Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > New Owner - questions (HSE)!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
freebo

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver
New Owner - questions (HSE)!

Hi All,
Picked up my Silver 2008 HSE Auto on Saturday and drove 200 miles back from dealer. I'm well chuffed, its a lovely motor Very Happy

I've just got a few questions that I can't find answers for in the manual.

- The sat nav makes some strange routing suggestions, it seems to be intent on the absolute shortest route, even if this means 2 miles of single track vs. 2.2 miles of dual carrigeway. Is there a way to set "fastest" rather than "shortest?

- Do people use the traffic re-routing(TMS)? I only tried once and it tried to send me on a long divertion, when I doubled back the actual traffic was fairly light.

- Is there a way to turn off the mirrors swiveling down when reverse is selected, and are the mirror settings remembered for each of the memory seat settings?

- Can you shift into TR mode on the move (thinking of when I've hit heavy snow on the motorway before).

- The manual says the premium audio should have DAB, but mine doesn't seem to, suspect I got one of the last non-dab ones Big Cry

Sorry to ask so many questions, I'll study the manual further but if anyone can provide any quick answers I'd be grateful!

Thanks all!

freebo

Post #11824 17th Dec 2007 2:54 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Welcome to the forum, glad to hear your enjoying the ride.

I'll try to answer as much as I can

I have not come across a route options for shortest or faster etc, but you can choose the route out of three options, when you enter the route the 'Routes' can be selected.

The TMS service does tend to re route even on roads that have now cleared, i prefer to have the auto reroute switched off, (its as good as the information its received Sad )

TR can be switched to any setting whilst driving without any problems

Although I have the SE without the auto dipping side Mirrors, I have played in the HSE, when your next in the car, select reverse and then readjust the mirrors to were you want them to re position too when putting the car in reverse. Sorry I am not sure if this is programable with the memory seat functions or if they are programable to each keyfob.

The manual is a multi manual which covers every veriation of FL2, the DAB is not available at the moment and I have heard via the forum it will be released next year as an option, but we will not be able to upgrade even though we have the 'Digital' button.

I will try keep every body posted on this as I would like to have the DAB in my car. (not sure why!!! but i do!) Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #11825 17th Dec 2007 3:33 pm
joe1978

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Fuji White

Hi freebo,

Hope the collection went well and your having fun in your FL2!!!

Since npinks answered all your quetions superbly I'll just say hello, and it was -6 C when I passed your way last night. brrrrrrrrr Cool

joe MY11 Fuji white Td4 150 GS straight up no mixer.

Post #11831 17th Dec 2007 4:28 pm
freebo

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Thanks guys (& hi Joe),

I certainly didn't have to wait long to try out the heated screen (and seats for that matter Smile )

Love the new car, but still lots to learn Wink

freebo

Post #11835 17th Dec 2007 4:45 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

Freebo, I'm assuming that the F2's premium Nav is the same as the Sports' - yes you can select the way the routing is calculated, but I'll have to go out to the car and write it down step by step......................... and it's -6C outside just now so will post in the morning after the sun has risen a bit!

The TMS is info taken from the Highways Agency broadcasts over the Trfaficmaster system and as a result it is only as up to date as the info the HA receives from Trafficmaster, I agree that the diversion routes are sometime a bit long but then would you rather be sitting for 3 hours in a traffic jam as happened to me recently on the M6 or at least keeping moving even if it is on a longer route! How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on 17th Dec 2007 10:41 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #11841 17th Dec 2007 6:47 pm
Stevea

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

Hi Freebo…
Congrats on the new HSE..
Like npinks, I’ve got the SE, but I added the Napoli leather pack which included memory seats as in the HSE and can confirm that the mirrors do work with the memory seats settings..
Enjoy
Stevea

Post #11849 17th Dec 2007 10:10 pm
fletch5535

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Freebo, when I first got my Disco I hated the dipping mirrors, but was too lazy to look in the manual to find out how to stop it. Within three days I was used to them, within five I couldn't live without them - I love them!

My new FL2 has them too, and they're for keeps.

Post #12878 10th Jan 2008 7:25 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

I think that there must be at least 3 members on here from Aberdeen now............we could start our own Scottish FL2 club Thumbs Up ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #12886 10th Jan 2008 8:55 pm
scotster

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

I don't have an have a HSE but I do have TMS from my 'top of the range' TomTom 720T.

All I can say is don't blame the Freely for the TMS issues.
TMS, no matter which unit you have is not very good.

Even if you subscribe to the more advanced 'download via gprs/3g and your phone and bluetooth' apparantly it still isnt that great.

Which is a real shame as if all our sat navs knew the absolute truth about the road ahead we could all be stuck on the same A nd B roads trying to dodge the minor nose to tail bump on the on the M6!

The only answer is moving to France or buying that Ducati.....

..so buying the Ducati then! Smile '57 GS TD4 in Stornoway. Privacy, Leather, Tred Cills. From ebay etc.. 18" 12 spoke HSE alloys, rear spoiler, clear side repeaters with clear leds, led interior light to replace bulbs, sports exhaust trim, TomTom 720.
Favourite Off road vehicle, still my Santa Cruz Mountain Bike! Smile http://www.team-banana-racing.com

Post #12892 10th Jan 2008 9:44 pm
Highlandcow

Scotland 
Re: New Owner - questions (HSE)!

freebo wrote:

- The sat nav makes some strange routing suggestions, it seems to be intent on the absolute shortest route, even if this means 2 miles of single track vs. 2.2 miles of dual carrigeway. Is there a way to set "fastest" rather than "shortest?

I had that problem too: the sat nav hated motorways and demanded I take the first possible exit off the motorway. I think the sat nav cured itself when I returned to Scotland after a visit to my parents in Cumbria, but I had to leave the newly acquired car after a week and will experiment with the sat nav when I return this coming weekend.

Post #13025 14th Jan 2008 3:22 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1