Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > North America > Trade-In-Value...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
MacLR2

United States 
Trade-In-Value...

So, I tried to trade in the LR2 for a 2007 Infiniti FX35 fully loaded and was very disapointed with the Trade-In-Value.

They told me $25,000 at one dealer and $28,000 at another. I thought for sure I will get between $33-$35,000.

I purchase my LR2 April 3 2007 and it just has 10,000 miles and the car is in excellent condition. I usually research the book value of my cars, but can't find anything online.

Mac My 2008 LR2
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v511/Mac...098429.pbw

Post #13988 6th Feb 2008 1:33 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Quagmire

Canada 2007 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Tambora Flame

The old Freelander was infamous for its low resale value. I guess it should be no surprise the LR2 doesn't fair much better. I intend to get many good years (6+) out of mine.

If you got the base model ($36k), an $8000 (22%) drop isn't too bad. But I suspect you probably have the $41K model. A 32% drop is a little hard to take. Try a private sale you could probably get 32k.

(I'm just reciting prices from memory. Sorry if I'm off)

Post #13990 6th Feb 2008 3:03 am
paulwlee

Fully loaded new SE's were selling for $35000 after incentives a couple months ago, and a fully loaded HSE seems to be selling for just over $39000 these days. If you bought a new HSE today and turned around and traded it in, it would still be worth less than $35000. It's the difference between the wholesale and retail value.
Now since you've driven the car for a year and 10,000 miles, it will also depreciate 15~25%, so I think your expectations were set too high.

But even after that $28,000 for a fully loaded one does seem low compared to numbers I see on the internet for some other vehicles, but I guess we should expect the depreciation to be somewhat higher than average due to Land Rover's reputation for quality problems, unless a few years later it is proven long term that the LR2 is improved in that respect.

Post #13991 6th Feb 2008 4:07 am
Roverdude

2008 LR2 i6 SE Auto Baltic Blue

You're pretty much SOL for trade-in during the first yr or two on just about any car. You've also got to realize that even though edmunds or KBB will give you one value, you need to take a couple of grand off that to get a realistic trade in estimate. Most dealers won't budge much over the expected auction price.

Why do you want to trade for the FX35?

Post #14066 8th Feb 2008 2:24 am
MacLR2

United States 

Roverdude wrote:
Why do you want to trade for the FX35?

I've always had fast car, and decided to give them up because I just kept getting pulled over by the highway police. With the FX I was hoping on getting the best of both world, a high performance SUV that does not look that fast. The FX is also a car that can be easily modifly from the looks of it as well as performance wise making it easy to personalize your vechicle where the LR2 is not. Plus I was also getting bored with the interior ligthing of the instrument panal of the LR2.

But, I'll be keeping the LR2, there's no way I'll be taking a 12,000. cut on this vechicle, not just yet.

Mac My 2008 LR2
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v511/Mac...098429.pbw

Post #14067 8th Feb 2008 3:55 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1