« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Technical > What I like about the interior and the gadgets
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
pim

Netherlands 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Narvik Black
What I like about the interior and the gadgets

SOME say that the interior quality is just 'good'? I drove Audi and to be honest I am suprised and impressed by the quality of FL2. Especially by al the small technical features that are built in like:
- when using the flashing light it automatically clicks 3 times
- you can still use the power windows when you eject the key. VERY HANDY
- when parking sensors beep, the radio lowers the volume
- bluetooth phone and phonebook synchronizing is perfect, voice quality of both speakers and microphone is perfect
- sound quality of 9 speaker sound system is unbelievable
- seats are perfect
- mirrors fold when closing the car
- when opening the car, a light in the mirrors shines down, so you can see the street
- satnav is a dream-> very fast route calculation, flawless, very bright lcd screen. ( I was spoiled with TomTom, but I like this one even better)
- they are using the new type windschield wipers that I liked so much on my audi. (the ones that bend when you pull them into maintenance position)
- no cracks in the car when driving on humpy roads
- when outside temp is below 4 degrees a warning sound is played
- very clever solutions for the back headrests. They are down when there are no back passengers, they can pull them up when they take place in the car. So that when they are down you have a perfect view around you. you can see almost everything around the car.
- If a door, backdoor or hood is opened while locking the car FL2 makes a warning sound.
- THE ONLY THING IN THE COMPLETE INTERIOR THAT MIGHT NEED ATTENTION IS THE THE SPACE WHERE THE SUNFLAPS AND THE INTERIOR LIGHT IS PLACED. In a way it seems that this did not have had much attention in the design process. e.g. the sun flaps have no lighted mirrors. there is a light for every sunflap, but is it is a simple (cheap looking) light that you have to turn on with a switch.

What do you guys think???

Post #2585 22nd Apr 2007 1:46 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

Agree with your comments about the light for the vanity mirrors, it looks like a real afterthought and no where near as effective as having the light built into the surround of the mirror (according the the female population in my family!)

Post #2588 22nd Apr 2007 10:30 am
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Come on avtur, if you want to admit to cross dressing and putting on make up you are amongst friends Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter . Seriously, I too like the features of the landrover but would have liked a covered storage pot in the central console, and it would have been good for the satnav to convert to DVD player, and a light under the bonnet as night before a long trip I always remeber to check the levels so end up balancing a torch somewhere....otherwise almost perfect

Post #2589 22nd Apr 2007 10:49 am
The Villager

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Stornoway Grey

carlfraz wrote:
Come on avtur, if you want to admit to cross dressing and putting on make up you are amongst friends Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter . Seriously, I too like the features of the landrover but would have liked a covered storage pot in the central console, and it would have been good for the satnav to convert to DVD player, and a light under the bonnet as night before a long trip I always remeber to check the levels so end up balancing a torch somewhere....otherwise almost perfect

I agree with you it would look better with a cover over the centre console
David David

Post #2595 22nd Apr 2007 5:24 pm
boiledgnat

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey

Apparantly the vanity mirror lights are straight out of the Mondeo - must be Fords cost cutting!

Post #2597 22nd Apr 2007 5:54 pm
ledzep

Belgium 

I couldn't agree more with all you guys except for:

- no cracks in the car when driving on humpy roads

I would refrase this as "nothing but cracks in the back of the car when driving on humpy roads".

The mechanic from my dealer agreed that the cracks were a real ... in the .... Car has been in two times now, no noticable result. Soon in for the third time and you all now what they say about that....

Post #2607 23rd Apr 2007 9:32 am
QUERCUS

2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

can't agree more with you regarding the vanity mirror light. same low quality impression applies to the entire cargo compartment. i understand the angle of thinking that the cargo area doesnt need to have a luxurious feel but as LR trumpets practicality, the lighting there could be more thoroughly thought through.

what comes to the cracks when driving on bumpy roads, at least my individual is developing some irritating rattle from the inside of the drivers door. from the very early start the car was silent as a safety box. seems this LR too is just a car... 2007 Freelander 2 HSE i6
stornoway grey
black leather

Post #2609 23rd Apr 2007 1:51 pm
pim

Netherlands 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Narvik Black

Does anybody hava any more comments to my list above???

Post #2807 1st May 2007 11:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
boiledgnat

dipping side mirrors when in reverse.

Post #2811 2nd May 2007 6:29 am
The Villager

boiledgnat wrote:
dipping side mirrors when in reverse.

Are the dipping side mirrors on the SE model or just on the HSE?
David David

Post #2816 2nd May 2007 9:34 am
boiledgnat

I thought it was on all of the models with powerfold. The way to test is to select reverse, and then change the mirror angle. When you then take it out of reverse, the mirror should move back to where it was before. It's fairly useful when the mirrors automatically fold in slightly and dip to let you see the back corners when reversing.

Post #2822 2nd May 2007 12:01 pm
qzx372

as far as i know it is only applicable to the HSE. I have the SE and it doesn't have the feature. I queried it with the service guys and they confirmed that it is present only on HSE models. Tight fisted or what?

Post #2825 2nd May 2007 12:51 pm
AndyP

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Sumatra Black

Since it's just a software feature, we'll just have to wait until someone hacks a way around the restriction! I only hope the OS isn't Windows ... we'll never be free of updates Wink

Post #2970 10th May 2007 9:08 pm
Jez

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Sumatra Black

I was told when I test drove the car that the revserse dip wing mirrors was standard on all with powerfold. Smile

When I picked the car up (GS Td4) it didn't have them and I was told that it would need to come back for reconfig on the computer. Neutral

Later I discovered (as did dealer!) that it is only on models with electric memory seats. Big Cry

I can only presume that it uses the same hardware memory module to remember the dip position?

Post #2990 11th May 2007 1:33 pm
Bob

United Kingdom 

Hi All

My understanding is that:

(i) All FL2 models come with electrically operated and heated mirrors
(ii) Mirror memory recall only comes with memory seats eg HSE as standard
(iii) Power fold and auto dipping on engagement of reverse gear can be configured ON or OFF for any model but needs the LR dealer diagnostic kit to be connected up to select the software options. (same as for selecting single or multiple door opening on the first press of the plip, or to vary the headlamp delay period)

As it would be up to the individual who did the pre delivery checks whether to set these options on or off this might explain why some people have them working and some not.

Hope this helps.

Bob

Post #3062 14th May 2007 3:22 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>