« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Any tips?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
KKTD4S

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black
Any tips?

I am a new member to the Forum. I currently own a 54reg TD4S 3door. Great car but it always feels that it may break. Totally reliable up to now!
I am seriously researching the purchase of a FL2 XS Auto Diesel (Auto so that management can drive).
What sort of fuel consumption is being achieved by the Auto Diesel and have any problems come to light,yet?
What options can be missed off the long expensive list? My TD4 has a heated screen, invaluable at the moment, a diesel heater (noisy and seems to burn a lot of fuel) an upgraded sound system and of course the standard fitment of very wide low profile tyres that give a firm ride and are v. expensive to replace.
Finally, are there any dealers out there preferably in the South giving a sensible price

Over to the experienced ones. I await any replies with interest.

Post #14447 20th Feb 2008 5:38 pm
wildrover

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 Dynamic Auto Indus Silver

Hi KK and welcome,
I can't comment on the auto consumption but as you mentioned, the heated screen is not to be overlooked. For tyres, check blackcircles.com i've been using them for years when i found they could supply 2 dunlop SP9000 for the same price a big national was asking for 1. Good friendly, helpful service whether you want them delivered to your door or a local depot. I believe the stereo in the XS is basically the same as the one fitted in the SE and i find it good enough but maybe Andre Previn would complain.
Overall, a great vehicle. Thumbs Up Out with the old (2007 SE)
In with the new (2012 Dynamic with everything). Now also gone.

Post #14450 20th Feb 2008 6:29 pm
Nick Jan

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
mpg etc

KKTD4S ......... my TD4 SE Auto manages 34 - 35 mpg on a good long run on good roads. At other times my average is pretty much spot on that claimed by LR, 31 - 32 mpg, averaged over about 1000 miles. My worst average from fill-up to fill-up is 29.5 mpg when I'd done many short trips & v cold start-ups.

Overall, I'm happy with this level of fuel economy .... at least until LR manage to engineer a tough and viable diesel/electric hybrid 2010+! Razz

As for essential options ..... I went for SE specifically because it included everything I wanted including satnav. I wouldn't be without that, or the heated front screen, or the puddle lamps, or the mobile phone integration; even the heated front seats are worth it if in the package!

Good luck with your order!! Thumbs Up
 Life is not a dress rehearsal!

Post #14466 21st Feb 2008 12:48 am
upnaway

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Baltic Blue

I agree with Nick Jan, went for SE because of the goodies plus an essential for me a standard sunroof which comes with a fixed moonroof for back seats. It seemed to be the best value derivative for me because it covered every feature I wanted + some. Still have not got the lead to connect my MP3, see what I mean
Do not forget to get rubber mats thrown in, my footwells are like the bottom field. still pining for my 3dr, no removeable hardtop, no drop glass tailgate, no roof rack, no pockets everywhere to stow all that man kit

Post #14563 22nd Feb 2008 8:24 pm
KKTD4S

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

Update time. After much research including Freel2 of course, we decided on a Diesel FL2 SE auto. Charles Hurst are doing a 50% deal that suits so, after a slow start with CH (James!) we trundled up to Park Lane. We saw Mark and did all that had to be done. We started on the negotiation game until a slight problem arose. Not many FL2s around with the colour and spec that we wanted. Enter Barry and Matthew from somewhere, and after many calculations, the deal was made on a 9 week old Sumutra Black (is there any other colour Mark?) HSE Auto+privacy+caps+side tubes+sidemouldings. We are collecting the beast on Friday, roll on.
A good experience with the team at Charles Hurst Park Lane.
Ta.
KKTD4S(not much longer)

Post #15390 9th Mar 2008 9:18 am
Sasha

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

I bought mine from Lancaster in Reading - really good service from them ( so far)

Post #15399 9th Mar 2008 12:43 pm
muddywheels

England 

I went for the Gs because very well spec'd and deal so good - I was worried I would miss sat nav, Heated screen and leather. Sad

Did not need to worry - demist programme clears screan by time I get gates open, Tom Tom fits in dash cubby neatly and seats very comfortable - plus no longer worried about teenagers jeans with zips and chains Very Happy

Also dropped Auto due to cost of adding/recuping on p/x but find gears smooth and for my area gear changing minimal.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Post #15401 9th Mar 2008 1:22 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1