England 

Censored

Post #103799 31st May 2011 11:02 am
dunroof

Yawn

Post #103800 31st May 2011 11:04 am
Griff

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Zermatt Silver

Getting the Freelander was a necessity for me to ensure that whatever the weather I can get to work. Plus I can now take it to the beach and almost anywhere else I want to go! Last winter my cars were stuck in the garage for three weeks and caused a lot of hassle trying to get to work and also even getting the shopping which was not funny.

I think its down to personal preference/experience if you should invest in winter tires.............. Until I find it an issue I will put my faith in the intel system and my stock tires Wink 
2011 FREELANDER 2 TD4 GS
Privacy glass, front and rear light guards, tinted side indicators, wing vents finished in gloss black, front and rear mud flaps

Post #103802 31st May 2011 11:06 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

dunroof wrote:
Bullshit - when it comes to winter tyres in conditions that require them Rolling Eyes
Just try driving a car with summer tyres in Scandinavia and you wont get very far.

Andy please read the orginal answer. 'Sweden, Norway, Russian' covers Scandinavia? If not apologies.

Reev - too true, I didn't know it would provoke that amount of hostility or I'd have kept my gob shut too, but hey ho, thats life.

In the UK we rarey get anything that cant be coped adequately with the normal M&S and a bit of experience. If you dont agree, put a 17 year old behind the wheel this winter and tell him the tyres will see him thro okay without any advice from you.[/quote]

Embarassed sorry dunroof - I was just responding to one post without reading your earlier reply Embarassed
Still that being said, if I was to live in the UK again I would defiantly have two sets of wheels with one fitted with the best winter tyres I could get hold of - after all, it all comes down to economy, safety and sense and I would rather have good boots than a fancy new suit Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #103804 31st May 2011 11:14 am
dunroof

No problem. Thumbs Up

Post #103812 31st May 2011 12:16 pm
IanB9

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Zermatt Silver

Strewth, away for a week at work and come back to right old Censored !

Anyway, as I live about as high up and nearly as far north as you can get in England, I do get to enjoy more winter weather than most. Even mild winters see me tip toeing along icy country lanes in early mornings and evenings just to get to and from work. And thats before my mandatory trips to the Scottish Highlands every two weeks. After more than twenty years of that routine I have learned to recognize and deal with icy roads, but I think an extra layer of security would not go amiss.

Anyway, winter tyres...

Post #104223 3rd Jun 2011 7:24 pm
jp

IanB9,

My wife's car (front wheel drive WV) Has Michelin PS3 on for the summer, and the there are dreadful in the snow, The Michelin Alpian's are much better over the winter months, Still not not great when the snow is more than 2 inch deep.

I;m running Prelli Scorpions, on th my FL2 (because there were a very good price for 4, when I replace them) There are not as good as the Michelin HP's which were the standard tires. The Hp's were a very good all round tire, but I bought 4 Vredestien wintrac Extreem's this year and there are great, good in the wet and handle deep snow really well. Thumbs Up

you could put it down to driving skills ?? but the freelander in snow mode with the Vredestien wintrac Extreem's is great to drive, if you are going to get stuck it got to be bad, you shouldn't be out on the roads ??? Bow down

Post #104361 5th Jun 2011 2:20 pm
IanB9

The Wintrac Extremes are on my short list, along with some Nokians (from Finland), the latter claim to be designed to avoid 'slush plaining'; something which seemed to beyond even HDC last year, and that's quite 'interesting' when it happens to you on a long hill.

Post #104556 7th Jun 2011 6:12 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123