Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > What Tyres?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
npinks

United Kingdom 

My dealer told me he couldn't see any reason at all why I could not drive at normal speeds with the steel spare been on the car.

I pointed out the 50mph sticker and said it wouldn't have been there if that was the case.

Been the sales staff I felt he dismissed it.

At least it wasn't a space saver

Post #7253 21st Sep 2007 9:26 am
yamaha-fan

Germany 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey
Winter-Tyres

When my FL2 arrived at the dealer beginning of August I had a good look if everything was where it should be. It was! The tyres where Pirelly Scorpion, which I do not like from past experience. So my dealer agreed to change the tyres to Continental Cross Contact, including the spare, which I approved.
As winter is coming for sure, and as we (myself, Mrs YF and the two beautiful daughters) are active skiers, I did need winter tyres plus aluminium rims, to avoid changing the tyres every now and than. But the price the dealer was asking was way apart from what I was willing to pay, besides the fact that he could not supply the winter tyre I wanted. So I looked at e-bay, and found an offering with original LR-Style 2 rims with Michelin Latitude Alpine in 17" and 235-65-17 at EUR 960,00 brand new. The price was intreaging, and the question was, if the rims are really orignal LR. The Michelins are excellent winter tyres and beyond any doubt. So I took the risk and participated in the bidding - and won! In Germany any purchase by telephone or by internet has a 14 days return guarantee by law, so I thought that the risk is reasonable. The set arrived, and everything looked ok. The rims are original with all required "stamps" and markings, and the Michelin Latitude Alpin tyres have a manufacturing date (DOT-number) of 0707 = week 07 of 2007, printed on the side wall of the tyre.
As I am a suspicious man with regard to internet-purchasings, I have phoned Michelin Germany and gave them the tyre manufacturing number. Michelin confirmed that such tyres where produced by them.
So after all, I made a good deal and am happy with my Michelin Winter Tyres of excellent reputation and record.
YF

Post #7275 21st Sep 2007 4:59 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

defkalion wrote:
avtur's real name possibly Sean Connery then... Rolling Eyes Cool

I'm flattered, but nothing could be further from the truth .... Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

I'm sure Mrs Avtur would like to think she married Sean Connery ... in fact maybe she does 'think' that from time to time ... Whistle

Post #7289 21st Sep 2007 8:53 pm
avtur

carlfraz wrote:
........only 37!! but my Mum told me so much about living through the war and the post war days I actually believe I am 72. Really, I feel like Del Boy from 'fools and horses' and I look up to you avtur like you are Grandad or Uncle Albert...especially with your 'forces' background Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Don't tell me you have a white beard and no hair Question Question Laughing Laughing

Cr4p, got 15 years on you! but I certainly don't remember post war (cheeky sod!) White beard, certainly not, Grey (beard & hair) ..... OK you got me there !

Post #7290 21st Sep 2007 8:56 pm
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Hey avtur I'm in no position to lie about greyness Big Cry Big Cry 37 years and look like a badger Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad even the chest hair is going grey, any further south of that and thats for me and Mrs Fraz only Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Wink

Post #7315 22nd Sep 2007 8:40 pm
avtur

carlfraz wrote:
......... any further south of that and thats for me and Mrs Fraz only Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Wink

That is way tooooooooooooooooo much information; ........ although I hadn't noticed that myself ......... Whistle Whistle

Post #7329 23rd Sep 2007 1:33 am
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

..is that coz the belly is in the way Laughing Laughing Whistle

Post #7351 23rd Sep 2007 8:20 pm
avtur

carlfraz wrote:
..is that coz the belly is in the way Laughing Laughing Whistle

Yep Thumbs Up

Post #7358 24th Sep 2007 12:41 am
Post Reply  Back to top