« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Freelander 2 Used Stock Shrinking at Main Dealers
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
DirtyDuck

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Loire Blue
Freelander 2 Used Stock Shrinking at Main Dealers

If buying approved used from LR is important to you, be aware that week by week the number available is dropping quite quickly. A few months and they will be gone I reckon; and choice is already limited. 96 nationally today vs >1500 DS !!

You will pay a hefty premium, but you get a 2 year warranty and somewhat better comeback and can avoid the worries of HPI checking etc. Although they are still a used car dealer, so still treat with appropriate caution - they will fleece you just like any other given half a chance.

Post #334093 29th Oct 2017 11:22 pm
Tigger

United Kingdom 

Blimey, youve got a point!

Ive just checked and its now 91 to 1542 and it can only get worse Shocked

Even the Disco 5, at 313, now outnumbers the real thing, at only 302! Whistle

Post #334153 30th Oct 2017 6:27 pm
tenet

United Kingdom 2015 Freelander 2 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey

Dealerships don't usually hold 5 year old plus motors due to warranty problems ergo with FL2 finishing production 3 years ago there will continue to be a fall in numbers for sale. MY 09 GS manual in Lago Grey, Wood Co arm rest and side bumper strips - now sold.

MY 15 SD4 SE Auto Orkney Grey with colour coded Bumper Door Mouldings

Post #334163 30th Oct 2017 11:15 pm
Largered

that's why dealers have lots of FL2's disguised as ............. Evoques Laughing Laughing Laughing

oh and they are twice the price .......

Post #334164 30th Oct 2017 11:35 pm
DirtyDuck

And the suspension is rock 'ard.

Post #334726 8th Nov 2017 8:05 pm
DirtyDuck

tenet wrote:
Dealerships don't usually hold 5 year old plus motors due to warranty problems ergo with FL2 finishing production 3 years ago there will continue to be a fall in numbers for sale.

Well yes, we know why - I wasn't implying some weird conspiracy; I think it's easy to forget it's been 3 years since they stopped making them so was just pointing out that if you value the security a main dealer gives, you'd better get your skates on.

On the topic of main dealers, we had a bit of a do dah with a few issues with ours - nothing major. It took too many attempts to resolve, but they did resolve them all to our satisfaction finally and I feel that may not have been the case with an independent dealer and of course a private sale, forget it ! And we are off next week to our "free" (included in the inflated price) off road day. I intend to make the most of that.

Post #334727 8th Nov 2017 8:12 pm
Largered

I'm looking for uprated struts, was thinking of looking at a Disco Sport ? rear end.

Post #334728 8th Nov 2017 8:13 pm
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

[quote="DirtyDuck"]

tenet wrote:
And we are off next week to our "free" (included in the inflated price) off road day. I intend to make the most of that.

If it's the one near Honiton you will find that the off road day is really a demonstration of driving around some woods very slowly using the hill descent control in a nearly new DS or something. It's a nice day out but after driving around farm tracks in Kenya with my son in a Toyota Hilux for a couple of weeks I realised that the Off Road Day was a bit tame really but good practice for the school run. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #334750 9th Nov 2017 11:03 am
DirtyDuck

That will probably suit my wife very well - I really want her not to be afraid to do some tracks and mud etc. (or let me) and be comfortable with a local causeway that get's flooded every year. Also it's handy to reach those parking spots other cars cannot reach.

In reality we are never going to do much heavy duty stuff because we bought one in too good a condition (maybe in 10 years time when it's ready for the grave). I already got bramble scratched on the Fosse Way BOAT which didn't go down too well.

We really wanted to go to Malvern, but the waiting list is months - May (or September for a Saturday), which I think is more extreme. And I thought autumn was best - and with recent rain I will get my wish of lots of mud.

Post #334751 9th Nov 2017 11:48 am
JulesK

Wales 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Firenze Red

I'm off to the one in Cheshire on the 21/22 Nov. looking forward to it. Plenty mud and hopefully a bit of the white stuff too. fingers crossed. Very Happy If it wasn't so bad it'd be funny.

🐑
Freelander 2 HSE auto 2014 ( Florrie ) ..... Try again.
Freelander 2 GS 2012...... Gone.

Post #334762 9th Nov 2017 2:09 pm
Largered

[quote="dorsetfreelander" - It's a nice day out but after driving around farm tracks in Kenya with my son in a Toyota Hilux for a couple of weeks I realised that the Off Road Day was a bit tame really but good practice for the school run.[/quote]

What you have to remember is the vehicle you get to 'play' with is only at that Experience for a short while. After that term they are returned to an undisclosed garage unit (in the Midlands) and put back to 'factory' condition ................. then sold, as LR owned, through the dealer ship as second user vehicles. The turn around is usually 3-4 months, this allows for good residual value and opportunity to present newer vehicles+options for the play days.

Post #334765 9th Nov 2017 2:35 pm
Stanley

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Manual Lago Grey

I got my FL from a main dealer in August. At age 68 I needed the upright seating position for my Sciatica.
Looked round for ages and ended up with a OCT 14 SE Tech with lots of extras for 16k with 25 k on it.
Got a cracking PX deal as well. With the 2 year warranty and condition of the vehicle it was a no brainer for me.
Just crossed my first muddy field complete with ruts and inclines. "It ate it".
I noticed that the FL i bought was the only one I could see at the dealers. The chap said that people are holding on to the late ones with low mileage and then downsizing to the Korean Suv s.
Not decided if I will take up the free "Off Road Experience" Would have jumped at the chance years ago, perhaps someone off here could pose as a grumpy old git and be my plus one.

Post #335118 14th Nov 2017 11:36 am
MartynB

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Auto Zermatt Silver

The Experience Day at Coniston Cold used to be a good one . Ive been 3 times using invites supplied by the Fleet Manager when in as a wage slave Rolling with laughter . You were not limited in the choice of vehicle , in fact last time we went we used a RRS. I went up to the Coniston estate last week to use the Shooting Ground, and I noticed the 4X4 experience there now seems to be Isuzu king cabs and 4 wheeler ATVs like John Deer or Polaris. Have LR stopped sponsoring this venue? 2009 GS Auto Zermatt Silver - Sold June 21 after 10 years of ownership

2016 Subaru Outback SE 2.0 diesel SE Premium Lineartronic Sold 2024 after 8 years and 80k miles . Best Car I ever owned !

2023 Toyota Hilux invincible X 2.8 Auto .

Post #335122 14th Nov 2017 1:02 pm
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

LR Experience moved about a year ago from Coniston Cold to http://www.yorkshire.landroverexperience.co.uk/

I too drove something different on my second half day, a good old 110 defender. Thumbs Up FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #335127 14th Nov 2017 2:13 pm
rnlisg

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Auto Santorini Black

on my last d3 course at the ashford kent experience(now closed)I asked the instructor what his favourite vehicle was,he replied without hesitation,defender of course. Whistle gone
P38 v8 auto no problems,great howle from exhausts when giving it welly
Td5 auto head gasket,no5 pot not uncommon but good car.
1st Tdv6s manual epb problem fixed under warranty(stealer said"never heard of this before,i suggested he looked at d3 forum.
2nd Tdv6 se auto epb
3rd Tdv6 xs auto 2008,swmbo,s favourite.

Post #335393 18th Nov 2017 5:12 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1