Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Ist Service, I never knew this
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
EYorkshire

Ist Service, I never knew this

I have been enquiring ahead about my 1st service, 3 year agreements or to ring around and take the best when the time comes.

Anyway, I have been told that the 1st service is due at either 15000 miles OR 12 months after the date of manufacture, NOT the date of purchase irrespective of whether it was 0 miles when bought. Therefore my 1st service is due 9 months after I bought it. Confused

Am I the only one that did'nt know this?

Post #101785 13th May 2011 11:18 am
EYorkshire

I have just spoken to LR customer service and it seems Stratstone is talking out of their a Censored e. Forgetting mileage for a minute, a 1st service is always 12 months after the date of registration, not date of manufacture. Evil or Very Mad

Post #101787 13th May 2011 11:36 am
simont

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Tonga Green

EY
I can't believe you didn't believe the Main Dealer ( Twisted Evil ) in the first place and had to contact LR

Shouldn't we be able to trust these people. After all when they do work on our vehicles we literaly put our lives in their hands Big Cry 2002 Honda VFR800
2002 Toyota Celica 140 Silver (mid life crisis - again!)
2007 FL2 GS Manual Army Reconnaissance Green + freel2.com sticker Smile
2004 Toyota Celica 140 Black - Gone
2000 Toyota Celica 140 Silver - Gone
1998 Toyota Celica ST Pearl Green - Gone
1996 Nissan Primera 1.6 - Gone
1994 Rover Montego 1.6 Auto - Gone

Post #101793 13th May 2011 12:17 pm
EYorkshire

Smile
I know, I did'nt believe Stratstone which is why I rang LR customer services, I never had this query before with my new cars and thought maybe things have changed in the last 5 years Confused Another way to squeeze that little extra out of the customer.

Anyway I rang LPR who I bought the car off as well and true to form I was put at ease with the truth Thumbs Up I think now I will make that annual trip down south to London for my servicing and hope I don't need any warranty work doing with my local Stratstone dealer who may feel put out by me not using them.

Post #101797 13th May 2011 12:48 pm
ad210358

England 

EYorkshire wrote:
I have just spoken to LR customer service and it seems Stratstone is talking out of their a Censored e. Forgetting mileage for a minute, a 1st service is always 12 months after the date of registration, not date of manufacture. Evil or Very Mad

And your surprised Shocked

Post #101807 13th May 2011 3:12 pm
wingit

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Santorini Black

I bought my FL2 GS 1 year ago and it's due for its 1st service.

I phoned the stealership and they quoted £399

So I phoned a local approved landrover repairer and they quoted £185+ VAT = £222

Phoned my stealer back and the told me that this LR approved servicing company could not upgrade any of the ICU settings or get any LR upgrades.

Phoned Cowley & Co back and they tell me I can get all the same service requirements as a main dealer.

Result is that I'm paying £222 instead of £399 for a first service.

Post #101826 13th May 2011 6:34 pm
paul3484

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e S Manual Sumatra Black

I had the same the only thing is the local approved cant do the paint anti corrosion warranty the main dealer said it had to be them,
Anyone else had this?

Paul

Post #101832 13th May 2011 7:15 pm
wingit

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Santorini Black

Paul,

What is this "corrosion" control and what does it consist of?

Post #101966 14th May 2011 3:47 pm
Past master

United Kingdom 

It's an "inspection", and a stamp in the service book. Which many dealers don't bother to fill in anyway.

Post #101969 14th May 2011 3:57 pm
paul3484

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e S Manual Sumatra Black

Hi Past Master

Would u not worry about this and go with the non dealer service?

Paul

Post #101970 14th May 2011 4:02 pm
Past master

United Kingdom 

Can't really answer that Paul. TBH on a modern car you are very unlikely to experience sufficiently bad corrosion to invoke the warranty, unless a poor bodywork repair is carried out. On the other hand, a dealer might use the lack of a stamp in the book to talk down your trade-in value. Has anyone on the forum ever claimed on the corrosion warranty???
Mine is dealer serviced from new (I bought it second hand) but from memory I don't think the corrosion section has been stamped, and that hasn't bothered me.

Post #101974 14th May 2011 4:10 pm
Swingwing

Honest John, Saturday Telegraph Motoring Section, recently answered a similar question. His opinion is that indy servicing will not invalidate the warranty providing all procedures are followed correctly and fully and all parts and oils are as speced. But this is difficult to prove. Also, LR is unlikely to contribute to any failures that occur just out of warranty or later in the vehicles life (nothing new there.) However, the savings you make on servicing costs will probably be a lot less than the reduction in trade in value if you do not have main dealer stamps in the FSH and you trade in after a few years. If a dealer does not stamp your servicing record correctly raise merry hell. Dealers should be wary of you not the other way round. I tend to end up with good relationships with dealers post purchase, but normally it's after an inital bust-up, cos basically there is always more bulls Censored than substance when you buy the car. This time mine is comming from a dealer in Yorkshire but I will be using local main dealers for servicing - watch this space for me eating my words and hat!

Post #101979 14th May 2011 4:51 pm
Past master

United Kingdom 

The last two LRs I have bought, both second hand from LR dealers, did not have the servicing book stamped up to date. On both occasions the dealers "consulted their records" and stamped the book. I do wonder though...

It's funny how they are VERY anxious to check that your trade-in has been serviced, but can't be bothered to check the one they are selling.

Post #101987 14th May 2011 6:04 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1