Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Muscles & Fitness (was in Qashqai)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 6 123456>
Print this entire topic · 
ad15

blinged freelander wrote:
It's a Censored car, if it was a plus 2, then the designers expect you to sit in seats 6 and 7 just like a Japanese, bum on ground with legs in air. I tried this out in a dealers and almost couldn't extracate myself and I am probably fitter than 99% on here.

modest too,,, Wink

i assume you've met everyone then to be able to make that statement,, Whistle

Post #76987 27th Sep 2010 9:32 am
blinged freelander

No Ad, I just get checked regularly re ECG, CVD, FBC, U&E's, LFT, CHOL, Urine and BP, incidently last week 106/60. Dont smoke, drink, take any medication, even pain relief tablets and the like, eat fat of any kind nor red meat and I excercise, but none of this poncey health club stuff. I can run, cycle or swim for 8 hours without effort. I dont leave health to chance and if I am proud of it then I make no excuse. I certainly dont need a 4x4 to carry my arse about! On reflection 99% might be too low, think I'll go with 100%.

Post #77054 27th Sep 2010 9:37 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

Holy sh Censored Shocked Shocked Shocked

Blinged freelander is secretly a serving member of the SAS Laughing Bow down

Quote:
I dont leave health to chance and if I am proud of it then I make no excuse.

Well said by the way and fair play to you Thumbs Up LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #77057 27th Sep 2010 10:20 pm
blinged freelander

Thanks.

Years ago, as a teenager, used to take a drink and have a smoke. I could do a 2 mile run in roughly 12 mins, then light up, used to hack off the tail end Charlies.

That said, it's really was a mugs game and did nothing for me. I probably considered the image important at the time. As for the drink, it's the biggest scourge of our society. Domestic Abuse, Drink Driving, Public Order, Assaults. We could do with half the amount of Police if we banned it. In fact ban Ciggies and Booze, no excuses! Cut it out!

A lot of people seem to think their body will last for ever. It wont unless it's looked after. I know many people a lot younger than I who are on BP tablets and/or over weight, etc. etc. so it goes on.

The most important thing in this world is your health unless you believe in reincarnation. People should think of their family a bit more than they do. We can all put something off until tomorrow. Tomorrow might be the day you take the big heart attack.

Rant over.

Post #77060 27th Sep 2010 11:00 pm
ad15

No Ad, I just get checked regularly re ECG, CVD, FBC, U&E's, LFT, CHOL, Urine and BP, incidently last week 106/60. Dont smoke, drink, take any medication, even pain relief tablets and the like, eat fat of any kind nor red meat and I excercise, but none of this poncey health club stuff. I can run, cycle or swim for 8 hours without effort. I dont leave health to chance and if I am proud of it then I make no excuse. I certainly dont need a 4x4 to carry my arse about! On reflection 99% might be too low, think I'll go with 100%.

you must be doing it wrong then,,,,, Wink

bet i can still kick your arse to the top of a tree... Whistle

Post #77079 28th Sep 2010 10:45 am
athelstan

No Ad, I just get checked regularly.

Good Man BF.
I get checked almost daily by her ladyship - she's a doctor, but I still fall ill, fall down, fall out, fall by and fall wide of the mark despite her tests. I put it down to her - she's too young for an old mountain goat like me.

But by comparison, that Qashqai makes me look handsome - and I'm far more versatile.

Post #77083 28th Sep 2010 11:19 am
blinged freelander

Ad, it's almost worth the effort to whop your arse, but I'd not like to be responsible for your premature demise. I forgot to say I have a bloody minded determination to boot.

Althelstan, EXCEPTING your wife, whom sounds nice, but will probably bump you off in time.

A broad generalisation, I haven't got that much faith in Medics. I have it on good faith that they are either on Drugs or Alcohol, sometimes both. They kill their mistakes. GP's are like Quick Fit fitter, Jack of all trades, Master of none. Hypocrites that take the Hippocratic Oath. Consultants are slightly better on their subject.

Went out with a Vet for quite a while, I wont draw parallels, but her hands were always filthy, you didn't ask why!

Post #77086 28th Sep 2010 12:34 pm
athelstan

blinged freelander
I do concur re the majority of GP's that I've had the misfortune to encounter. Her in the white coat is a consultant and thankfully knows her stuff. And yes - she's aware of many in her profession that find it necessary to artificially boost their energy levels.

However, these folks are in the minority - the majority of health care professionals are extremely dedicated and well qualified individuals that improve (and often) save people's lives. We should thank the many whilst at the same time continue to expose the few that fail their patients.

Post #77087 28th Sep 2010 12:55 pm
ad15

nothing like sweeping generalised statements to raise the temp in here... Whistle

Post #77088 28th Sep 2010 1:06 pm
blinged freelander

We all generalise, no one is getting upset yet as it's all light hearted. You are just sour 'cos your fitness is questionable. Tell you what, find an Iron Man event close to you and I'll enter it against you. Now there's a challenge. Cant be bothered with Marathons unless it's the London one.

Post #77093 28th Sep 2010 1:45 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I can't see the point in running everywhere when there is a perfectly drivable car waiting for me to take me there

My idea of fitness was getting rid of the deep fat fry and having oven chips instead

My thoughts on it are you can either be fat as Censored or as fit as Censored , when your time comes it will make no difference to you, but it will to those that are carrying your coffin Laughing Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #77094 28th Sep 2010 1:51 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Split the topics for the orignal Very Happy

how a qashqai got on to health and fitness i don't know but Laughing Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #77096 28th Sep 2010 1:58 pm
blinged freelander

There speaks a man whom need a mid life medical check up! Shame on you, shame on you!

Post #77097 28th Sep 2010 1:59 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

i probably do Laughing Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #77098 28th Sep 2010 2:25 pm
xtattsbox

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Mate of mine did the Iron Man over in South Africa in April. Went out on the p Censored ss over Christmas last year and had a bit of post alcoholic entering Iron man disorder. Woke up in the morning with the vague recollection that he might have entered. Picked up the Blackberry and hey presto, there was the acceptance as well as the confirmation that his entry fee had cleared!!

Ahh the joys of alcohol...

Anyway, 3.8 km open water swim 1hr 4 mins. 180 k bike ride 5 hrs, 42.2 k marathon 3 hr 28mins....

Came 38th out of 1654!

9 hrs 39 mins. I think the winner did it in 8 hrs 23mins...

Quite literally, fit as a butchers dog. Results are on http://ironman.com/events/ironman/southafr...z10pghRYQW Hi Darling, I'll be home in 10 mins. If I'm not back, please read this message again...

Post #77099 28th Sep 2010 3:05 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 6 123456>