Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > What lowlife did this
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Transman

What lowlife did this

So we have just taken delivery of our black HSE with sports pack, looks the absolute dogs parts, and it it came on March 1st.

Her indoors went to the hairdressers on the following Monday, parked it on the street, and the following day went to her Mums, and found a flat rear tyre.

The local dealer came out as I was away, and changed the wheel for her. They found two long nails with flat heads either side of the centre groove of the tyre at exactly the same place across the tyre. As they were so close together, the tyre could not be repaired.Looked like they had been propped up against the tyre as she drove forward.

Seems to me and the dealer that some little toe rag had decided to brighten his sad little day, and do a bit of damage to a shiny 08 motor. If I could find the little s**te, the one thing I would like to do is set Chicken George on him in the dark, despite the fact that we caravan and George hates em !

George, please dont sell your FL2 and leave this forum, if there is one thing that cheers me up after what happened above, its reading CG.

I supposed the toerag could have keyed the side of the vehicle while he had the nail, so maybe we got away light.

Top marks to Kentdale Landrover !

transman

Post #15475 10th Mar 2008 9:35 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

ba Censored ards

Some people are just jealous Shocked

Is there any CCTV in the area where it was parked, In shops looking towards the car etc etc Question Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #15477 10th Mar 2008 9:42 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Glad to be of service Laughing I hope this tyre puncturing lunacy was just a one off by some stupids kids!

Glad to see you ordered your fl2 in a proper colour, but don't go spoiling things now by fitting a tow-bar will you? If you live in the lakes you don't need a caravan just enjoy your local scenery (with a slight tear in your eye as it will always be second best to N.Yorks Laughing )

Mrs George,myself and the crazy dog may be up your way soon for a last little holiday before the family grows, Windermere probably,although I try and take the high roads in the lakes less ca Censored vans up there.

Post #15483 10th Mar 2008 11:13 pm
Transman

Thanks for that. However, I gotta admit i`ve moved the towbar from the last FL2 to this one,at least the dealer did. Cant wait to get the c`van on the back, but will put some solo miles on first.

I`m ever so pleased that you , Mrs CG, and crazy dog are coming to see some proper hills. Yorks dales and North York moors are second class citizens against what the lakes has to offer ! assume it will be about Easter time when you come, along with half the rest of the UK, wearing our mountains away, and trampling our daffodils ! However, thats what you get when you are popular. Shame about the white rose, always reckoned the Lancashire red ones are best !

Seriously, have a good time, and bring Mrs CG shopping to Kendal and support the local economy. Just look under your tyres when you park !

Best regards, transman

Post #15520 11th Mar 2008 1:15 pm
Grimbo

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Zermatt Silver

Hi Transman,

If only you could get your hands on them eh?? Really p**es you off doesn't it.

Well your not alone - it looks like some low life has dragged a shopping trolley and scratched my rear bumper from one side to the other despite parking it well away from other cars on the supermarket car park. You just can't win can you? Big Cry Big Cry Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Big Cry Big Cry Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Post #15583 12th Mar 2008 6:30 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1