Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > HELP PETROL IN DIESEL AND DRIVEN 2 miles!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
ad210358

England 

It's easily done, if you can find a company garage that do this on a regular basis they have equipment that pressurises the fuel lines and clears it all the way through, it should cost around £200 or so to sort out. What they tell you is the high cost of environmentally disposing of the contaminated fuel and the need for special licences, what they really do is the contaminated fuel goes in the tank for the workshop heater.

Post #125917 2nd Jan 2012 11:26 pm
Boxer

Wales 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Zermatt Silver

I filled mine up with about half a tank of petrol and drove approx 20 miles, had it flushed with a company off the Internet Dr Fuel. That was 2 years ago, no problems since. Don't pay the 4 grand until you try the flush first. Thumbs Up Don't put petrol in a diesel. They don't run well.

Post #125926 3rd Jan 2012 9:10 am
bigalf1961

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Lago Grey

hi in relation to what oldgeezer says because you had the vehicle rec bo l/r assist landrover will have a report on file for the vehicle so if you do have any fuel related problems they may well remind you that the vehicle was mis fueled at some point in its history and it may not be coverd for that part of the fuel system under the warranty but you have got to try the cheeper option first and take a chance i work in a commercial main dealer and most owners that do this get away with it i definetly would not put two stroke oil mix in the tank would use a good injector cleaner with a lubricant added Thumbs Up rainy-city
xs

Post #125929 3rd Jan 2012 9:29 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
druand

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Fuji White

2 stroke is a lubricant. Lots of posts give very good reasons for using 2t. In basic terms it is the same substance as diesel fuel (chemical formula) and as such is not an additive but enhances lubrication quality of diesel fuel. All FL2's (3) Gone
2011 Mercedes C180 CGI Gone
FL2 GS Auto SD with heated leather, factory tints, alloy spare and a few other bits.

Post #125938 3rd Jan 2012 12:56 pm
bigalf1961

yes it may be a lubricant but l/rover will not see it as a genuine addertive to the fuel i dont see in the hand book a section that says that we recomend two stroke oil as an addertive for the fuel system and may therefore void the warranty on any fuel related part due to miss fueling if it was to fail, there computer system may have allready been updated to reflect the fact that the vehicle has been missfuled as l/r assist have to make a report back to landrover iam not trying to put the damper on him iam trying to be realistic Exclamation rainy-city
xs

Post #125939 3rd Jan 2012 1:05 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
druand

The whole point about 2T is it is NOT an additive it is the same substance as diesel by chemical formula. All you are doing is increasing the lubricating quality of existing fuel.
Basic 2T to JASO FB or FC but not any synthetic varieties. All FL2's (3) Gone
FL2 GS Auto SD with heated leather, factory tints, alloy spare and a few other bits.

Post #125954 3rd Jan 2012 3:08 pm
Ghyllie

Scotland 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

Clareyb999 wrote:
Thanks for all of your feedback! I am getting it flushed out and sod the warranty opt out, for £4k! I can't afford it and just need my wheels back. Thanks for the filter changes advice, will find a little garage to assist. Any ideas of a great 4x4 garage in the Gloucestershire area?

Cheers!

up until recently it was regular practise to put petrol into diesel during the winter months, stopped diesel from waxing, so it's probably abit late now but I would have drained off as much as possible and filled up with diesel run the tank as low as possible and just carried on, diesel engines back then regularly did 300,000 miles and I know of one (on a truck) thats been around the clock more than once Shocked most if not all of them had had petrol put into them regularly it seems odd that most of todays "pampered" diesels will never make it to 150,000

Ghyllie oo! Shiney!

Post #125968 3rd Jan 2012 4:53 pm
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

up until recently it was regular practise to put petrol into diesel during the winter months, stopped diesel from waxing, so it's probably abit late now but I would have drained off as much as possible and filled up with diesel run the tank as low as possible and just carried on, diesel engines back then regularly did 300,000 miles and I know of one (on a truck) thats been around the clock more than once Shocked most if not all of them had had petrol put into them regularly it seems odd that most of todays "pampered" diesels will never make it to 150,000

Ghyllie[/quote]

yes I would agree totally.

Iain

Post #125970 3rd Jan 2012 5:10 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

but they never had the fine engineering needed to produce modern ultra high injection pressures At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #125989 3rd Jan 2012 7:06 pm
bigalf1961

hi druand you can argue as much as you want about it being an lubricant its not you that,s upholding the warranty on the vehicle its l/rover and if they do not recognise two stroke oil as an recognised addertive in the fuel they will just say fuel contamination has caused premature ware also these days thay can take fuel samples and send them to the lab and have them analised and it will show at some point that contamination has taken place.i would do as most have said get a vat reg gararge or an indy to drain /flush/replenish and run and take a chance it will most likely be ok rainy-city
xs

Post #125995 3rd Jan 2012 7:28 pm
Boxer

Wales 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Zermatt Silver

From my experience, I was using 2 stroke in the fuel, can't say if this saved my injection system or not, but as I previously said 2 years in and no problems to report, except my clutch is now slipping Big Cry Don't put petrol in a diesel. They don't run well.

Post #126008 3rd Jan 2012 10:08 pm
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

iain cooper wrote:

Ghyllie

yes I would agree totally.

Iain[/quote]

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/fuels...lling.html

According to the AA website on which they offer a fuel draining service for 250 quid :

if you have put 5 litres or less of petrol in it , top it up with diesel and drive. If it's more call them and they will do a roadside service, so the tolerance for contamination they are saying is around 5/60ths on an average car, that's around 8.0% 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #126012 3rd Jan 2012 10:35 pm
druand

bigalf,
As I have already said IT IS NOT AN ADDITIVE.
This is the benefit of 2t. All you expensive proprietory treatments are additives and as such are easily traced in fuel analysis.
I am involed in fuel testing through motorsport and have spoken with fuel technicians in the labs when testing at Grand Prix, touring cars and at World Rally. They all confirm. All FL2's (3) Gone

Post #126024 4th Jan 2012 12:59 am
dunroof

Thumbs Up

Last edited by dunroof on 16th Feb 2013 9:36 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #126029 4th Jan 2012 8:56 am
bigalf1961

two stroke oil in fuel tank would still be classed as contamination !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whistle rainy-city
xs

Post #126032 4th Jan 2012 9:05 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>