« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Sad?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
4eveRed

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Zermatt Silver
Sad?

Whilst driving home the other day, saw another FL2 in Silver on the opposite side of the road and got excited and decided to "flash" him, who in turn flashed me back. Told the wife who told me I was sad!

She currently in the bad-books for driving the fl2 into a wheelie bin and putting a nasty dent in the wing (still not over this...). In addition, some complete and utter bar-steward scrapes the drivers side rear wheel-arch, and drove off without saying anything, grrrrrrrrrrr.

So, if you're driving a silver FL2 somewhere in Leeds and was recently flashed on the Scott Hall Road (a61) near Potternewton Lane, it was me and it made my day!

Glad to get that off my chest!

4eveRed

Post #10498 23rd Nov 2007 8:30 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

I had a dent by a wheelie bin in my front wing, on my old vectra

Got a company out called dentmasters and they poked and pressed, hammered and the dent vanished, would really recommend this company. Cost about £80

For the scrape try chipsaway, depending on the depth of the scrape they may be able to sort them out.

If i see a silver FL2 flashing at me i'll avert my eyes and look the otherway, its rude to flash Embarassed Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #10504 23rd Nov 2007 10:27 am
Goldstone69

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tonga Green
Re: Sad?

4eveRed wrote:
Whilst driving home the other day, saw another FL2 in Silver on the opposite side of the road and got excited and decided to "flash" him, who in turn flashed me back. Told the wife who told me I was sad!

She currently in the bad-books for driving the fl2 into a wheelie bin and putting a nasty dent in the wing (still not over this...).

Glad to get that off my chest!

4eveRed

Hope this helps http://www.relate.org.uk/ Whistle Laughing Wink

Post #10507 23rd Nov 2007 10:47 am
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

I've tried flashing other FL2 drivers ....

To date 5 court appearances, three times bound over, one fine and one suspended sentence Laughing Laughing Laughing

Seriously, they are a miserable bunch around here, tried waving and flashing, no response Sad Sad Sad

Post #10537 23rd Nov 2007 11:51 pm
Steve H

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

avtur wrote:

To date 5 court appearances, three times bound over, one fine and one suspended sentence Laughing Laughing Laughing

Seriously, they are a miserable bunch around here, tried waving and flashing, no response Sad Sad Sad

I haven't noticed you Avtur, I'm on the M60 through Stockport most days and with the state of congestion most evenings we hold a converstaion never mind acknowledge each other! D3 GS Java Black TDV6 Manual

Post #10614 25th Nov 2007 4:55 pm
mburton2

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Sumatra Black

Steve H wrote:
avtur wrote:

I haven't noticed you Avtur,

Maybe it was too cold Question Mr. Green Wink '57 FL2 GS
Sumatra Blk, Tints, Winterpack, Dodgylooking TowBar, roof rails, Front & Rear LED Indicators, Clear Side repeaters(Led), LED Rear Position/Brake lights, Additional Power-point in the boot & Brighter luggage Illumination fitted

Post #10619 25th Nov 2007 6:13 pm
Freelander2hoo

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Firenze Red

There are a few more of us about now. There is no need to flash or wave. We are a sophisticated bunch and we don't miss a thing.
We just.... know! Cool Firenze Red XS TD4 01/2013 . Averaging 1800 miles per month. My 5th Freelander in 11 years. Devotee?

Post #10633 25th Nov 2007 11:31 pm
Martin
Site Admin & Owner

United Kingdom 

Get some forum stickers and you'll never miss each other Wink

Post #10634 25th Nov 2007 11:42 pm
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

I have Martin but they are so subtle behind my bloody black tinted windows you can't friggin see them Laughing Laughing

As for flashing avtur is that what you were doing at Tong Exclamation Exclamation Here was me thinking you just needed a pee Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

I agree that FL2 drivers are miserable Censored ...most seemed ignorant,, a few did the index finger to 20 degrees above horizontal, and as Freelander2hoo says some just Cool ...know!!

Still whoever is driving them they look stunning motors

Post #10744 27th Nov 2007 10:42 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

speaking to my brother today and i was talking about the forum etc

We got on to the Flashing light at each other subject

Which he then warned me about a new gang initiation test that has come up a week or two ago on a Private Detective Network his a member of.

" If you see a car driving without their headlamp on and flash them to give them the hint, they have been cases were the have turned round and fired gun shots into the car that flashed them" he said it was start down south but reported cases in the north too

I might wave and smile instead of flashing from now on Shocked Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #10944 30th Nov 2007 1:07 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1