Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > JLR Post-Brexit Shut Down
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
SouthamFL2

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Baltic Blue

Tigger, not that I doubt you, however the latest software for InControl Touch Pro is currently sitting at 19a(2) if you have a >19MY via Pathfinder (not SDD), and 19A for SDD 17MY. Are you talking about 18D, now pulled by JLR and replaced by this?

https://www.ovalnews.com/2019/03/incontrol...notes.html

Last edited by SouthamFL2 on 11th Apr 2019 6:56 am. Edited 3 times in total

Post #369992 10th Apr 2019 10:15 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

Sorry, my mistake Embarassed You’re right, I meant 18D Thumbs Up

Post #369994 10th Apr 2019 11:24 pm
steven211

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Lago Grey

I agree EMC was needed for new engines but after the amount of money they had invested, the engines should be near perfect also PHEV should of been priority. JLR fell for that trick of putting the timing chain flywheel side, BMW and GM also have done this, every engine with this set up always have problems for some reason. They should of just kept it simple and with the diesel engine they should of used the Honda 2.2 diesel as a benchmark as that engine is a gem, quiet, light, powerful and reliable. But lets not go too deep with engineering details.

EMC I am told by people I know who work there may be getting investment for future electrical powertrains in the next new few years, how true it is I don't know but hopefully it is true.

But yes iDrive is far superior to InControl, JLR should have made their own version of the iDrive controller wheel, its so much simpler plus you don't get finger marks on the screen. Magnetti Marelli do iDrive for those interested. I will say thought the latest iDrive on the new X5 and 8 series is a step backwards, its confusing and takes getting used to, I even told BMW on the launch course that it was crap.

I have to agree with the comment on Aluminium construction, JLR are years ahead of anyone else, that is something we should be proud of. BMW say their new cars have a 'carbon core' platform but in reality the only bit is the transmission tunnel which is carbon fibre, the rest is high strength steel mostly and bits of aluminium in the wings, bonnet & tailgate.

Post #369996 11th Apr 2019 6:38 am
Dartman the one

England 

Ref the BMW body, you mean it's a battery in salty atmospheres near the coast i.e about 50% of the UK, could possibly power LED auxiliary lights Whistle my PC is slightly to the right of Genghis
2012 HSE SD4 In Orkney Grey now gone, best car ever.

Post #369998 11th Apr 2019 7:25 am
Tigger

United Kingdom 

Unfortunately, there’s no achievable amount of pre production testing that can replicate 4 or so years of production experience. I’m sure that owners of BMW’s own N47 2.0d engine could probably agree with that one Rolling Eyes

A colleague is just getting rid of his 2.0d Ingenium engined DS, after 120,000+ miles and it’s certainly had it’s bad days although, in fairness, most of the issues were down to the durability of modern emissions control hardware (EGR’s anyone?!), but were all at least all covered under warranty. I hope that the lately similar hardware on his new Audi proves better, especially once the warranty expires after 2 years and 60,000 miles.

Last edited by Tigger on 11th Apr 2019 2:15 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #370000 11th Apr 2019 7:41 am
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

Does anyone know if the Wolverhampton plant is the old Guy's Motors site? I was a child in the 1950's and they built lorries there and several times a day someone would drive past the house (on Cannock Rd) sitting on a wooden seat on a new lorry chassis, no cab just a guy with an overcoat on and motorcycle goggles. I don't think they had thought of the Health and Safety concept then. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #370006 11th Apr 2019 9:42 am
Boxbrownie

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Tigger wrote:
I hope that the lately similar hardware on his new Audi proves better, especially once the warranty expires after 2 years and 60,000 miles.

Eh? Our new Audi had a three year unlimited mileage warranty, has it changed? Regards

David

Lovely i6 has now gone, but not me......

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #370013 11th Apr 2019 10:40 am
Tigger

United Kingdom 

Check again, it’s 2 years unlimited mileage, with a limitation of 60,000 miles in year 3. You’ll find it on Audi UK’s website:

https://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/warranty.html

They won't even extend cover beyond 5 years and 90,000 miles (LR are 10 years and 100,000)

Post #370026 11th Apr 2019 2:15 pm
Boxbrownie

UK definitely has a three year warranty but with a 60K max in the third year......changed that bit.

Says that in your link..... Regards

David

Please let me know if anything in my post offends you, as I may wish to offend you again......

Post #370091 12th Apr 2019 12:00 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

Indeed. Both he and I sail past 60,000 before 2 years so, to us, it’s only a 2 year warranty. One for the private owners, just not a warranty that’s adequate for commercial use, that’s all Thumbs Up

Post #370097 12th Apr 2019 2:54 pm
Boxbrownie

Yep, that suited us perfectly Whistle Wink Regards

David

Post #370098 12th Apr 2019 4:16 pm
GSKM

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Orkney Grey

dorsetfreelander wrote:
Does anyone know if the Wolverhampton plant is the old Guy's Motors site? I was a child in the 1950's and they built lorries there and several times a day someone would drive past the house (on Cannock Rd) sitting on a wooden seat on a new lorry chassis, no cab just a guy with an overcoat on and motorcycle goggles. I don't think they had thought of the Health and Safety concept then.

The Engine Manufacturing Centre is built on a field west of the A449 and south of he M54 Junction 2 of the motorway has been altered to give good access to the site rather than having to head into Wolves. Google maps has been updated recently with a good image. The place is massive, stretching fro the M54 to Wobaston Road.

Post #370110 12th Apr 2019 8:48 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234