« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > A bit of a bump !
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
npinks

United Kingdom 

Junior wrote:

They won't want to be hiring a FL2 for 4+ months while yours is in the shop so they may move quicker to write yours off Thumbs Up

If they know the claim is going to be cover by somebody else then they have no worries about hire car charges, they won't be paying for them and if the claims gets thrown out most loan cars companies have T&C that say it the drivers responsibility to pay.

I had a loan car for the best part of 4-5months and that alone was nearly as much as the repair cost my insurer at the time told me they had one chap in a loan car for 12 months waiting on a part for the car Confused Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #73670 9th Aug 2010 1:24 pm
twodogs

2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Zermatt Silver

It's nice that the Freelander did it's job of protecting the people inside Thumbs Up
it did the job asked of it....it's good your not hurt. Very Happy

Post #73671 9th Aug 2010 2:18 pm
Junior

England 

npinks wrote:
Junior wrote:

They won't want to be hiring a FL2 for 4+ months while yours is in the shop so they may move quicker to write yours off Thumbs Up

If they know the claim is going to be cover by somebody else then they have no worries about hire car charges, they won't be paying for them and if the claims gets thrown out most loan cars companies have T&C that say it the drivers responsibility to pay.

I had a loan car for the best part of 4-5months and that alone was nearly as much as the repair cost my insurer at the time told me they had one chap in a loan car for 12 months waiting on a part for the car Confused

He said the Renault driver was with the same insurer as him, so they will have one eye on the whole picture when making decisions.

Post #73682 9th Aug 2010 6:01 pm
ad210358

England 

iain cooper wrote:
my nephew's astra had a rear/side impact and the repair came in at £4000 with the car only being worth £5500.

Iain

We also had a vehicle at work that was badly damaged all down one side, it was three years old with 110k on the clock and we hoped they would write it off as it needed £4000 of work on it and we knew it was worth repairing, they went on and repaired it, two months later we got it back it did a months work had a service and the report back from the workshop was get rid as the engine is starting to show signs of not wanting to continue, (had been a problem engine from new) we traded it in against a new one and was given £2500 against a new one Banging Head
I also know someone who works at a local repair shop who do a lot of work for a well known insurance company and he tells me that they write some vehicles off simply because they are to busy to do the work, it seems a bodyshop may do most of the work for one insurer and they are under pressure to get the job started and finished quickly but are scared to turn the work away so they will write the vehicle off rather than turn work down.

Post #73690 9th Aug 2010 7:49 pm
Junior

England 

I think I once read that a repair costing more than 75% of the vehicles market value should be a write-off (Cat
C/D salvage), and also a vehicle may be written off - if a repair would render it still to be unfit for the road (Cat B spares only).

Post #73697 9th Aug 2010 9:39 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12