Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Where did you buy & how good was/is the service?
How good has your dealer been both on sales and service/repair? (so far at least!)
Excellent
71%
 71%  [15]
Average - Good
23%
 23%  [5]
Terrible
4%
 4%  [1]
Total Votes: 21

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Andy131

United Kingdom 

Bought first Freelander new from Rockside in Bury - on a finance package where there was a garunteed value at the end of three years, told them I did 40K a year. The computer program didn't let them put 40K so they put 25K, trusting like fool I just signed where asked, 12p per mile excess mileage. Censored
Servicing was generally good, but argued about/refused every warranty issue - promised my self never to go back Embarassed After 1 year got the servicing done by a local independant - Landranger, MUCH better.

Bought second Freelander from Guy Salmon in Stockport - wouldn't budge on price, but generally good feeling about the sale. Service treated me like a person not a mug, discount spares on sale or return for the Morrocco trip, never a problem with warranty, issues not always fixed first time but always fixed which is what matters.

Bought third Freelander from Bury - now Stratstones - G4 Freelanders are rare beasts so you have to get them from the dealer that has them, trust me I did try. Did my own finance, but to be honest they were not a million miles away this time. Serviced by Guy Salmon at Stockport - cos they do it right, they don't charge the earth (for a dealer) and most of all I trust them. Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #74140 17th Aug 2010 1:35 pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 

ANDY131!!!

Don't panic about mileage. You only pay the excess if you hand the car back at the end of the agreement. If you keep or renew then they won't charge you for going over. Thumbs Up LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #74179 17th Aug 2010 8:55 pm
Andy131

United Kingdom 

The Doctor wrote:
ANDY131!!!

Don't panic about mileage. You only pay the excess if you hand the car back at the end of the agreement. If you keep or renew then they won't charge you for going over. Thumbs Up

Handed back after just over 2 years with a failing gearbox, knocking IRD unit , rumbling propshaft bearings, and leaking diff. Possibly all caused by siezed viscous coupling - none of which were covered by the 3 year warranty, because it had done 90K.
Paid the excess just to get rid. Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #74189 17th Aug 2010 10:47 pm
LRCRAZY321

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

hunters derby..................rubbish

Post #74341 19th Aug 2010 10:21 pm
athelstan

LRCRAZY321 wrote:
hunters derby..................rubbish

I have friends & family in Derbyshire, and they all say there's no "pride" in the service offered by that lot Exclamation

Post #74355 20th Aug 2010 9:02 am
j77

Scotland 

Bought disco 3 and current freelander 2 from stratstone cupar and have ordered 11my freelander 2 from them. service has been nothing less than perfect both sales and aftersales and because i am a "loyal" customer the parts department knock a few quid off parts/accessories. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #74502 23rd Aug 2010 4:08 pm
JOHNTYWYN

Wales 

Bought mine from Cambrian Aberystwyth. A straightforward, helpful and efficient experience. They know their product, and the welcome is the same, both before and after your purchase.

Post #74507 23rd Aug 2010 6:37 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
athelstan

Letter From Land Rover

We got a letter from LR yesterday - came from the UK (why not from LR Switzerland??)

It specifically asked if we would comment on the service of a certain official dealer and directed us online to a LR questionnaire portal. They gave us the access codes in the letter. If desired we had the options to remain anonymous, to permit additional copy to LR Switzerland and/or copy to dealer in question. We agreed to cc all parties. It will be interesting to see if we receive any feedback.

So perhaps Land Rover are paying more attention to the quality of their global dealer networks, and, maybe their IT department is monitoring comments on websites like this one.

Post #74535 24th Aug 2010 7:43 am
lmorris4975

England 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Sumatra Black

I have had the same letter too. Thumbs Up

Post #74540 24th Aug 2010 11:24 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12