Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Events > Yorkshire Game Fair - May Bank holiday weekend
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
DrownedRat

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Rimini Red

Good show - if you like dogs - which I do! Although too much stimulation saw mine barking at anything Canine for the 5 hrs we were there. Tried to bite the judge in the terrier competition - needless to say he didn't win. Now we are home he has taken himself off to bed......... Bit windy today but at least it only rained once.

Met up with Toeknee and Mrs Toeknee Bow down and had a chat. Good to see you. No more cake though should have confirmed Sunday attendence - Sorry.

Don't know if Kershaw 39 was there - lots of land rovers in car park so difficult to tell!!!

If anyone is thinking of going on BH Monday don't miss the G4 / Camel landrovers down the bottom end. Pity Mole wasn't there with his to give some balance.
I think the itinery is same on both days. Watch out for the Red Kites and keep a closer eye on any small kids you have with you so they don't get carried off!!

Your roving reported....
DR. There's always a way forward!

2008 Freelander Td4 GS - Stornoway Grey - Now Gone - Sob
2011 Freelander Td4 GS 150 - Rimini Red - in its place - Better x far x 4!!

Post #103610 29th May 2011 6:53 pm
toeknee

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

Total agree with our roving reporter, good day with only the one rain shower, Defo worth having a look and a chat to the Camel & G4 chaps, loads of kit on display. Several good displays in the main area including Adrian Slater and his Gun Dog display as well as Ben Potter with his falconry display, turned out to be quite comical last year as one of his birds decide stay in a tree most of the show.
Also good to meet up with Mr & Mrs Drownedrat and Family, our four legged pal has just knocked off his dinner and is now curled up in his bed snoring his head off, with not a care in the world, dreaming of all those lady spaniels he met today Mr. Green
It’s on tomorrow as well and I would give it a Thumbs Up worth the trip

Oh and thanks to McP for the tickets, keep an eye on the post, you have been warned Whistle

Post #103621 29th May 2011 8:25 pm
Kershaw 39

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Dynamic Auto Orkney Grey

Hello DR/Toeknee

I made it in the end ... My boys have been full of cold all week but I threw caution to the wind and dragged them out. They loved the landrover experience ride, held a falcon, stroked hundreds of dogs, watched the REAL guns, ate a foot long £4.50 sausage in a bun, bounced on the castle through the only torrential shower of the day, sat on every quad bike they could find and had a great time up at the adventure play ground a bird garden. They though it was great... I had to agree. Shame I was a bit last minute or I could have said hello to the other Yorkshire members.

On the way out look out for all the Red Kites over the car parking.... someone through a slice of bread in the open a we watched them swooping for about 1/2 an hour, amazing birds.

I would really recommend it .... even in the rain today.

cheers

Kershaw 39

Post #103669 30th May 2011 8:49 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12