« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Paint - To clear up a few myths
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey
Paint - To clear up a few myths

I have noticed that there have been quite a few comments made about the likes of Lago Grey and Rimini red paint being obsolete as the factory has no supply and you will never be able to get it again.

The reason that these colours have been dropped on a tempory basis is the paint fleck supplier in Japan was contaminated by the Nuclear Power station problems.

Now a big company like JLR can't just change a fundemental supplier over night and it takes time and money to change things, hence the colours being dropped for now.

But this does not mean you can't get it anymore. All bodyshops mix paint on site according to their requirements and have paints supplied by different companies, standox, ICI etc.

When a colour is required, the painter will look on the computer system for the appropriate colour and it will come up with a list of different colours which make up the shade required.

You would not think that Alaska white has a percentage of black in it! So there really is no need for panic. Manufactueres change colours all the time but it doesnt mean you can't get it any more.

Hope this clears up a few things. Thumbs Up Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #108193 20th Jul 2011 9:48 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

i noticed the black Shocked (or a dark purple colour) been added when a painter mixed up my paint Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #108196 20th Jul 2011 10:05 am
Mav71

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

npinks wrote:
i noticed the black Shocked (or a dark purple colour) been added when a painter mixed up my paint

I know it's incredible when you see what goes into the mix. When I had the GSi bumper painted for my convertible, they added a touch of dark blue, and the car is flame red! Freelander 2 HSE Lux 2013MY - Barolo Black with Ivory Leather. Alpine DVD - Privacy -Evoque 20" Dynamic Wheels and more to come.........

Post #108208 20th Jul 2011 11:04 am
trevd01

2011 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

I had a couple of doors sprayed on my Santorini Black MY 11 (deep hedgerow scratches:note to self when greenlaning, this is not my old Defender). Perfect match. That was three weeks ago. Trevor

'60 reg SD4 XS (long gone!)

Post #108312 21st Jul 2011 7:48 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1