Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > wipers on start up?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
VIKING

Norway 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Caspian Blue

Yepp! Me as well. But I have the impression this only happens when left in the sun for a while, and the car is heated up. I dont concider this to be a problem though. Works fine otherwise. 2008 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Automatic, Caspian Blue, Alpaca, Moon roof, Exclusive pack.

Post #25128 3rd Aug 2008 4:58 pm
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Same problem here, but I consider this to be pretty irritating Shocked - I had parked in the sun after a dusty mountain drive and went for a walk. When I should start the car later the wipers scraped across the dry dusty windscreen, which is not recommended in the handbook Evil or Very Mad
I guess we will have to remember NOT to leave the wipers in the Auto position, which defeats the reason for having auto wipers Rolling Eyes 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #25131 3rd Aug 2008 7:48 pm
tunaz100

United Kingdom 

I leave my wipers in auto all the time as I find the system works brilliantly, my wipers on my 07 GS do not give a single swipe on start up...very strange how some would be different!

Post #25150 4th Aug 2008 8:12 am
AndyC

tunaz100 wrote:
I leave my wipers in auto all the time as I find the system works brilliantly, my wipers on my 07 GS do not give a single swipe on start up...very strange how some would be different!

Does Fornby get warm days and sunshine Question( Laughing ) as it is only on these occasions the auto swipe on startup seems to happen Shocked
Seriously, it could be just a software problem that I will consult the stealer on the next service Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #25154 4th Aug 2008 12:04 pm
rmbillington

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Stornoway Grey

I had this problem, and consulted the dealer, they adjusted something, not sure if it was a system update or not. It now doesn't happen as often, once a month, if that, but my wipers seem less sensitive to rain. beofre the fix they worked really well, these days, I have to keep doing a manual wipe, as they don't always start up quick enough.

Rich

Post #25155 4th Aug 2008 12:20 pm
AndyC

Maybe it is best to remember to turn the wipers off when stopping the motor - and close the sunroof and the windows Big Cry , although these can be closed using the keyfob Rolling Eyes
What we need is a user alternative choice update - plug inn and tick off all the alternatives you want Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.

Post #25161 4th Aug 2008 1:10 pm
brasco891

2008 LR2 i6 SE Auto Rimini Red

AndyC wrote:
Maybe it is best to remember to turn the wipers off when stopping the motor - and close the sunroof and the windows Big Cry , although these can be closed using the keyfob Rolling Eyes
What we need is a user alternative choice update - plug inn and tick off all the alternatives you want Thumbs Up

Shocked You can close the windows using the Keyfob?? How do you do that??

Post #25472 11th Aug 2008 8:12 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

to open or close the windows (in the UK) you press and hold the open or unlock button depending on what your want

unlock = open
lock = close Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #25478 11th Aug 2008 9:52 pm
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

tunaz100 wrote:

Jan 07 GS, when on the move I think the auto wipers work quite well, BUT if left in auto when the engine is turned pff I get a 'dry scrape' 95% of the time when the car is next started Sad Sad Sad

Post #25480 11th Aug 2008 10:15 pm
brasco891

npinks wrote:
to open or close the windows (in the UK) you press and hold the open or unlock button depending on what your want

unlock = open
lock = close

Do you know if this is supposed to work in the American version (LR2), it doesn't seem to work on mine, i'm wondering if I should go to the dealer.

Post #25485 12th Aug 2008 4:44 am
Gambba

United Arab Emirates 2008 LR2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Brasco, it works on my LR2 whcih I am assuming is almost the same as the North American spec models.

Not sure if they are related but maybe you need to check that the one touch windows are working? You need to make sure you keep the remote in direct line of sight with the car for it to work and simply press and hold the unlock button.

Having said the above their may be a US regulatin that specifically states that this feature should not function maybe...... Once you've tasted GREY you'll never go back!

Post #25488 12th Aug 2008 6:12 am
flycop2000

United Kingdom 2012 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

I have just had a phone call from Landrover customer support asking me if I am enjoying my new car? I of course said yes, what other answer could there be! I informed the friendly lady about the wiper problem and she said she would pass it on to the little man in the grey dust coat who sits in a room all on his own with a pencil and notepad muttering to himself Laughing Laughing

Will the problem be fixed in an ECU update? won't hold my breath. Very Happy

Post #25524 12th Aug 2008 5:11 pm
flycop2000

I have just had a phone call from Landrover customer support asking me if I am enjoying my new car? I of course said yes, what other answer could there be! I informed the friendly lady about the wiper problem and she said she would pass it on to the little man in the grey coat who sits in a room all on his own with a pencil and notepad muttering to himself Laughing Laughing

Will the problem be fixed in an ECU update? won't hold my breath. Very Happy

Post #25525 12th Aug 2008 5:11 pm
flycop2000

Opps! Very Happy

Post #25526 12th Aug 2008 5:12 pm
brasco891

Gambba wrote:
Brasco, it works on my LR2 whcih I am assuming is almost the same as the North American spec models.

Not sure if they are related but maybe you need to check that the one touch windows are working? You need to make sure you keep the remote in direct line of sight with the car for it to work and simply press and hold the unlock button.

Having said the above their may be a US regulatin that specifically states that this feature should not function maybe......

Gambba, the one touch works on all windows. I guess I'll call the dealer to see what's going on.

Thanks

Post #25529 12th Aug 2008 5:29 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>