« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > United Kingdom > newbie here
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black
newbie here

hi, I've recently ordered a FL2, It should arrive on 1st march. This is on the back of a messed up Audi TT order, we ordered the TT last July but the dealer forgot to order it from audi, I only found out when it got near the due date (vague Dec date given to me) and started asking questions.
Anyway recently I found out Im going to be a dad so it was an easy decision to tell Audi to get lost and order a fl2.
The thought of trying to squeeze a baby seat and a pram into a TT was scary, although I'm reliably informed it is possible.
Any hint and tips about babies and fl2's would be appreciated!

I have a long land-rover history .. several defenders and a freelander commercial in the past all proper muddy farm trucks.

Post #11310 6th Dec 2007 12:59 am
npinks

United Kingdom 
Re: newbie here

chicken george wrote:
hi, I've recently ordered a FL2, It should arrive on 1st march. This is on the back of a messed up Audi TT order, we ordered the TT last July but the dealer forgot to order it from audi, I only found out when it got near the due date (vague Dec date given to me) and started asking questions.
Anyway recently I found out Im going to be a dad so it was an easy decision to tell Audi to get lost and order a fl2.
The thought of trying to squeeze a baby seat and a pram into a TT was scary, although I'm reliably informed it is possible.
Any hint and tips about babies and fl2's would be appreciated!

I have a long land-rover history .. several defenders and a freelander commercial in the past all proper muddy farm trucks.

Congratulations on the new family member...............

Oh and the baby aswell... Rolling with laughter

I would look at rear privacy glass as it helps with the suns glare and keeping the cabin cooler, also i wouldn't get a huge pram, the boots not huge.

Leather always helps too, as babies puke all over the place, well mine did in his younger days Big Cry and its easier to clean/mop up

IMO Maxi-Cosi range is nice, Mama & Pappa's expensive, nappies Tesco own are good, but i prefer Huggies or pampers, Don't get talked into buying stuff you don't need.

also drive the car as much as possible before the baby comes along, as you'll be too tired to just drive it for the sake of it

PS. ALWAYS tell her she looks great and radiant and been pregnant make her look sexy (lie if you have too Rolling with laughter ), and NEVER say yes those trousers make your bum look bigger. Wise words from somebody who knows Whistle Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #11311 6th Dec 2007 1:18 am
chicken george

taken your advice and ordered the glass, so my wife will now look like a drug dealer as she tours round (fl is black). But if I still have to stick those silly sunshades on I will be cross.

p.s. she looks sexy all the time anyway!

Last edited by chicken george on 30th Dec 2007 6:52 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #11323 6th Dec 2007 1:14 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

chicken george wrote:
taken your advice and ordered the glass, so my wife will no loove like a drug dealer as she tours round (fl is balk). But if I still have to stick those silly sunshades on I will be cross.

p.s. she looks sexy all the time anyway!

The silly sunshade may still be required on really sunny days, (that'll be once or twice a year then) but atleast they won't be able to be seen as much.

I would also suggest you get the Ashtray from the smokers pack,(free option), works well for the spare change etc.

I guess you have ordered it from Armstrong Massey, coming from York? If so they my dealer and have always looked after me. Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #11326 6th Dec 2007 1:24 pm
chicken george

Ordered from Ripon Land Rover, good service, salesmans calls back when he promises etc didnt try and pressure me into any extra insurances etc , Audi could learn a lot. It maybe helps that I buy farm equipment from Ripon Farm Services part of the same company.

Post #11336 6th Dec 2007 4:48 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Sounds like your going to have lots of fun been able to drive around your muddy farm fields Mr. Green

If you need any help do so, let me know Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #11338 6th Dec 2007 4:57 pm
chicken george

cheers npinks did you or anyone else ever use a maxicosi cabriofix seat in FL2 with the isofix base?

Post #11455 10th Dec 2007 12:44 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

Hi CG

I haven't used the Isofix System, I opted for the TOBI which is a strap in seat (My father inlaw uses the Britax ISOfix seat which is ok)

I had Britax before this but due to my old car been written off, I got my insurance company to get me a new chair (they sent money)

I changed to the TOBI due to it having the seat harness that holds them out of the way.

Also take into account how long the seats harnesses are, (not so much on the stage one seats [new born]) but when you have a toddler in a large puffa style rain coat with a jumper on underneath the longer the harness the better Thumbs Up

Some of the ISOFIX seats have legs that go down into the foot well, I personally didn't like this, also.

With ISOFIX, if your having your car serviced, or in a rental, if the car provided doesn't have ISOFIX, your b Censored d Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #11456 10th Dec 2007 12:59 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1