Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Hartwell Landrover
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
pjb

Hartwell Landrover

Leave you to make your own conclusion

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go...3179992133

Not 100% accurate as it was in for first MOT & an ABS fault, and the ABS fault had been coming up on start up for the previous 10 days so it was NOT an intermittent fault D4 Commercial
Mini GP2

Post #170905 8th Feb 2013 10:10 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

Your links not working for me Confused

But heres your link to the newspaper clip Thumbs Up

https://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/albums/u...rticle.pdf Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #170910 8th Feb 2013 10:27 am
landy19840

Israel 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

I have never liked or trusted them in there. Just proves a point really!

Post #170925 8th Feb 2013 12:12 pm
EYorkshire

Good garage, they fixed it and road tested it, how many have had a loan car that didn't belong to us and gone over the limit. Thumbs Up

Post #170928 8th Feb 2013 1:37 pm
Badger1970

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

^^ What he said. They would have been moaned at if they hadn't fixed the fault either. Sometimes you just can't win. I'm willing to bet that the owner drives it at more than 70mph from time to time as well, so what's the problem? Foraging near Gaydon....
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
MY13 HSE Lux SD4, Baltic Blue - current, 30,000> miles without fault
MY12 HSE 2.2 SD4, Sumatra Black - gone after 10 months/43,000 fault-free miles

Post #170934 8th Feb 2013 2:15 pm
pjb

Badger1970 wrote:
^^ What he said. They would have been moaned at if they hadn't fixed the fault either. Sometimes you just can't win. I'm willing to bet that the owner drives it at more than 70mph from time to time as well, so what's the problem?

Just to put it in perspective, as it is my car, I took it in with an ABS fault, that like we all know you plug into the computer to get the fault codes.

It came on at 1 mph not 93 mph, but that is not the point, when I went to pick up my car I spoke to the service manager & the driver neither of which gave any sort of apology & we should not be driving your car at 93 mph, in fact the driver said and I quote " i just drove it up to the roundabout & back at the speed limit it was only 1500 rpm it must be boring to drive"

Well I do not need to drive it at over 90 mph to enjoy my car maybe I'm getting a bit old but I was always taught to respect other peoples property.

If I decide to drive it at 90 & the engine blows in 2,000 miles then that is my problem, when someone else decides to drive it at 3 / 4k revs in all gears on a cold engine & my engine blows in 2,000 miles how much is down to them.

& by the way no I've never done 93 mph in it Thumbs Up D4 Commercial
Mini GP2

Post #170951 8th Feb 2013 4:14 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

I agree with PJB, if I knew my dealers had driven my car like that I would be more than annoyed, even though I've been known to drive at them speeds myself , obviously on my private roads Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #170960 8th Feb 2013 4:36 pm
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

I think it's shocking and the 52 year old idiot should be sacked.

no respect for customer's vehicles and no respect for the speed limit.

I can't believe some of you guys condone this ?? Shocked Shocked

Iain

Post #170963 8th Feb 2013 4:50 pm
EYorkshire

Forget the legal limit for a moment, if there was none then how does driving at at 70mph or 93 mph command a different respect Confused

The car is no more strained on a dual carriageway doing either speed, no immediate damage can be caused by driving at a speed the car is clearly designed to do and just maybe it was done with the best intentions. Now if he was abusing the car by smoking the tyres, cutting others up or on two wheels going around the roundabout, then that is disrespectful to the car and its owner.

Now regarding the speed limit, he was clearly in breach but disrespect for anothers property, not guilty.

Post #170966 8th Feb 2013 4:59 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

The fact it's was in for a abs brake fault which occurred at startup and from what I have read not at 93mph

If the fault was my car keeps flashing up this and that when on the motorway, then maybe something near then.

The fact that they did this is wrong, but what's more wrong is the sheer lack of appologising done by them, they couldn't give a Censored , even when LRCS contacted them they had the same attitude Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #170977 8th Feb 2013 5:25 pm
Speedway

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Baltic Blue

iain cooper wrote:
I think it's shocking and the 52 year old idiot should be sacked.

no respect for customer's vehicles and no respect for the speed limit.

I can't believe some of you guys condone this ?? Shocked Shocked

Iain

+1. Gone, 2007 TD4 SE Auto Baltic blue, clear side repeaters, full sized alloy spare.

English by birth..... Yorkshire by the grace of God.

Post #171015 9th Feb 2013 12:02 am
taztastic

England 

Anyone who believes their car is treated with respect in a dealer premises is in cloud cuckoo land.

Major garage chains are all the same, get em in, get em out........thrashing a car up the road and back is a break from the monotony and I don't know any mechanic who doesn't revel in this few minutes break.

Should the guy sacked.....not in my view, if the GPS clocked 93, that's probably 100 on the clock and he knew damn well not to go over that, amazing how many cars belt up the motorway and hit a brick wall at that speed knowing full well a ban is on the other side of it.
However, I don't condone his action, although its within the cars design capabilities and no harm should come from this, the real issue is the garages response which is woefully lacking, a diplomatic approach, offer to refuel as it will have drank the stuff at those speeds , discount on next service perhaps, all simple things but possibly ones which will have diffused the situation, instead their attitude has probably lost them business.

Post #171031 9th Feb 2013 10:00 am
EYorkshire

.... and I can't believe that some of you guys would want to put a 52 year old out on the scrapheap with the blink of an eye, although he was the driver I'll bet his intentions were honest and where would he get another job at his age.

Can't believe some of you would gladly ruin a man's life for this, Sad people

My previous post talked about 'him', not the garage, I still stand by what I said that he meant no disrespect.
If anything the owners of the garage are at fault, all testing of cars should have been 'Risk Assessed' and the outcome of that assessment passed down to its employees.

Post #171091 9th Feb 2013 6:24 pm
Hicksy

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Fuji White

Good old hartwells at cumnor have manage to cheese me right off again that's the last time I will ever bother with them , I've canceled my appointment gone some where else which was so professional and polite , btw if you think you are getting Good deal with there loyalty card think on its not worth the plastic it's written on , 

Click image to enlarge

Freelander gone
Audi sold
Volvo xc60 r design coming

Post #172632 22nd Feb 2013 7:18 am
Landyjim

2011 Freelander 2 SD4 Sport Auto Santorini Black

The same crew now operates at Marshall Landrover down near Didcot - bought our car from them and was never impressed by the aftersales service...

Post #354790 11th Aug 2018 11:15 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>