Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > Re-fitting sunroof blind.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
RealBeale

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Sumatra Black
Re-fitting sunroof blind.

Anybody done this ?
6 years ago I removed the damaged front sunroof blind, never dreaming it still wouldn't be replaced all these years later.
I've just bought a used one and need to know how to tension it before fitting. Removal of the headlining I know, but getting the blind installed and functioning properly is the part I'm not familiar with. ISTR seeing a workshop article way back when saying about pulling a pin once installed.............

Regards.
Ian

Post #424836 31st Aug 2022 9:14 pm
RealBeale

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Sumatra Black
All done !

No worries. All done. Managed to get the tension with a home made tool ! Rolling with laughter
Then it was a case of dropping the headliner enough to get the blind in - going as far as the rear grab handles. No need to remove completely or to remove the rear C or D pillars. It will drop far enough to do the job.
Once the tension is correct - you'll know when- you put the sprung end in first, then the other end. The trick to doing it on my own was not to try and locate the blind in the runners first. I tried locating it in the runners but it's hopeless - you cannot get in with the sprung pin or other end as the blind is now in the way if located in it's runners.
Once the pin /roll ends are in, the blind is under tension. The trick now is to pull it out nearly all the way, locate one side in the runner towards the rear, then hold this in place while you manipulate the other further forward, then you can straighten it out and hey presto, everything works as it should.
Only took me 6 years !!

Post #424853 1st Sep 2022 5:46 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1