Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Australia & New Zealand > Freelander2 Service Intervals in Australia.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
bobh

Australia 
Freelander2 Service Intervals in Australia.

T'his may be of interest to Australian owners. I bought a new TD4e in Brisbane last September and fortunately as it turned out my Service booklet was misplaced at the dealership,after a few months I received a replacement and note the service intervals are now in line with most of the world being 12mths/25K ks ,noted Range Rovers, Discos also included. I suspect as I thought all along the reason being would relate to our diesel being equal to or exceeding European standard. Blows the climatic theory out the window as suggested by one "expert",I'm pretty sure the temperature of any reasonable engine is governed by the thermostat and not the ambient temperature!

Post #106276 28th Jun 2011 11:35 am
djwhyte

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame

I noticed the same thing at the Austral dealerships website yesterday!

http://www.australlandrover.com.au/service.html (Service Intervals tab).

Sounds much better, since my (second hand) car has only done 36K kms in over three years and is due its mid-year service but I don't see the point since it has only done 10K kms since the last one and is not in warranty or anything anymore.

That might save me a few dollars Smile 1st time FL2 owner. 2007 SE i6 in Tambora Flame.

Post #106414 28th Jun 2011 11:26 pm
egipp

Australia 2009 Freelander 2 i6 SE Auto Santorini Black

It was confirmed by Land Rover Australia to me back in February 2010 that all petrol model Freelanders could move to a 12 month service IF the oil used was Castrol SLX Professional Fuel Saver; the change from 6 to 12 months was purely down to the oil spec on the i6 - I didn't ask about the diesel models. My difficulty is that I've yet to find a dealer in this part of the world that actually uses the Castrol SLX, although the people who do my services are happy for me to provide it. Again, sadly, I've only been able to find it in 20 litre packs from main depots, not your average servo.

Post #106420 29th Jun 2011 1:40 am
djwhyte

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 i6 SE Auto Tambora Flame

I just spoke with Austral, since I am overdue my 72km service and the service guy swore blind that the Freelander 2 is on a 6 monthly service schedule still (despite what his website said).

I told him I was cheap and since it was out of warranty and such low kms, I only want to pay for what really should be done. He told me Oil & Oil Filter must be replaced, Brake Fluid needs flushing and probably blow out the Air and Pollen Filters. Normally 72kms would include new Spark Plugs but he suggested not to bother.

Might just get that done and then tell them to schedule me for the next one in 12 months. Smile

egipp, this website seems to sell you just what you need for each service I think. Can't seem to get an actual price but a phone call might help. http://www.lrautomotive.com.au/contents/en-us/d742.html 1st time FL2 owner. 2007 SE i6 in Tambora Flame.

Post #106422 29th Jun 2011 2:51 am
jaksbak@freel2

Australia 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey

I bought mine from Austral and the service sticker says 12,000 Klms or 12 months. I'm comfortable with that for it's first service since it doesn't even get the old 1500K once over to check for loose bolts etc. Afer that 20K sounds far more reasonable.

Post #106674 30th Jun 2011 2:12 pm
egipp

Australia 2009 Freelander 2 i6 SE Auto Santorini Black

Thanks for the information djwhyte - I believe the oil price is around the $340 mark for 20 litres.

Post #106744 30th Jun 2011 10:54 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1