Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > So who wants an Evoke?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Print this entire topic · 
IanB9

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver
So who wants an Evoke?

Just been to see one at the dealers, and they do look good, and have plenty of "feel good" factor to them.

A fairly basic spec 4x4 is about £32k, but then again basic spec is in fact pretty good.

The FL2 will have 80k miles on it by this time next year, and so ready for replacement. It might be an Evoke.

Post #113616 17th Sep 2011 4:56 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I was told the other day if I ordered one may 2012 would be roughly when it would be available Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #113618 17th Sep 2011 5:08 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

I would order one immediately if I could. I played with the 2.0 Si petrol last weekend at the Unleashed event & Much more fun to drive than a Freelander & much better kit too & in terms of money not a great deal more than the most expensive HSE FL2. A trip to the dealer is on the cards! (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #113623 17th Sep 2011 5:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

I took delivery of an SD4 Dynamic Plus Lux Coupe in Fuji white with the all black interior from LPR on the 9th Sept.
Most impressed with the build quality, it is the first new Land Rover/Range Rover i have taken delivery of with not one squeak, rattle, mystery vibration or groan. Mine has the Magneride suspension which is the Evoque's equivalent of the DR system that could be opted for on the RRS except it is for coil sprung cars. Fuel economy has surpass expectations and I'm very happy with my 9th Land Rover product since 1996. It makes the RRS and FFRR look very staid and a bit out of date. Only one tiny complaint - it should have the fantastic 8 speed auto that a similar engine in the Jag is mated to, instead it has the same (and very good) Aisin 6 speed unit that F2 has. How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #113657 18th Sep 2011 1:26 am
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

I WANT ONE! Big Cry Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #113664 18th Sep 2011 8:10 am
landy19840

Israel 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

Most defo not!!!

Post #113665 18th Sep 2011 8:29 am
Tigger

United Kingdom 

Sorry, it's not for me either.

Post #113666 18th Sep 2011 8:44 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

I want the sound system Big Cry and if it has to come with the evoque then I don't think that will be so bad Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #113669 18th Sep 2011 9:42 am
philsh

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Loire Blue

I like them, but not convinced over the rear space. The boot is smaller than the FL2 (or so I'm lead to believe?). I like the idea of the handling, with the new swanky suspension setup. It seems to look more of a crossover than an over roader. I appreciate it's a capable off roader, but it doesn't look the part. As the LR boss stated, they are pulling away from the off road appeal of the LR's of old. It appears our FL2 will be the last of the rugged looking LR's, which, in my opinion is very sad.

The price is OTT too. I guess this is due to having a RR badge on the front. I certainly wont be getting one, but I'm sure it'll be a great car to drive for those who are taking the leap - enjoy Thumbs Up Gone - TD4 XS Auto, Sumatra Black, Mud flaps and side strips, clear indicators, private plate, privacy glass

Post #113680 18th Sep 2011 11:05 am
Captain Worm

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

Rolling Eyes Space in the back is the only thing that would put me off (If I could ever afford one) When it does come to replace mine I might have to follow the foot steps of the Chicken Farmer (although I hate to admit it) Freelander 2 TD4 Auto, SE, Narvik Black, Alpaca full leather, Rear Headrest Entertainment System, 6 CD, 18 HSE Wheels, Privicy tints

Post #113705 18th Sep 2011 3:18 pm
landy19840

Israel 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

Why the fook do they do a manual too???

Post #113708 18th Sep 2011 3:35 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

I think Chicken George has hit on the obvious answer here, the RRS is the natural progression from the Freelander.

Post #113709 18th Sep 2011 3:36 pm
wizking

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Indus Silver

Not for me, but I bet you are having a great time in your new motor. Very Happy

Post #113712 18th Sep 2011 3:50 pm
philsh

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Loire Blue

Tigger wrote:
I think Chicken George has hit on the obvious answer here, the RRS is the natural progression from the Freelander.

Bit of a price difference Shocked and according to the latest surveys, they're always breaking down. I do like them though Thumbs Up Gone - TD4 XS Auto, Sumatra Black, Mud flaps and side strips, clear indicators, private plate, privacy glass

Post #113713 18th Sep 2011 3:51 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

RRS 2 years old 22,000 miles no more pricey than an XS fl2 new, an XS Limited edition not a HSE but nicely kitted out, HSE was 5k more and another 10,000 miles on it.

It may or may not breakdown who knows? life to short to fret about such things, I've always wanted a V6 or bigger car and know I'm getting one before tax rules finally kill them off for good.

Evoque is sweet yes but its price more toys/bling than engineering, fine if that's what you want.
New fl2 still a great car but we could not get inspired to buy one. and the hole in the range between a GS and XS needs filling, in 2008 SE was the XS and XS bridged the gap improving the trim without the expensive of the sat nav At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #113730 18th Sep 2011 5:28 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>