Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Agh! Never Buy The First Year of a New Model!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
PanzerJaeger

Agh! Never Buy The First Year of a New Model!

Well I just visited my local LR dealership today to get some service done on our Disco2, and walked the showroom.

As you guys are I'm sure aware, LR has already come out with an HSE version of the LR2. It has 19'' wheels with really cool rims, brushed aluminum door handles that match the air vent, better seats, a RR covered console (very small!) and a spoiler! Am i missing anything?

Im very dissappointed as my 2008 was fully loaded at the time of purchase. I should have waited. Sad

The seats and console aren't too big of a deal, but I really like the look of the new rims, door handles and spoiler. The rims are a richer, slightly darker metalic and the disign is preferable to mine. I also like how the door handles match the air vent (which, quite frankly looks out of place on my Narvik Black LR2).

I'm sure the wheels will be offered as a kit, but does anyone know about the spoiler? I don't think it would be worth it to get the door handles replaced, if that's even possible. Sad

And BTW, I had immense troubles with the sunroof early on. My unit was even sent to Britain for the engineers to look at... a problem which I'm told has been rectified in the HSE model. Big Cry

Post #12853 9th Jan 2008 11:12 pm
scotster

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

I'm waiting for someone to start selling brushed alu or titanium clip on door handle covers like the chrome ones available.

Chrome wouldn't match the Stornoway Grey IMHO.

Yeah - never buy version 1....unless you WANT IT BAD! Rolling Eyes '57 GS TD4 in Stornoway. Privacy, Leather, Tred Cills. From ebay etc.. 18" 12 spoke HSE alloys, rear spoiler, clear side repeaters with clear leds, led interior light to replace bulbs, sports exhaust trim, TomTom 720.
Favourite Off road vehicle, still my Santa Cruz Mountain Bike! Smile http://www.team-banana-racing.com

Post #12856 9th Jan 2008 11:23 pm
SkyDive

Greece 2007 Freelander 2 i6 S Auto Sumatra Black

I think you are talking about the premium pack that includes 19" rims chrome door handles rear spoiler etc available in 2008.U can purchase the entire pack. Also the rear spoiler can be purchased as a separate part so i guess all other parts can be purchased separate as well. Mine came at a final price of 400 euro (paint job and fitting included).

Post #12872 10th Jan 2008 2:08 pm
elephant

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

The premium pack is available in the uk for £1850.00 on top of the HSE price - a little too steep for me but most enhancements can be had individually from LR or after market sellers. The door handles are "tungsten" as part of the premium pack. Stainless can be had from ebay sellers (I think the handles are the same as RRS so these have been available for some time, also colour coded ones). like these:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Freelander-2-LR2-Doo...dZViewItem

Post #12938 11th Jan 2008 9:38 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

The next person who posts a pic of a black fl2 with clear side repeaters owes me £30 because you will make me buy some. That includes you skydive! what's so bad about orange?

Post #12939 11th Jan 2008 9:59 pm
Nick Jan

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
easy

Easy CG ... clear repeaters are for ppl who see everything as either black or white! Laughing Life is not a dress rehearsal!

Post #12968 12th Jan 2008 5:09 pm
SkyDive

Greece 2007 Freelander 2 i6 S Auto Sumatra Black
Re: easy

Nick Jan wrote:
Easy CG ... clear repeaters are for ppl who see everything as either black or white! Laughing
Laughing Laughing
Glad i am not the next one chicken george! Razz
Go 4 them imo..And i would suggest the smoked ones! Thumbs Up

Post #12977 12th Jan 2008 6:48 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1