Home > General > The dealer can do a Body Care job on my FL2
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
garyd

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black
The dealer can do a Body Care job on my FL2

Hi All,

i was going to introduce myself in a coulple of weeks time when i had my FL2 HSE on a 10 plate,,but a question has turned up that i would like an answer too

the dealer Lancaster, of Welwyn garden city says they can do a Body Care job on the car and they tell me it wont need waxing for three years,,,,has anyone had this done on their FL2 and dose it work.

Oh, yes my little beauty is Black, i will post some pictures of it in a couple of weeks,,,Man i can't wait!!!

Thanks for any help.

GaryD

Post #111486 29th Aug 2011 9:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

Sounds like lifeshine, diamindbrite type coating, waste of money if you ask me as i hear any strong wash n wax can remove it Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #111487 29th Aug 2011 10:01 pm
garyd

Thanks Goodbuddy,,
you could be right but i am not sure why anyone would put strong wash n wax on a car they have just had this treatment done too

GaryD

Post #111488 29th Aug 2011 10:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
toeknee

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

Hi garyd and welcome to he club, and a Thumbs Up Thumbs Up for the colour, don't know anything about the Body Care Job the dealer is on about, but i tend to give my car a good clean / detail 3 - 4 times a year,then just use some good car shampoo and a detailing spray to finish off every couple of weeks or so

Click image to enlarge

Some on here will try and cast doubt in your mind, re the colour everyone to thier own i say, but blacks the best

Now goes and puts the kettle on and then sits down !

Post #111495 29th Aug 2011 10:57 pm
garyd

Thanks for the welcome toeknee,

Wow, your Black Beauty, looks sweet,, yes i know there's some banter on the forum with colour but they are all FL2 Underneath...and each to there own

i think what the dealer is saying have this treatment done once and you wont have to wax for three years, you just hose it down...so if it works it could save shed loads of time. i have a week to let them know

Regards

Post #111498 29th Aug 2011 11:19 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I know a fair bit of stuff about washing cars but I very much doubt you'll be able to just hose the car down and it will be clean Confused Yes it will be cleaner but you still have a film of dirt, even on my car which is sealed with a nanotec sealant which last for 6-12 months I still need to wash it

I think the hype from the dealer is clouding your judgement, as you dismissed previous post about strong wash solutions, but the fact is if they can be removed by these, a weaker solution will also effect it over time, also in three years I presume you will have the car serviced at a dealer, normally they wash a car as part of this, and they use strong cleaners to speed things up (and normally a dirty sponge or brush)

I suggest you find out a little more about what they are trying to sell you as you appear to be guessing at what it is, and if you want to spend £300+ Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #111515 30th Aug 2011 7:51 am
AiiEEX

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

I'm with Pinky on this one.

I had the same thing asked when I bought my first car in Oz.
As I didn't know the climate all that well, I agreed to this "special coating" and paid all in $1000 (£650) for it.

It turned out afterwards that I had to use a special car shampoo for it (which probably costs more than regular shampoo) and yearly it had to go off to be re-coated. Censored to all that, I just learnt from my mistake and washed the car how I wanted it to be washed. It didn't add any value to the car (which was another sales ploy) and even now when, when I buy a new car and the garage asks if I want this treatment, I just have to laugh at them and say "NO".

If you are thinking of spending money like that, then treat yourself to a professional cleaner once in a while instead.

Welcome and I hope you enjoy your car Smile

Last edited by AiiEEX on 30th Aug 2011 10:04 am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #111516 30th Aug 2011 8:19 am
djwhyte

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame

Agree with Pinky and AiiEEX (though I have no experience with these treatments).

I look forward to washing my car though. It is quite satisfying. 1st time FL2 owner. 2007 SE i6 in Tambora Flame.

Post #111521 30th Aug 2011 8:35 am
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Same answer from me gary, don't waste your money. A regular wash will keep it looking OK and a good quality polish and then wax every 3 - 4 months will make it look better than 'Mr Sales Rep' claim.

Post #111529 30th Aug 2011 9:30 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

You'll be better in learning the correct wash method that will not induce swirls and RDS into the paintwork

As your buying a 10 plate, if your really wanting to get the car looking good, find a local detailer who will machine polish the car and put a layer of protection which you can top up a couple of times a year

Sorry but there is no miracle coating that will do what the dealer claims, well I know of one if you have £1500 burning a hole, but you'll still need to wash it Laughing Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #111530 30th Aug 2011 9:40 am
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

npinks wrote:
Sounds like lifeshine, diamindbrite type coating, waste of money if you ask me as i hear any strong wash n wax can remove it

I agree, a total waste of money, and also only as good as the person who is applying it.

Iain

Post #111533 30th Aug 2011 9:50 am
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

Waste of money, my dad has a similar thing on his vauxhall - you have to use their branded products to wash it after its been applied (which works out expensive). Also bear in mind if you ever have a prank or scratch then the product will need reapplying to these affected areas. Personally I would save the money and put it towards spraying your FL2 a proper colour Whistle

Post #111536 30th Aug 2011 10:37 am
bigalf1961

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Lago Grey

my dealer did mine as a freeby befour i picked it up but i still give it a coat of good wax if thay were going to do this as a freeby let them do it. Mr. Green rainy-city
xs

Post #111539 30th Aug 2011 10:46 am
MacWallace

Scotland 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Zermatt Silver

The dealer will be offering - Lifeshine,Diamondbrite or Supagard. All very good products in my view. the fact is though that the price for the dealer dong this for you will be between £300-£400. You might not know this, but you can buy each of these sealants on Ebay for a fraction of the price and you can do a reasonable job yourself. I prefer Supagard which is applied with an impregnated sponge - Easy.

Post #111553 30th Aug 2011 1:12 pm
gusmagoo

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Yea I got offered the same thing a couple of weeks back, as well as gap insurance (another money maker for the dealers). I wouldn't bother with either...
As for your Black car, as you said, each to their own.... But my last car was black, never again...
I found myself washing it all the time, absolute Censored to keep clean...
Now got grey... perfect... Thumbs Up 57 HSE AUTO with H.I.D's - Grey with Black leather. (H.S.E. Heightadjustable Seats Extra Sad )
My Aviation website - UKHelicopterPilot.com Cool

Post #111557 30th Aug 2011 1:24 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>