« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > A quest for refined Ipod integration
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ptbalfour

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Stornoway Grey
A quest for refined Ipod integration

At the risk of sounding pickky with a great car has anyone else had any luck with any aftermarket ipod integration kit for the FL2?
Something that'll allow me to control the ipod PROPERLY via the playlists and albums etc with the Radio/CD changer instead of the standard AUX IN method (Say Dension for example)?

And im not talking about the Land Rover Ipod Kit either. Rolling with laughter 08 FL2 GS TD4 Auto, Stornoway Grey, Adaptive Bi-Xenons, Ebony Leather, Heated Front Windscreen/front seats

Post #15064 2nd Mar 2008 9:40 pm
Cypress

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey
Re: A quest for refined Ipod integration

ptbalfour wrote:
At the risk of sounding pickky with a great car has anyone else had any luck with any aftermarket ipod integration kit for the FL2?
Something that'll allow me to control the ipod PROPERLY via the playlists and albums etc with the Radio/CD changer instead of the standard AUX IN method (Say Dension for example)?

And im not talking about the Land Rover Ipod Kit either. Rolling with laughter

Hi,

Doesn't seem to be anything but the official LR one made by dension. My guess is that Dension will not be creating an after market one as they make the OEM version. The Freelander audio has a fibre optic MOST bus connector, might be worth having a look at http://www.mobridgeinc.com/

Regards

Paul;

Post #15095 3rd Mar 2008 8:06 pm
muddywheels

England 

My last car was a Jag and I forked out £235, (fitted myself or would have been £350!), for ipod audio module, so I could see titles on screen and use steering controls - was a waste of money Big Cry

The pictures in the handbook suggested tiles and playlists shown on touchscreen but in fact all you got was track numbers and playlists came up as disc 1, 2, 3 & 4. Not only that but playlists of say 400 songs only visible up to 99 tracks. I played hell with dealer but got nowhere. Evil or Very Mad

I now have a retractable audio cable (£3.50) and use the AUX input. I could get a cradle but sits in cubby next to aux input fine. Save your money! Thumbs Up

Last edited by muddywheels on 20th Mar 2008 5:03 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #15131 4th Mar 2008 10:50 am
djhampson

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Rimini Red

I installed the LR Ipod kit in my car and while it doesn't display song titles on the dash lcd the steering wheel controls work fine.

With the ipod mounted on the dash I can see the song title quite easy. 2007 TD4 SE

Post #15314 7th Mar 2008 9:19 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1