Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > My Freelander 2 > Freelander Keyed!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
The Valeter

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 Metropolis LE Auto Santorini Black
Freelander Keyed!

Got home from attending the Pride Of Longbridge event rally to find some nice scroat has keyed the drivers door of my FL2 - I will key them if I find who it is. Will need a paint job as it has gone through.

I live at the end of a cul-de-sac & I have a garage with forecourt accross the road from my house with a chain accross the front & sometimes you get brain dead people who can't or don't read the cul-de-sac sign & try to turn around at my end & what I recon is someone tried this & got caught on the chain so took it out on my car. Censored (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evoque Dynamic Lux Si4 In Firenze Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #66607 18th Apr 2010 10:19 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
superspark

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Izmir Blue

I know how you feel. I had the same thing happen to me when i had my new BMW. £750 to be resprayed. Never did find out how did it but since then i have installed CCTV at a cost of £2500 complete with night vision. Since then there has been little crime and when there is the police come to see me to see the footage. Nice to know my fl2 is covered 24-7. Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Mr. Green

Post #66608 18th Apr 2010 10:27 am
Junior

England 

So...someone got frustrated by having to do a 3 point turn and decided to get out of their vehicle to scratch your car which is behind a chain on a forecourt Shocked sounds a bit far fetched to me.

More like somebody jealous of your great taste in car colours made a special visit Thumbs Up

Post #66611 18th Apr 2010 11:07 am
The Valeter

Thing is no one has any reason to go up our road unless they live here or are visiting as there is no through access for cars or pedestrians. The area is covered by security lights in the dark & a dummy camera that looks like a working one. There is a fence next to it blocking any escape from one side. The whole thing is bazzar as to how it happened, It's also strange as though someone knew we wern't here as when I am at home everytime I hear a car in the eveing I look out to see. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.
(Past) RR Evouque Pure Tech in Barollo Black with bespoke Firenze Red colour coding.
(Present) Freelander Metropolis 2015 MY In Santorini Black with Ivory Premium Leather.

Post #66614 18th Apr 2010 11:20 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

Set of Censored

Might have happen whilst out in the car and you just noticed when you got home Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #66616 18th Apr 2010 11:56 am
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Censored hole, gutted for you EV, the problem also is that if you caught the low life in the act and practised your baseball skills on his head + nuts you'd get locked up and they would walk away with a small fine for criminal damage Evil or Very Mad

Post #66628 18th Apr 2010 4:34 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Maybe it was Rowy or the Doc? At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #66629 18th Apr 2010 4:40 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Doubt it wil be ever proved who done it Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #66634 18th Apr 2010 5:31 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

.............or maybe it was King Kong Rolling Eyes 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #66653 18th Apr 2010 9:11 pm
The Valeter

I have a hunch as to who it may be & whilst it may sound rediculous when I have a hunch like this it often does prove to be true!! Anyway our house is for sale & a guy viewed it twice recently & made an offer far below the minimum price even after being pre advised by the agent that he needed to be at the upper end of the price band. He then made 4 further offers all of which I refused & then called another agent that we are with which I had forgoten to get the price raised as that fixed price was £6K lower than where he needed to be on the other agency (£6K may not sound much but it is on a victorian terrace when you are self employed!!) & then made an offer of the asking price which I declined & stated I knew what he was doing & apparently he also had mislead this agent in his info about the other agents handling regarding his offers. I stated where we needed to be & said that a little further & there could be a deal but I havn't heard anything since.

When he viewed the house he viewed the garage & parking & knew exactly where the camera is/was & the layout of this area. The letters that were etched into the drivers door are f***u & it would appear that whoever did it would be crouched down therefore being obcured from view by my MG Montego, if the rear door/wing were done they would be in full view of the houses & the front wing would be in view of the camera though there is a 300watt security light 4 feet away from where he/she would have been!
My strong theory is that that message was the reaction to the refusal of the offers made & also that his brother lives (as the crow flies) 500 yards from my house making it easy to pop round when it appeared the coast was clear. Obviously I can't directly point a finger but the scenario seems to ring true & I will be calling the agents & telling them of this & adding it to the detail I gave to the police today.
A DVR recorder & night vision camera are to be installed on Monday week with a warning sign too! (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.

Post #66655 18th Apr 2010 10:46 pm
Marky

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Auto Santorini Black

isn't the cctv night vision thing a little 'after the horse has bolted'?
wouldn't the installation of said kit put off potential buyers? 2010 FL2 XS Auto in Santorini Black with HSE alloys

Post #66657 18th Apr 2010 11:16 pm
The Valeter

Marky wrote:
isn't the cctv night vision thing a little 'after the horse has bolted'?
wouldn't the installation of said kit put off potential buyers?

Possibly & possibly but better late than wait till next time! Security features will get some viewers asking questions as they do anyway with the alarm but all new houses seem to have alarms as standard now anyway! but then others seem happy that such things are there. (Past) Freelander 2 HSE 2010 MY In Rimini Red.

Post #66659 18th Apr 2010 11:57 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

I looked at CCTV after my attempted break in

the police just kept saying it shows a theif that you have something high enough in value to spend ££££ installing CCTV, which could attract them more. They'll also just put the hoodies up to hide their face.

But at the end of the day if you want to feel more secure go for it Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #66663 19th Apr 2010 7:16 am
Junior

England 

It could of been worse, he may of targeted the Montego Shocked

Post #66671 19th Apr 2010 10:35 am
Bone

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Rimini Red

The little sh*tes next door to me watched me spend a good 3 hours giving my car a quick once over.

I went out a hour after i had finished as i left my Ipod in the car and noticed they had decided to colour in the letters on the boot handler with permanent marker, colour in the 00's on my reg plate and write all over the back window again in black marker "ha ha not so f**king clean now". to say i hit the roof was an under statement.

I have rigged up a small camera now to a LP VCR so i can watch it.

Mine is Rimini red as well, scum must be attracted to them!

Luckly they left my 3 hour old new company car alone! Kia Sorento 2.2, nice but not as nice as my Freel2 Gone S383 ABA Freelander 2.0 XEDI Rioja Red
Gone NT02 CUA Freelander 2.0 TD4 ES Blue
Gone ND06 URU Freelander 2.0 TD4 Rimini Red
Gone NA56 VJN Freeelander 2.0 TD4 Black
HERE OE07 JRX Freelander 2.2 TD4 XS Rimini

Post #66672 19th Apr 2010 11:09 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>