Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Muscles & Fitness (was in Qashqai)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 6 <123456>
Print this entire topic · 
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

I've a few mates who are/were serious runners, knackered the lot of them Laughing worn out ankles knees hips. some with heart complaints to, surprisingly.
Also the local running club members keep running off with each other wives, You'd think that running would tire them out.

personally I've quit the fags and only drink occasionally, not a lifestyle statement I'm sure my drinking will resume soon now that our son isnt a baby anymore and I/we will venture out a bit more often. I've never really drunk much at home, wine with meals ,maybe a glass or two of brandy on a sat night, half a bottle if Mrs G gets the remote and puts x-factor on Evil or Very Mad

on holiday next week Cool not in centerparcs or in a caravan Very Happy At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #77253 30th Sep 2010 12:50 pm
khan711

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Alaska White

Boys and girls,

I drink now and then and smoke 20 a day, I am fit as a fiddle.
Each to thier own, I have represented our great country for more than 25 years and still train 4 days a week as well as teach, as for partying and drinking, well I am the first in and last one out !!

Thing about exercise is the fitter you are, in later life you WILL need new joints. they never bloody told me that when I was a young lad. Still 6 more weeks and I will have my new FL2 HSE to carry me around and yes with a smug grin on my face Mr. Green

Post #77256 30th Sep 2010 12:59 pm
blinged freelander

Yeah, we can always quote people who do in excess of what their bodies can cope with, thats down to genetics, another hotley debated subject, but you got to agree with the statement that fags and booze are best stayed clear of. I'd respect someone more if they said, look, I like smelling like an ash tray and/or of stale beer, spirits than use all the old excuses for not changing.

Getting a bit worried that your reverting to alcohol. The intoxicated state is not a pretty one and then there is the loss of faculties, memory loss, loss of inhibitions, slowed reactions, sexual disfunction.

Post #77258 30th Sep 2010 1:06 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

If too many fags or too much booze dont kill you then too much running or (s)exercise will kill you Shocked
If you are lucky you may live a little longer but then age will kill you Laughing

The point being made I believe is if you do too much of anything you will shorten your life, if you dont have any of these vices you will live a very boring life and end up grey, grumpy and old Shocked (like I am suposed to be) Whistle 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #77262 30th Sep 2010 1:21 pm
shilen

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Bali Blue

We should all be thankful for booze and fags, if it wasnt for them then roadtax and fuel duty would be even higher than it is today and none of us would be driving FL2's!!!

Post #77264 30th Sep 2010 1:34 pm
blinged freelander

Oh dear, hear we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do they let you have a car at the Eventide Home or did you take some photos of Matron's and passed it off as your own?

Post #77265 30th Sep 2010 1:37 pm
blinged freelander

Yes, agreed, but I bet the duty doesn't keep up with the cost to the NHS.

Post #77266 30th Sep 2010 1:39 pm
blinged freelander

khan711 wrote:
Boys and girls,

I drink now and then and smoke 20 a day, I am fit as a fiddle.
Each to thier own, I have represented our great country for more than 25 years and still train 4 days a week as well as teach, as for partying and drinking, well I am the first in and last one out !!

Thing about exercise is the fitter you are, in later life you WILL need new joints. they never bloody told me that when I was a young lad. Still 6 more weeks and I will have my new FL2 HSE to carry me around and yes with a smug grin on my face Mr. Green

Does Tiddley Winks count as a sport?

Seriously, unfitness is like old age, it creeps up on you with you knowing it.

As regards the joints, excessive repeated exercise, you have a point, but not anything within reason. I've got rotator cuff calcification. The shoulder joint isn't a smooth as it should be. gives me a little bit of jip, but you ignore it and I can't say it's any worse. Think positive!

Post #77267 30th Sep 2010 1:49 pm
xtattsbox

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

blinged freelander wrote:
Yes, agreed, but I bet the duty doesn't keep up with the cost to the NHS.

Unlikely. NHS costs approx 100 Billion per annum to run. Excise duty on Tobacco and Alcohol contributes approx 20 billion.

According to the Department of Health, Smoking related disease costs the Tax payer about 2 Billion a year.

The total Tax revenue is approx 600 Billion.

All a bit back of a fag packet (no pun intended) but of total revenue Fags (half of fags and booze) generate 1.6% of total revenue, yet cost 0.33%

If everyone gave up fags, you'd loose 2 bill costs, but loose 10 bill of income.

Basically, everyone would need to pay another 1.3% in tax.

Smoke up boys Very Happy

Oh and if you drink, go out tonight an get pole axed Hi Darling, I'll be home in 10 mins. If I'm not back, please read this message again...

Post #77271 30th Sep 2010 2:11 pm
khan711

blinged freelander wrote:
Yeah, we can always quote people who do in excess of what their bodies can cope with, thats down to genetics, another hotley debated subject, but you got to agree with the statement that fags and booze are best stayed clear of. I'd respect someone more if they said, look, I like smelling like an ash tray and/or of stale beer, spirits than use all the old excuses for not changing.

Getting a bit worried that your reverting to alcohol. The intoxicated state is not a pretty one and then there is the loss of faculties, memory loss, loss of inhibitions, slowed reactions, sexual disfunction.

No excuses, I just like having a smoke, drinking- I have a little drink after each time I win or one of my students wins a world, british or european title, so no excusses I just enjoy life to the full.

As for "we can always quote people who do in excess of what their bodies can cope with, thats down to genetics"

I am not quoting people who do in excess of what their bodies can cope with, it's me, just me, 30 years of hard core training and still very able and active, for I just 40 years, no generic faults here, just playing hard and living , you should try it and not be so serious and just let people pay the extra tax on our fags and booze.

not a dig at you just the facts. Life is too short Thumbs Up

Post #77273 30th Sep 2010 2:49 pm
khan711

ad15 wrote:
so far,,,, 2 knee ops, 1 broken leg, 4 crushed vertebrae, 9 smashed teeth,

I'm fit as a fiddle and have noo regrets,, just memories of crazy days..

I right there with ya mate, 2 knee ops on my right and three on my left, all toes been broken , little one's dont bend anymore, hips are now have resurfacing done, nose broken fives times.

Me too, no regrets just crazy days. Did you do rugby ?

Post #77274 30th Sep 2010 3:03 pm
xtattsbox

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

khan711 wrote:
ad15 wrote:
so far,,,, 2 knee ops, 1 broken leg, 4 crushed vertebrae, 9 smashed teeth,

I'm fit as a fiddle and have noo regrets,, just memories of crazy days..

I right there with ya mate, 2 knee ops on my right and three on my left, all toes been broken , little one's dont bend anymore, hips are now have resurfacing done, nose broken fives times.

Me too, no regrets just crazy days. Did you do rugby ?

You got one then!! FL2 that is!! Hi Darling, I'll be home in 10 mins. If I'm not back, please read this message again...

Post #77277 30th Sep 2010 3:34 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Think Ad15 might be down to trying to snowboards and surf Laughing Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #77279 30th Sep 2010 3:53 pm
Pegleg

Wales 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Santorini Black

I just hope my body packs in before my brain does!!

Mrs Pegleg says i'm already leaving it too late Laughing

Post #77283 30th Sep 2010 4:54 pm
Andy131

United Kingdom 

Pegleg wrote:
I just hope my body packs in before my brain does!!

Mrs Pegleg says i'm already leaving it too late Laughing

With you on that thought -

How can anyone get hurt snow boarding, everyone knows snow is soft, same goes for surfing, water is nice and soft, OK wet but soft. Very Happy
Now motorcycling theres a "sport" to get yourself into casualty, mutiple breaks both arms, broken hip, broken both legs(left three times), punctured lung twice, pronounced dead at the scene once - family were proper upset when the police came and told them, even more upset when I rang up 3 hours later Whistle

It took getting married and raising kids to realise maybe I wasn't invulnerable, or even any good at riding bikes. Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #77284 30th Sep 2010 5:19 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 6 <123456>