« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > speaker upgrade
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
fmc010703

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Santorini Black
speaker upgrade

hi there, i have managed to obtain 2 x rear pillar speakers, 3 x dash top speakers and the amplifier from a 59 plate fl2 hse, and i want to install them into my 08 se... All the relevant speaker cables are there along with the cable with grey multi connector that plugs into the hse amp. I am just wondering if anyone has experience of such a upgrade or whether im missing anything like modules etc; would be a matter of just plug and play any advice would be appreciated.

Post #91763 12th Feb 2011 10:12 pm
dunroof

I could go thro' 108 pages of wiring diagrammes, but busy this weekend, maybe next week if you haven't had a reply. My advice, try it and see. If the wiring is there, there is a fair chance it will work - or not!

Post #91767 12th Feb 2011 10:44 pm
stownrow

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Indus Silver

In my GS the rear pod wires are about! Noticed them when hunting down a rattle! 

Post #91773 13th Feb 2011 1:25 am
dunroof

Had a quick look, they will fit up no problem. If it doesn't work, then it's the head unit. Unsure which you have and the wiring for these is particularly complicated.

Post #91781 13th Feb 2011 10:02 am
fmc010703

hi dunroof i wired in the speakers and changed the amp this morning and nothing, not sure why everything fitted great, i have the standard se/hse headunit with the built in phone facility, only difference is its not connected to a dab tuner / module? as in the hse, as standard. I can obtain one if its required to get system working... On turning the head unit on the land rover logo appears briefly on both the radio and sat-nav displays then goes, the radio display remains on but switches from logo to the time and the sat-nav screen remains blank. there is no radio/cd , sat-nav or sound - there must be something missing or not connected, is it possible that i need a dab unit or do you think there may a be a module of some kind? I took out the hse amp (14 speakers) and put back in my original se amp (9 speakers) and everything is back working as normal. many thanks for your and everyones advice. regards, andrew.

Post #91796 13th Feb 2011 12:39 pm
alex_pescaru

Different firmware in the ICM (infotainment control module - the head unit front-end).
The ICM controls all the MOST (media oriented system transport) network components and it is their timing master.
You need new (or reprogrammed) ICM module.

Post #91827 13th Feb 2011 4:57 pm
fmc010703

hi alex thanks for your advice but not sure about the where abouts of the icm module you mentioned... is incorporated in the head unit either the front plastic control panel or the back metal tuner box ? i have installed the complete head unit from a damaged hse, of which, i heard the system working before i purchased the head unit, amplifier with the extra connection for the extra speakers - so all the audio components are from the same car with of exception of my standard door speakers and sub in the boot so is there something i am not doing correctley ? i thought would be a matter of plug & play many thanks, andrew

Post #91834 13th Feb 2011 5:55 pm
alex_pescaru

The ICM is the front plastic control panel. If you took it together with the other HSE components, then is OK.

See that the CCF (car configuration file) must be modified too.
Among posible others, these bytes for sure:
Block 2, Byte 120 - PARAM_EUCD_CCF_RADIO_AMP_AND_SPEAKER_SYSTEM
Block 2, Byte 121 - PARAM_EUCD_CCF_CENTRE_SPEAKER_DASHBOARD

The CCF is stored in 3 locations: main location is the CJB (central junction box) and the other 2 back-ups are in the IC (instrument cluster) and in the engine ECU.
Modification of those is done only with the dealer diagnose system or an aftermarket diagnose tool capable of reading, editing and writing the CCF file.

I've had your symptom of turning on -> logo -> back to time and no functionality, when was very cold in one morning.
After a restart all was OK. I have put it on account of bad CAN communication.
The ICM reads over the CAN bus the relevant CCF informations from CJB on start-up in order to configure itself.

Post #91839 13th Feb 2011 6:33 pm
alex_pescaru

Also you can have a MOST error and you can make an initialization of the MOST Network.
The procedure and functioning of the MOST network is in the document below.
https://www.freel2.com/gallery/albums/user...etwork.pdf

Post #91843 13th Feb 2011 7:00 pm
fmc010703

Alex, big thankyou... for all the technical advice given it is really appreciated, regards Andrew

Post #91866 13th Feb 2011 9:23 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1