« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Nazca Sand
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Armadillo

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Nazca Sand
Nazca Sand

My parking sensors packed up two weeks after deliver in October 2007. The dealer was visited on 8 November and diagnosed that sensor(s) would have to be replaced and ordered them together with touch up paint for the bumpers. As of 14 December the dealer has the sensors from Land Rover but can't get the Nazca Sand touch up paint. The dealer advised me to contact the Land Rover Relationship Centre as this "often helps to speed things up". Has anyone else managed to get hold of this shade of paint and what source did you get it from?

Last edited by Armadillo on 18th Dec 2007 8:13 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #11695 14th Dec 2007 3:39 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 
Re: NAZCA SAND

Armadillo wrote:
My parking sensors packed up two weeks after deliver in October 2007. The dealer was visited on 8 November and diagnosed that sensor(s) would have to be replaced and ordered them together with touch up paint for the bumpers. As of 14 December the dealer has the sensors from Land Rover but can't get the Nazca Sand touch up paint. The dealer advised me to contact the Land Rover Relationship Centre as this "often helps to speed things up". Has anyone else managed to get hold of this shade of paint and what source did you get it from?

I had exactly the same problem in Stornaway Grey, it not the touch up paint they are waiting for its the paint in a spray can.

My dealer paintshop is off site, and i knew they had stornaway grey as they had resprayed the bumper after it was damaged but it just wasn't in a spray can they kept telling for 3 months Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #11706 14th Dec 2007 6:28 pm
Armadillo

Land Rover parts don't do an aerosol spray can for Nazca Sand yet so the only solution is for the dealer's (James Edwards, Brock, Lancashire) paint shop to mix the paint, costs to be covered by Land Rover. I gave them a Jaguar alternative (Winter Gold GDM 2002) and other companies who would provide aerosol paint to match but they insist on ensuring the paint spec is correct. The car is booked in for after the New Year to make sure everything is in place. To be continued.

Post #11890 18th Dec 2007 8:12 pm
Armadillo

Warranty work on sensors completed today and everything seems to be working OK. I got a call last week from the Land Rover Customer Care Centre to check whether the work had been done and they are going to ring me tomorrow to confirm that the work has been completed. It's just a shame that the dealer wasn't pro active enough at the beginning to sort the paint problem out with Land Rover and get the repair done. Apart from that the only other issue I've had in the first 3000 miles was a failure to start problem caused by not pushing the clutch pedal down far enough. Felt a right numpty when I explained to the Rover Assistance Tech that he didn't need to come out to me after all as I had sorted the problem!

Post #12754 7th Jan 2008 8:36 pm
Armadillo

Well here's a happy ending, Land Rover have given me 250 pounds to be spent at my local dealers to make up for the delay in fixing the parking sensors. I'm going for the ridiculously expensive LR sidesteps which will look really good and save my short legged other half having to buy a caravan step to get on board. Everything else is working just fine, I love this car!

Post #13243 18th Jan 2008 9:12 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1