« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > In Car Electronics > Steering wheel remote compatibility
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
mkoskimi

Finland 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Firenze Red
Steering wheel remote compatibility

I was wondering if anyone here has knowledge on the differences between connections for the steering wheel audio remote depending on whether you get the factory installed sat nav or not.

The reason I am asking is that according to what Pioneer Finland tells me, their adapter set for the steering wheel remote only works if you have the original sat nav module. But this seems just very weird to me -- isn't the main audio module the same regardless, and isn't that where the remote connects to in any case? Or is there some fundamental difference in connections if you have the nav unit?

The Pioneer adapter in question is the CA-R-LR.001, of course if anyone has first hand experience with it that would be even better. I was also told the same thing about the CA-P-LR.001 PDC adapter...

Also, are there any other audio sets with 7" screen and video playback that would also have a guaranteed compatible steering wheel remote adapter? Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Smile

Post #144956 5th Jun 2012 8:51 pm
mkoskimi

Just to add to this topic, can anyone tell me also what exact brand/model the single cd player unit is that comes with the 9 alpine speaker configuration? I could check the device itself too I guess but I'm not sure how it comes off.

Post #145168 8th Jun 2012 10:52 am
Nairbr

Australia 2012 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Orkney Grey

I am also interested in this topic as I want to upgrade the system in my FL2 and I have chosen Pioneer as I am going to Thailand and Cambodia in 2 months time.

Pioneer gear is 1/2 the price in Thailand compared to Australia due to it being manufactured there so hopefully I can get the steering wheel remote and canbus connector at factory direct prices.

Post #145229 9th Jun 2012 1:27 am
mkoskimi

Hi Nairbr, just thought I would let you know that I found out the situation is apparently quite different from what I was told before.

Earlier I had actually asked my dealer, who had contacted Pioneer Finland and then relayed the message back to me. Now I double-checked directly with Pioneer, and good thing I did too because what they told me was exactly the opposite! That is, according to the response I got from them the steering wheel remote works only if you _DON'T_ have the factory installed sat nav. So in fact it should work for me!

But since there seemed to be some confusion -- probably just the dealer misinterpreting but still -- you may want to check also with Pioneer in your country. At least here they seemed to respond within a few days.

For me, although this is good news, I'll need to postpone the installation a bit -- ran out of money Smile

Post #147928 6th Jul 2012 10:36 pm
Nairbr

Australia 2012 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Orkney Grey

mkoskimi wrote:
Hi Nairbr, just thought I would let you know that I found out the situation is apparently quite different from what I was told before.

Earlier I had actually asked my dealer, who had contacted Pioneer Finland and then relayed the message back to me. Now I double-checked directly with Pioneer, and good thing I did too because what they told me was exactly the opposite! That is, according to the response I got from them the steering wheel remote works only if you _DON'T_ have the factory installed sat nav. So in fact it should work for me!

But since there seemed to be some confusion -- probably just the dealer misinterpreting but still -- you may want to check also with Pioneer in your country. At least here they seemed to respond within a few days.

For me, although this is good news, I'll need to postpone the installation a bit -- ran out of money Smile

Thanks for the info.
I don't have factory Sat Nav either so this is good news. Im off to Thailand and Cambodia in 3-4 weeks time (I feel a Pioneer shopping binge coming on).

Post #148026 8th Jul 2012 2:37 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1