car in for new pillar, seat belt, two new wing mirrors and front breaks to be checked/replaced depending on what they find.
First dealings with the service department and so far so good

Post #28881 10th Oct 2008 4:03 pm
Aero_383

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Ipanema Sand

Been here twice now for relatively minor warranty fixes
1. rattling door trim
2. Buzzing from rear diff area
3. Air vent fin fell off
4. sensor in Haldex

Car back cleaned and vacuumed both times and FL courtesy or evoque hire car on each visit. Reception staff very courteous and efficient. No complaints so far. _________________
Gone - 2010 Rimini XS

Post #171820 15th Feb 2013 9:32 pm
Aero_383

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Ipanema Sand

3rd visit here today for 'A' service and a few other bits, and happy again. Initially they quoted £415 but price matched Harwoods £362 without question. They have lubricated gear linkage and door mirrors (which I asked them to do) and have taken up slight slack in handbrake (which I didn't). The interior trim around rear N/S passenger door had come loose and they have ordered a new one under the warranty and it will go back for a while u wait fit in a week.
Car cleaned and hovered so still happy. _________________
Gone - 2010 Rimini XS

Post #188945 24th Jun 2013 4:57 pm
chugga90

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

We brought our i6 from them three & half years ago. It is the best Land Rover I have ever owned, they are the best deal i have ever had dealings with and they are fair and great in the service department when we had the initial niggles fixed with the car.
If ever I get to the point of replacing her they will be my first port of call.
Still really like it and struggle to think what I would change her for.

Although have just changed the work van for a 2010 VW transporter lwb with the DSG box. It is blooming great. So when the 4motion Kombi versions come down in price to a level I could afford to change the i6 for might leave Land Rovers behind! It is a few years off that though. Thumbs Up

Post #189057 25th Jun 2013 7:29 am
clevelandy

England 

Cant say I'm impressed.

New to the area - Had my FL2 in for a routine service on 2nd April due to proximity. On return the rear wiper wasn't working - fine before I took it in. Took it back a few days later and technician diagnosed a blown motor?

Luckily under warranty so booked it back in for the 11th April for 1.5 hours work. Received a call after an hour to say that the new motor they had fitted didn't work either so they were unable to repair. Returned to dealer and was assured that they would ring me back once a new part was received.

Gave them a couple of weeks - heard nothing so rang them - somebody would get back to me - nothing.

Rang them again beginning of May - we will ring you straight back - nothing.

Whilst waiting, eyed up an Evoque - so when the salesman contacted me a fortnight ago I mentioned the motor - I'll get Service to ring you - nothing.

If they want my future business then they will have to do better than this...............

I so wish Team Valley Landrover were closer.......... Big Cry

Post #226286 3rd Jun 2014 9:18 pm
clevelandy

England 

Hurrah!

Car fixed 11th June (after another phone call)

Milestone

Post #226890 11th Jun 2014 7:51 pm
Iliacus

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Orkney Grey

It's bad enough when dealers can't get the parts but inexcusable when they don't call you back as promised or give you a story that you know to be a pack of lies.

If they give you a feedback questionnaire make your feelings felt on that or talk to LR Customer Relations. I don't think we complain enough when we get poor service so they continue to think that they can get away with it. I know I should complain more! GONE - '07 TD4 GS manual Zermatt Silver
LONG GONE - '55 Norton Dominator 99 SS cafe racer

Post #226909 12th Jun 2014 8:54 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1