Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Where did you buy & how good was/is the service?
How good has your dealer been both on sales and service/repair? (so far at least!)
Excellent
71%
 71%  [15]
Average - Good
23%
 23%  [5]
Terrible
4%
 4%  [1]
Total Votes: 21

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
The Doctor

United Kingdom 
Where did you buy & how good was/is the service?

I bought my FL2 brand new in April from Stratstone Nottingham. I have never bought brand new before, not sure if they treat you any better if buying new Question

The salesman introduced me to all the service and parts team and provided me with a half day LR experience voucher. I decided to buy GAP insurance which was hassle free and the only time it has been back which was to have a new dashboard top fitted (unremoveable mark), they provide a free of charge collection and delivery service and free courtesy car.

Overall very happy thus far, share your stories folks, good or bad. Very Happy Thumbs Up LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #73965 14th Aug 2010 4:54 pm
lmorris4975

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

Hi i brought my FL2 from Guy Salmon sheffield, spot on service well happy with the car and the dealer. Out of all the cars i have brought its the only place i would go back to, to buy another vehicle. Thumbs Up

Post #73966 14th Aug 2010 5:08 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I bought my first FL2 from Armstrong Massey, York the buying experience was straight forward as I had no trade in, bartered on price and got towbar included. Though the car didn't have the privacy glass it was put on. Problems was they scratched the rear bumper and said they hadn't was sticking to it, so I had to point out a 2p sized paint blemish to get them to repaint.

2nd purchase from Lookers Park Royal, the forum sponsors was very straight forward, done via email and phone call due to distance between us. I dealt with James and then Spencer both very knowledgable and always would go that extra few yards with the purchase. On the big day, I drove down and they inspected the trade in, and we sat down to have a proper cup of tea with Spencer ( James Day off) I noticed a couple of things on the new car and these were dealt with and how they was to be fixed agreed.

Then off on my way back home, very happy with everything and would look towards them at the time to swap again. Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #73971 14th Aug 2010 6:24 pm
tonka

United Kingdom 

We bought our new FL2 from Stratstone Swansea sales guy was Paul Moreton which we had first class service from Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up If I had all the money I spent on Beer!, I'd spend it on Beer!.

Post #73974 14th Aug 2010 7:25 pm
Past master

United Kingdom 

Bought mine second hand from Marshalls of Bedford. I went there because I wanted a dealer warranty and they seemed to have some cheaper vehicles. I had to get them to stamp the service book, but I assume they serviced it! When I didn't like the car I had come to see they found me another (better) one at same price. I did later find a small dent in the bonnet and some mud in the engine compartment, and I did have to phone the salesman when he didn't answer his e-mails but it seemed a pleasant enough experience and the price was OK. When it comes to servicing I'll probably take it back there first time - not happy with my local (London and Kent) dealers.

Strangely, when I bought my previous Disco (also 2nd hand) from what is now Lookers in Bury St Edmunds they too had not stamped the service book. Definitely one to look out for!

Post #73975 14th Aug 2010 8:35 pm
Dave

Scotland 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Indus Silver

Bought my FL2 new from Town & County, Aberdeen.
Bought Mrs Dave's FL2 from there and also my D3 from there too.

Received good service on all 3 occasions from the sales people Thumbs Up , service dept could do with a shake up though Rolling Eyes ______________________
2011 Full Fat RR 4.4 TDV8
2012 FL2 SD4 Auto HSE
2013 Kawasaki Versys 650

Post #73979 14th Aug 2010 9:35 pm
Uncle Buck

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e XS Manual Lago Grey

+1 for Guy Salmon, Sheffield ! Ordered car through Drive The Deal - they put me onto Guy Salmon. Opted to drive up from London to pick the car up personally, and all in all very happy (noticed a scratch by fuel filler flap - was rectified in 10 mins !) Very Happy

Post #73990 15th Aug 2010 8:50 am
stu90

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4_e S Manual Stornoway Grey

Tried to buy from Stratstone Pickering. They did not seem interested unless i would sign on the day. Got the impression that they did not want to sell some thing as lowly as a FL2. Called in at Armstrong Massey York a few days latter. Gave me a good price with no hassel and every thing was done when they said it would be. No pressure just a good dealer to buy from.

Post #74016 15th Aug 2010 7:40 pm
mole

United Kingdom 

Bought my 2007 HSE Auto from Harwoods, Edenbridge, Kent. 1st. class in all respects.

When buying my 2008 2nd.- hand F2 HSE Auto from another main dealer I was not happy that the checks before handover had been done. Upon taking to Harwoods they resolved all the issues (including the recalls that should have been completed!) and therefore have been looking after both vehicles since. mole

Post #74046 16th Aug 2010 8:11 am
andyr

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Izmir Blue

Bought mine from Conwy Land Rover, North Wales.

THE worst service I have ever encountered in my life Sad

Too many errors to list, but here's a couple just so you get a taste of the terrible service I encountered.

- Only replaced 1 tyre (when I asked for 2) and it was completely different fromt the other 3
- Split front wipers
- Shoddy repair on both mirrors (sprayed grey and not black, then paint flaking off)
- Courtesy car provided by LR is out of tax, 7 days after me driving round in it!

There is more to this story, but needless to say I would not recommend this dealership to anyone!

Cheers,

Andy BMW 335i Coupe

Post #74049 16th Aug 2010 8:41 am
tenet

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey

Uncle Buck wrote:
+1 for Guy Salmon, Sheffield ! Ordered car through Drive The Deal - they put me onto Guy Salmon. Opted to drive up from London to pick the car up personally, and all in all very happy (noticed a scratch by fuel filler flap - was rectified in 10 mins !) Very Happy

Snap - I too drove up to Sheffield and must say the handover was conducted in a very professional manner notwithstanding the excellent deal. Smile

Tenet MY 09 GS manual in Lago Grey, Wood Co arm rest and side bumper strips - now sold.

MY 15 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey with colour coded Bumper Door Mouldings

Post #74050 16th Aug 2010 8:47 am
Past master

United Kingdom 

mole wrote:
Bought my 2007 HSE Auto from Harwoods, Edenbridge, Kent. 1st. class in all respects.

When buying my 2008 2nd.- hand F2 HSE Auto from another main dealer I was not happy that the checks before handover had been done. Upon taking to Harwoods they resolved all the issues (including the recalls that should have been completed!) and therefore have been looking after both vehicles since.

When I slagged off London and Kent dealers above I wasn't referring to Harwoods. I may give them a try now!

Post #74068 16th Aug 2010 2:40 pm
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black

Got mine on 28-11-10 from Baretts in Ashford, Kent. No problem with the sales staff at all, they were very good to me as they were back in 2001 as well.
Introduced myself to parts staff & they were very good & helpfull as well with the accessories.
Service staff are fine except when you book it in for niggles & get constantly told nothing wrong Censored

As for Landrover themselves from a customer service point of view Rolling with laughter = Shower of s***. 1/10 for their service. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #74112 16th Aug 2010 11:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
lakes-martin

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black
where did I buy it from

Got my first and second FL2 from Lakeland Landover near Coniston its mt 5th land rover from them,always great service, nothing is too much trouble and they are worth a visit if your ever up in the lakes

Post #74113 16th Aug 2010 11:41 pm
christo the lord

England 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 Sport Auto Santorini Black

i got my new fl2 sport from matford landrover in exeter, i must say the service and staff are first class
speak to jason matthews for a great deal
all staff though are all more than happy to help from the reception to service sales and parts, one of the best dealers ive been to,
to sum it up well pleased with them chris Chris Binns

Post #74116 17th Aug 2010 12:38 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>