Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > 1st Service
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 12 <123 ... 101112>
Print this entire topic · 
flycop2000

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

I never had my FL1 serviced at a dealer in over 4.5 years and I had lots and lots of warranty work carried without a problem. Very Happy

Post #31361 19th Nov 2008 9:15 pm
joe1978

United Kingdom 2011 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Fuji White

I have dealt with Team Valley LR on a couple of occasions, 15k service and the recall (still never got a call/letter from my main dealer).

I found them excellent and wouldn't flinch in reccomending them1 Thumbs Up

joe MY11 Fuji white Td4 150 GS straight up no mixer.

Post #31362 19th Nov 2008 9:42 pm
freebo

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

I was asked to provide feedback so here goes...

In the end Mrs Freebo took the car to Team Valley Land Rover, her report as follows.

"Couldn't fault them, nice people. They even insisted in moving the groceries from the courtesy car (FL1) to our car, while I sat down & had a nice cup of coffee. The courtesy car was provided fully comp insured, but with a £500 excess, which does seem a bit high"

From what I can see all service items where carried out, except a leak on the high level brake light, which they've ordered a new unit for and will be fitted on Tuesday, the car was returned cleaned inside & out, with the exception of the inside of the spokes on the wheels (they ran out of time, we wanted an early pickup), they say they'll finnish the wheels on Tuseday when the rear brake light gets replaced (this was only a very a minor leak).

I was orgionally quoted £228-10 for the service, the final charge was £221-14, all in Shocked .

In short, highly reccomended Thumbs Up If any negatives come to light - I'll post them here.

Mike

Post #31482 21st Nov 2008 9:12 pm
DT

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

Guy Salmon have recently completed first service on our i6; £300 which included a 20% discount. Apart from the fact that, although they cleaned the car inside and out very well, they did not bother cleaning the roof, the overall experience has been very good with them. They have also had it back for two pieces of guarantee work: a new front screen (as a heating element had gone) and a replacement B-pillar from where the seatbelt had worn the plastic.

Post #31653 24th Nov 2008 9:59 pm
Stevea

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Sumatra Black

I was quoted £369 for the first service, Shocked said I could get it done cheaper else where and without any hesitation the guy I was speaking to on the end of the phone said he could match it… I said I had been quoted £275 – he dropped to £270… wish I had said £240 now! Rolling Eyes
There is a strange intermitted high pitched squeak coming from the engine from time to time which I’ve asked them to check out. 2008 SE, HSE wheels, Black Premium Leather, Privacy Glass, Sports Kit, Side Steps, various LED upgrades and Clear side indicators.

Post #32597 5th Dec 2008 3:04 pm
stormsky

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Lago Grey

commando wrote:
Does your local dealer charge £330 then for the first service?That is a rip off! Team valley at Gateshead do it for £228 includind courtesy car and insurance.That is only £48 more than you paid. What about any updates from LR or warranty work that may need doing?I am not convinced it is worth the risk.What if a fault code was showing and they could not access it, and you kept driving the vehicle not knowing that you could be doing damage to the engine or drivetrain!

Can't happen. European law dictates all manufacturers have to use a standardised set of codes refered to as J1979 or sometimes EOBD, thats why most garage diagnostic readers are universal, including the ones used by the stealers. 58 HSE, auto, lago grey, tints. Mine and my dogs Storm and Sky
TT Quattro, black. Ers.
AC Cobra rep in build. Ars.

Post #32598 5th Dec 2008 3:28 pm
commjet

Stevea wrote:
I was quoted £369 for the first service, Shocked said I could get it done cheaper else where and without any hesitation the guy I was speaking to on the end of the phone said he could match it… I said I had been quoted £275 – he dropped to £270… wish I had said £240 now! Rolling Eyes
There is a strange intermitted high pitched squeak coming from the engine from time to time which I’ve asked them to check out.

Stevea which dealer was that. I will give them a ring when my service is due You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40.
If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

Post #32671 7th Dec 2008 10:39 pm
Stevea

Hi Commjet,
It's Beadles in Sidcup.. I drop the landy off tomorrow actually..will let you know how it goes.. however when you do call them, i reckon you could talk them down to £250 / £260 easily. Thumbs Up

I've just seen what is actually covered by the A service.. They certainly make their money on it, and to think they originally quoted £369!! Censored

Cheers
Steve 2008 SE, HSE wheels, Black Premium Leather, Privacy Glass, Sports Kit, Side Steps, various LED upgrades and Clear side indicators.

Post #32697 8th Dec 2008 10:17 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

All the prices that have been quoted on this thread (from the UK) are presumably including oil Question
If so what was the price you paid for oil (litre or pint price) and how much for labour Question
That will help us abroad compair your prices with ours Wink 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #32706 9th Dec 2008 8:01 am
commjet

Thanks Stevea I rang them and played them agains Harwoods and they wold'nt match them? You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40.
If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

Post #32740 9th Dec 2008 6:58 pm
Stevea

Commjet - When i was asked who quoted me £275 i gave Guy Salmon in Maidstone... as i said, the guy at Beadles on the end of the phone did not even give it 2nd thought, and said they would match it..
I dropped the landy off tonight and should be ready by tomorrow evening.

Andy C - the price quoted to me £270 includes vat and all consumables, including oil... although i understand they do not replace the air filter on a A service, just oil and oil filter?

Steve 2008 SE, HSE wheels, Black Premium Leather, Privacy Glass, Sports Kit, Side Steps, various LED upgrades and Clear side indicators.

Post #32756 9th Dec 2008 11:54 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Stevea - That sounds very reasonable compared to the prices we have to pay here in Norway. The oil price alone here came to ca. £168 Big Cry
Next service I will probably drive to Sweden where it is much cheaper Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #32759 10th Dec 2008 9:27 am
commando

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
1st service cost

£250 including vat and a loan car and insurance at Ribblesdale in Settle. Stornaway grey SE auto with 18" alloys

Post #34045 5th Jan 2009 3:04 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

£270 'all in' free courtesy car Ripon Land rover At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #36806 9th Feb 2009 8:54 pm
Peter33

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 S Manual Zermatt Silver

1st Service today at Lloyd Motors, Carlisle £275 inc. loan car.

Very good service, I had mentioned in an earlier thread that I was unhappy about the Nearside Door Mirror having a High magnifcation (mine's a Commercial,) on the loan (std. GS FL2) car it was plain glass.

I found this to be much better, no overtaking blind spot when pulling back in and a lot easier to use when reversing.

Lloyds changed the lens FOC. They had never seen one like it.

Post #37089 13th Feb 2009 6:37 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 12 <123 ... 101112>