Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > NON OEM navigation - canbus problems ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Gecko

Vatican 
NON OEM navigation - canbus problems ?

I finally got my FL2 last week and had my Pioneer AVIC HD1BT navigation moved over from my Merc to the FL2. It looks great and works fine and I think it's a very sleek unit after removing the factory unit with all it's buttons and knobs but there's a problem. The instalation has resulted in my front and rear parking sensors no longer working. I didn't notice it immediately . Only when I got home and was parking I realised that the beeping wasn't happening.
A visit back to the installer this morning has revealed that this might be terminal in that he thinks the input from the sensors runs through the canbus into the OEM audio system and produces the sound through the speakers.
I'm in contact with the technical people at Pioneer now to ask them how to solve this but having paid good money for the parking sensors and having a high-end expensive Pioneer system it looks at the moment that I may be having to choose to either have the sensors or lose my navigation system but not be able to have both. Needless to say that depsite the joy of new ownership I am none to happy with this problem.
Has anyone else had any similar experience and if so how did you solve it ?
Cheers
Gecko

Post #15984 17th Mar 2008 9:56 am
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Get some of those huge caravan mirrors, so we can all point and laugh Laughing Does your set up replace the whole fl2 factory radio? We need a picture

Post #15988 17th Mar 2008 10:58 am
Gecko

Vatican 

Yup - it replaces the whole radio and all I have is a touch screen which is the navi/audio/dvd control unit. I'll take some pics sometime soon and then try and figure out how to post them up here. Meanwhile the Pioneer techies think they might have a solution but they want to see a picture of the back of the OEM audio unit before committing themeselves so it looks like I'll be snapping away this evening. the idea is to possibly link the parking sensors to a hidden tweeter speaker under the dashbard somewhere. I'm not sure this will work but they did something similar on other makes apparently but it depends if the canbus connection to the audio is passive or active.....whatever the heck that means . Neutral

Post #15995 17th Mar 2008 12:13 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1