« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Sorry guys....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
smo

England 
Sorry guys....

I went car shopping this afternoon, this was prompted by a long list of problems with my 206,000 mile A3 finally saying its had enough, in the last week ive cracked the screen, fatally punctured a tyre, speedo died and not the alternator has catastrophically died too Sad

So, after my recent problems with my local LR dealer i went to Audi, VW, Volkswagon.....and whilst at audi i took a shine to the Q5, now ive not bought one yet but i am sorely tempted, the new a4 avant looks promising too.

So unless LR do something drastic to redeem themselves it looks like i might be staying on the dark side, i love my landrovers but the dealers are appauling (with few exceptions). I appear to be addicted to Landrovers...

TD5 D-Lander hopefully finished soon!
FL2....this year with any luck!

Post #58339 6th Feb 2010 8:07 pm
Boxer

Wales 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Zermatt Silver

Audi Big Cry Don't put petrol in a diesel. They don't run well.

Post #58345 6th Feb 2010 8:34 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

i was tempted by a 3.0tdi Q5 but you dont get alot for your money, unless you look used demo cars that have been spec'ed up by the dealer Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #58346 6th Feb 2010 8:41 pm
smo

England 

You reckon??

I think even the basic spec is pretty high, at least they dont make you pay for a higher spec for basics like puddle lights and map reading lights inside etc. I appear to be addicted to Landrovers...

Post #58349 6th Feb 2010 8:54 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

TBH i was only comparing 3.0tdi S-Line to 2.0tdi S-Line and comparing things like sound system (Lo or Hi Line) and things like satnav's too, however i did find the odd SE that looked ok Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #58350 6th Feb 2010 9:00 pm
FR2471

England 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

My Brother bought a standard A4 estate yesterday and I was talking to the sales chap and he told me that the Q5 was a life style vehicle and would be crap on anything other than the school run ... dont do it you become a c Censored ck you know that Rolling with laughter

Post #58461 7th Feb 2010 10:48 am
smo

England 

What rubbish the salesman was talking, the Q5 is far from rubbish on anything otehr than the school run, i do a 100 mile commute every day, this is 2 miles local, 33 miles motorway/dualcarriageway and 15 miles twisty country lanes (x2) - its absolutely ideal (snow ice and floods are common)

I also tow and with 2.4T limit thats pretty good, i can expect to get nearly 50mpg on my commute and get there in comfort, also it projects a good image and as a company director when i visit important suppliers or clients there is an element of "looking right" (until i get out in jeans and t-shirt!)

I'm not off the FL2 at all, it is also pretty ideal forwhat i want but bad dealer experiences and similar prices for a good spec make it a fair match - the difference being audi will lend me one for an extended test drive etc, LR wont even discuss selling me one..... I appear to be addicted to Landrovers...

Post #58462 7th Feb 2010 10:56 am
FR2471

England 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

SMO I will admit the Dealer Service at Audi was excellent and everything was absolutely meticulous but I still think the Land Rover as he said is a more purposeful vehicle and much more capable in off road situations / snow conditions. These were his words not mine Shocked

Post #58468 7th Feb 2010 11:13 am
smo

England 

Without doubt the Freelander is better offroad, however i really dont go offroad that often anymore and if i do then i have my own hand-build custom LR for the job which would be ideal if i ever finished the last few bits off!!!!

I've read up on owners in the snow and because of the quattro the Q5 was very good, it uses a very similar 4x4 driveline to the FL2.... I appear to be addicted to Landrovers...

Post #58482 7th Feb 2010 11:49 am
iain cooper

Scotland 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e HSE Manual Lago Grey

the Q5 was on our shortlist and we had an impressive test drive.

I don't think there is much between the FL2 and the Q5, apart from the FL2 terrain response system, which you may never use anyway.

it would really come down to which you prefer to own and drive................a very personal choice.

for us it was the FL2 and we are very happy.

Iain

Post #58486 7th Feb 2010 12:53 pm
Cameo

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

I can understand the appeal having come for an Audi myself. The FL2 is very comfortable and the off road ability excellent. However, if you don't regularly off road then the downside of the FL2 e.g. quality of the interior materials, the various well reported warranty defects, premium purchase and service costs then it can niggle. I'm considering a return to a proper 'premium' brand myself.

If you like the car go for it (whatever brand it is) Thumbs Up

Post #58490 7th Feb 2010 1:13 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

My Audi had a fair few warranty repairs in the 3.5 years I had it, It was a fine car but Audis are not without their problems too...that said I will look at Q5's next year along with fl2's and tiguan /touregs. I wont be disturbing the kia/hyundia people Laughing Im under 80 so honda is out, and Im going no where near toyota dealerships while a stream of cars with jammed throttles pile into them. 'The car in the hedge is a toyota' At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #58496 7th Feb 2010 2:34 pm
smo

England 

I've been very lucky with my current audi, until this week ive not had a single failure of any part in 3 years and over 100K miles, not even a puncture!

We shall see, both a viable options Smile I appear to be addicted to Landrovers...

Post #58510 7th Feb 2010 5:58 pm
smo

England 

Sorry guys, i orderd a Q5 S-Line Whistle I appear to be addicted to Landrovers...

Post #63203 11th Mar 2010 1:59 pm
Junior

England 

Please change your signature strip and hang your head in shame, Traitor! Laughing

Post #63204 11th Mar 2010 2:03 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>