(0) 20 spaces left. 
User Registered Confirmed
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Snowy

England 
Off Road Day, Eastwell Manor, Kent

I have been to meet Colin and Simon at The 4X4 Solutions in Eastwell Manor nr Ashford Kent to see if they could pull together an event for us.
A bit of background, Eastwell Manor was the location for the Land Rover Experience centre in Kent until recently when it was merged with another centre and moved to Luton.
Simon and Colin were the lead instructors at LRE Kent and have negotiated with the land owner to use the same ground for 4x4 driving and training. This is not a bash’em pay and play site.
The area is quite extensive (approx 7 miles of tracks) with different areas and tracks that will suit all levels of experience.
The format for the event is for a maximum of 12 vehicles on the site. After a 30 minute briefing you will be driving round the large demonstration area in your own vehicles (humps, side slopes, steep inclines etc) with radio contact with a central instructor who will be hopping in and out of your vehicles providing instruction as and when is necessary.
After lunch we will be able to drive around the wooded areas and tracks deeper into the estate, again with instructors jumping in and out of the vehicles.
As this was a LRE centre the site is non damaging if driven correctly. The ground is quite flinty so there are possibilities of punctures etc (as always).
Cost for the event is £100 for the day, this includes the instruction throughout and donation to the site. Cost is per vehicle, so passengers welcome, although there will need to be a spare seat for the instructors to jump in and out. Dogs are not allowed.
No confirmed dates yet, would just like to gauge if there is interest in setting up an event and anyones thoughts on it.

I will posting this on Disco3, RRSport, FFRR and Def2

Post #98408 11th Apr 2011 4:17 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Snowy

England 

Surprised there has been no interest from Freelander 2. As this is an Ex-LRE centre it will be F'lander friendly and a chance to see what they can really do.

Post #99446 21st Apr 2011 3:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

Might be the £100 thats putting folk off. Can drive off-road in Scotland for a tenner! ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #99482 21st Apr 2011 8:17 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

watch your air filters if it doesn't rain soon At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #99484 21st Apr 2011 8:26 pm
Snowy

England 

Dave wrote:
Might be the £100 thats putting folk off. Can drive off-road in Scotland for a tenner!

I can drive off road in Kent for free. But some people do not have access to the facilities that others might. The are very few non scratchy green lanes in Kent so off roading is limited.

It is quite expensive but this is a fantastic location in Kent. 4X4 sites are not cheap darn sarf. You are getting quality instruction all day long as and when you need it. We have exclusive use for maximum of just 12 vehicles. This isn't a £40 pay and play site with 30 odd knuckle draggers hooning around with no regard for others. Thumbs Up

Post #99531 22nd Apr 2011 12:56 am
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

Snowy wrote:
This isn't a £40 pay and play site with 30 odd knuckle draggers hooning around with no regard for others. Thumbs Up

Love it, you obviously have a sense of humour Laughing ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #99668 23rd Apr 2011 3:50 pm
wizking

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Indus Silver

There's nothing worse than them darn knuckle draggers!! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Joking aside though, I am popping down to kent for a few days in May, is this course now open for a visit or only to groups on pre arranged days?

Post #99671 23rd Apr 2011 3:57 pm
yaugher

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Galway Green

my son and I and a mate would be up for it.... Sept 1 2010 Now the PROUD owner of Galway Green Auto Diesel HSE

Post #99690 23rd Apr 2011 6:11 pm
D99

England 

I'm suprised more aren't intrested, the only thing putting me off is the distance from Cumbria!

Post #99707 23rd Apr 2011 7:59 pm
Snowy

England 

wizking wrote:
is this course now open for a visit or only to groups on pre arranged days?

Sadly not, it's only available for organised group days.

Post #99857 26th Apr 2011 9:49 am
Snowy

England 

yaugher wrote:
my son and I and a mate would be up for it....

Then click on the sign up and will PM you when I have further info and dates Thumbs Up

Post #99859 26th Apr 2011 9:50 am
Snowy

England 

I am still waiting for some replies, but so far the most popular day is Monday 30th June. I have sent a PM to those who have confirmed they can attend on this date. Once I have recieved 6 or 7 confirmations the guys at Eastwell can run the day. If anyone else is interested in coming along, please get in touch.

Post #102257 16th May 2011 10:39 am
wizking

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Indus Silver

I got the impression when talking to the guys from 4x4 solutions that as long as you phone to book you do not need a group.

Post #102273 16th May 2011 1:21 pm
Snowy

England 

As long as they are running a day, I expect that is the case, but I don't think they will open the site just for 1 or 2 vehicles and they are not open every weekend for people just to turn up.
I have nothing to do with 4X4 Solutions so do not know how they operate their business. I have never even been on one of their organised days, if they have had any, as we were one of the first organisations to enquire about running a day. I am organising this event as a number of people from D3 have been asking for an event in the South East Thumbs Up

Post #102278 16th May 2011 1:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1