« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Delivery delays!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Scott123

Delivery delays!!!

Hi,
Is anyone aware of any delivery delays? Ordered a new FL2 on April 27th and was told 12 weeks. When I recently sort confirmation of delivery date was told they didn't know but would let me know once they knew. Just got a letter yesterday saying no build estimates are being given by Land Rover because of supply issues through Japan. They claim they have no idea when issues will be resolved but don't expect any time soon. When ordered I compromised on paint colour because of known paint shortages but told everything else would be ok. Any views?

Post #105263 15th Jun 2011 10:52 pm
GeorgeG

United Kingdom 
Re: Delivery delays!!!

Scott123 wrote:
Hi,
Is anyone aware of any delivery delays? Ordered a new FL2 on April 27th and was told 12 weeks. When I recently sort confirmation of delivery date was told they didn't know but would let me know once they knew. Just got a letter yesterday saying no build estimates are being given by Land Rover because of supply issues through Japan. They claim they have no idea when issues will be resolved but don't expect any time soon. When ordered I compromised on paint colour because of known paint shortages but told everything else would be ok. Any views?

Scott, I ordered an SD4 HSE on 31 May for delivery to the dealer on 13 July. I was recently informed that delivery has been put back to 30 August. No reason was given, but they will stand by the p-ex they offered me on my car. They seem to think this date is realistic - I hope this doesn't develop into a VW type nightmare. A local VW dealer told me Golf's are now on 26 weeks delivery!

Post #105268 16th Jun 2011 12:42 am
tonyc

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Santorini Black
Delivery

When I got my MY11 in March it came 3 weeks early and I was told that all worrldwide production had been put on hold so they could concentrate on UK builds and market.

Passed the factory last week and there were 6 vehicles in the compound! which I understand is usually full.

Maybe they are catching up on building for export now.

Tony Rolling with laughter (got mine) Tony

Post #105278 16th Jun 2011 8:29 am
razmabaz

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Santorini Black
Re: Delivery

tonyc wrote:
~clip~

Maybe they are catching up on building for export now.

Tony Rolling with laughter (got mine)

I was gonna start a thread about this but ....

... we travelled 2200 miles through France and Northern Spain last month on holiday. I really am not exaggerating when I say I saw only 2 FL2s, 3 Discos, 1 RRS and 4 FL1s (of all these 2 were UK plates).

Where are all the exports going? Their absence, compared to UK sightings, was quite marked. Shocked

My best guess so far is Romania! Confused Freelander 1 TD4 HSE - gone, 2 weeks after the Cat.Converter!
Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto MY08 - Santorini black

Post #105282 16th Jun 2011 8:42 am
GeorgeG

United Kingdom 

Having thought about my delivery - put back from 6 weeks to 12 weeks, which ties in with Scott's experience - I wonder if Evoque production has anything to do with FL2 delays. My local dealer told me FL2's - particularly SD4's - would increasingly be in short supply once Evoque production was in full swing. Apparently this is because the Evoque uses the same auto box as the SD4 and supply of these is becoming problematic.

Clearly, Land Rover need to ensure the introduction of a new model goes as smoothly as possible and if it leads to one or two disgruntled customers buying an 'old' model having to wait then so be it. I guessed right when I previously posted that I did not think the dealer would provide any explanation for the delay - they simply said they did not know.

I am beginning to think that delivery for 30 August may be optimistic if my theory is correct.

Post #105298 16th Jun 2011 12:05 pm
Lookers Park Royal

Freelander production had slipped slightly although it looks like it is coming back again. Providing the dealer has placed the order then they will be able to provide an estimated delivery date (to the dealership) from a system we use called Vista.

It would be very unusual to not have a delivery date.

I would ask the dealer to check on Vista?

James Thumbs Up

Post #105323 16th Jun 2011 4:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
taztastic

England 

Still 16th August for me Very Happy

Post #105334 16th Jun 2011 6:48 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

[quote="razmabaz"]

tonyc wrote:

Where are all the exports going? Their absence, compared to UK sightings, was quite marked. Shocked

My best guess so far is Romania! Confused

I think I can help you there: Russia and China.

Post #105341 16th Jun 2011 8:06 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

What a cock up, surely they can buy paint etc in this country, Serves them right for penny pinching & getting rid of British Jobs in manufacturing. Censored (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #105358 16th Jun 2011 9:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tigger

United Kingdom 

Executive Valeter wrote:
What a cock up, surely they can buy paint etc in this country, Serves them right for penny pinching & getting rid of British Jobs in manufacturing. Censored

I'm sorry to say that priorities like strategic planning and employment take second place to penny pinching Sad

Post #105359 16th Jun 2011 9:59 pm
mcody

United Kingdom 
not looking good...

Hi, we placed an order for our TD4 HSE FL2 on 7th May and were originally told 'mid July'. I called the dealer today for an update and he told me that he wasn't sure but looking likely for early August now.

We've just sold our car in preparation of mid July and are gutted... Big Cry

i guess there's nothing we can do buy wait... Whistle

Post #105748 21st Jun 2011 7:39 pm
Marky

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

I saw today on M6 southbound at Sandbach 2 x transporters, the first was full of FL2 - white sport edition on the top deck and mixed dark colours below.

The second was full of evoque's mixed colours.. hopefully for some forum members their cars's are on their way cos they all looked RH drive too Thumbs Up 2010 FL2 XS Auto in Santorini Black with HSE alloys

Post #105751 21st Jun 2011 8:10 pm
Mona Geeza

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Stornoway Grey

[quote="Tigger"]

razmabaz wrote:
tonyc wrote:

Just spent the last 3 weeks in China, only saw one Freelander 2 in all that time and that was a fairly oldish one in Stornaway Grey on Chinese Beijing plates.

Post #105985 24th Jun 2011 3:38 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

[quote="Mona Geeza"]

Tigger wrote:
razmabaz wrote:
tonyc wrote:

Just spent the last 3 weeks in China, only saw one Freelander 2 in all that time and that was a fairly oldish one in Stornaway Grey on Chinese Beijing plates.

Walking along the assembly line at Halewood, each car had their destination shown on a label. China and Russia dominated!

I guess that they are both very large markets to lose all of that production and still not make much of an impression!

Post #106023 25th Jun 2011 1:58 am
mcody

United Kingdom 
a date at last..

Just been in to see my LR dealer (Hadley Green) and asked when the build date is. After checking on their system, i was advised its the 10th August, meaning i'll get the car >2 weeks later. 5 weeks after i was originally told!

Perhaps this is a blessing in disguise as i have decided to collect on Sept 1st so will at least be a 61 registration.

Happy days... Very Happy

Post #106789 1st Jul 2011 7:56 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1