« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Sorry guys....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
smo

England 

lol

I've still got the D-Lander but thats a totally different beast. In the end it came down to superb service from Audi, and rubbish couldnt give a **** service from LR. The Q5 has the same haldex system as the FL2 but is very luxurious nice place to be, which for my 30K commute every year is what i need. I appear to be addicted to Landrovers...

TD5 D-Lander hopefully finished soon!
FL2....this year with any luck!

Post #63211 11th Mar 2010 3:46 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

smo wrote:
Sorry guys, i orderd a Q5 S-Line Whistle

Hope for your sake you will not regret that desition - Audi's have terrible reliability and yes you should hang your head in shame cos the Q5 is a pumped up estate car and not in the same class as the FL2 Shocked
Stand in the corner and say 5000 bloody marys or whatever Laughing 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #63212 11th Mar 2010 4:02 pm
smo

England 

That terrible reliability has now taken me to well over 225,000 miles without a single fault until recently - i'd say 200K of trouble free motoring is something landrover ownders never see (and i know that from experience!) I appear to be addicted to Landrovers...

Post #63217 11th Mar 2010 4:41 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

Nice car Thumbs Up . but a bit like that golf ad, 'its just like a landrover' You will always wonder why your not in a freelander Very Happy At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #63218 11th Mar 2010 4:57 pm
smo

England 

Laughing

Perhaps, but then if LR had made more of an effort then i would have a 30K LR, not a 30K Audi..... Whistle I appear to be addicted to Landrovers...

Post #63221 11th Mar 2010 5:13 pm
iangam

2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Zermatt Silver

smo wrote:
Laughing

Perhaps, but then if LR had made more of an effort then i would have a 30K LR, not a 30K Audi..... Whistle

Don't forget to change your sig as you are certainly not addicted. If I deliver your Q5 I will still take great care of it even though it will always be inferior to a Landie, hell I rather do 30k a year in a series 1. Funny though as I do carry quite a few of these and they are quite popular but I can't see why, never the less good choice, I get paid to deliver them and then I can spend that money on real 4x4's. Thumbs Up 2009 FL2 GS
1985 90Tdi

Post #63224 11th Mar 2010 6:20 pm
tonka

United Kingdom 

Very nice car Audi Q5 but a work mate has one & it eats front tyres (8k & they are shaged), he has spoken to a number of other Q5 owners which have the same problem with a set at near on £400 its worth bearing this in mind. If I had all the money I spent on Beer!, I'd spend it on Beer!.

Post #63231 11th Mar 2010 7:24 pm
smo

England 

I've never heard of a single problem with Q5's eating tyres....Q7's on the other hand are renowned for it!

As for delivery, its arriving on a trailer - you dont think i'd let some random delivery person drive my brand new car!!!! I appear to be addicted to Landrovers...

Post #63243 11th Mar 2010 8:24 pm
iangam

smo wrote:
I've never heard of a single problem with Q5's eating tyres....Q7's on the other hand are renowned for it!

As for delivery, its arriving on a trailer - you dont think i'd let some random delivery person drive my brand new car!!!!

Oh yes they will, as I load the "trailer" and then drive the truck to dealer and then unload trailer. Right now i'm contracted to VAG from sheerness which is where your Q5 should come from. I've been doing it 20 years so i'll try not to bend it. Wink 2009 FL2 GS
1985 90Tdi

Post #63246 11th Mar 2010 8:38 pm
smo

England 

Yes of course there will be a mile or 2 at most on the clock from various bits of manovering, i ment its not being delivered by driver like many are which means some minimum wage muppet paid to thrash brand new cars they dont own....not with mine! I appear to be addicted to Landrovers...

Post #63249 11th Mar 2010 8:45 pm
mcphersonstrut

England 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

iangam - do you still hold the record for the longest wheelspin from rest in a delivery mileage 4x4 Whistle

Post #63250 11th Mar 2010 8:59 pm
iangam

mcphersonstrut wrote:
iangam - do you still hold the record for the longest wheelspin from rest in a delivery mileage 4x4 Whistle

No I lost that but I'm trying to regain my title with a 200 yarder, and they wonder why the tyres have had it after 8000 miles, clutches smoke a treat when we put them on top deck. Laughing

Joking aside, were all on damage bonus so we treat the cars like eggs, have a close inspection of the wheels, there fairly wide and have been know to get caught on the deck, also we are all having to wheel strap cars now so the strap goes around the tyre tread to hold the car on, sometimes a hook has been known to tap a wheel putting them on causing a small chip.
Body damage is rare on Audi but you do get the odd one with a parking dent from yard storage or a scuff bumper corner, chip driver door edge maybe, but most cars come covered up with film or in a bag.
Once we've had a good dose of snow you'll be back. Laughing 2009 FL2 GS
1985 90Tdi

Post #63259 11th Mar 2010 9:21 pm
smo

England 

Good to know, thanks for the info on what to check.

As for being back, ive still got one LR so not really left, as for it being a lesser 4x4 - its got an identical 4x4 drivetrain so i dont see how it can be! I appear to be addicted to Landrovers...

Post #63262 11th Mar 2010 9:30 pm
iangam

Mostly I've noticed that Land Rover fit a normal road tyre where as other manufacturers fit tyres you would expect to see on a sports car i.e more rubber, less tread, lower profile and lack of self cleaning which in most off road situations is not what you want.
I don't fiddle with the electronics in these new vehicles(too scared of breaking something expensive) but I would not expect to find Hill Descent or Terrain Responce in a Q5 or may be they have there own version.
As a complete Land Rover nutter I would say that Land Rovers have something that no other 4x4 will ever have, proven history. You know off road a Land Rover will get you there with the others you think it will get you there. 2009 FL2 GS
1985 90Tdi

Post #63266 11th Mar 2010 9:44 pm
smo

England 

It does have hill descent and an "off road mode" which is like terrain response but only 2 modes.

I dont actually intend using it offroad, i shall tow the D-Lander with it, and into fields and stuff but thats where i switch over to the proper offroad vehicle! I appear to be addicted to Landrovers...

Post #63269 11th Mar 2010 9:56 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>