Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Just off for an evening stroll...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
The Doctor

United Kingdom 
Just off for an evening stroll...

Shocked Shocked Shocked

LL.B (Hons) - University of Derby
LOT (Lord of Time) - University of Gallifrey

Post #328661 7th Aug 2017 8:20 pm
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

Not the brightest idea. FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #328664 7th Aug 2017 8:23 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Stroller coaster evening out Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #328668 7th Aug 2017 9:29 pm
Steven.T

United Kingdom 2009 Freelander 2 TD4_e GS Manual Lago Grey

nope nope nope nope nope

nope!
Palms were clammy just watching that Neutral

Post #328673 7th Aug 2017 10:01 pm
dunkley201

United Kingdom 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Couldn't watch it all! Not for me! Rolling Eyes 10MY (Sept 09) TD4 HSE Auto in Stornoway Grey (Now Gone)

08 FL2 TD4 SE Manual in Rimini Red (Now Gone)

Post #328691 8th Aug 2017 12:32 am
mcsimmo

Scotland 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Mauritius Blue

Idiots. Also it didn't help my fear of heights... Updated- Waiting for a Scotland v England 6 Nations home win. 24th Feb 2018
Gone-1972 88 SWB Soft top
Gone-1981 24v FFR Lightweight
Gone-2009 Freelander 2 TD4 GS manual
Gone before it bankrupted me- 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto

Post #328706 8th Aug 2017 8:16 am
dennij

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

No doubt when one of them finally falls their parents will blame the theme park for not have adequate security in place to prevent their son from breaking in and climbing the ride

Post #328708 8th Aug 2017 8:28 am
Yorky Bob

One small gust of wind, a dose of gull crap on that metal would be enough to send you tumbling moving like that. FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #328709 8th Aug 2017 8:29 am
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

In Wareham in Dorset there is a railway pedestrian crossing near the station and people insisted on walking across it even when trains were coming so Network Rail started putting a security guy there to stop people. He eventually got replaced at great expense with controlled gates to stop people (some with children in pushchairs) crossing in front of trains. Now it is proposed that a footbridge be built and people are complaining that it will be too arduous to climb etc.
Has this country gone mad? In France if you get killed on the railway it's your fault since you shouldn't be there. End of story. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #328721 8th Aug 2017 9:19 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

YBob, i was thinking that, one wrong footing and them falling, especially when the security guard was seen and they made a dash for it.

There has been three kids, climbing on roofs of disused warehouses in Leeds, one 1/2 mile from my house and only 2 survived their falls, ones still in hospital with possible life changing injuries, of course their parents all blame everyone but their kids, Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #328727 8th Aug 2017 9:51 am
Yorky Bob

Increases of this due to advent of Facetube I am afraid. Monkey sees Monkey does.

Got the tee shirt as a young person doing thinks like Cave Diving that killed my close caving buddy, one slip up and its raspberry jam. I have bits of paper that tells you lot out there I can safely take your kids into UK Mountains, did not stop me nearly killing myself last year, one small slip on a snow slope that meant I slid a long way and only stopped when I hit rocks much further down. . My fall was very preventable with the gear I had, wrong choices made. You could climb that thing clipping into the safety wire (its on there) knowing you can't fall far, did they do that, no, so wrong choices being made as the thrill was there to be had quite safely believe it or not. So I can see it from both sides of my life and that thrill as performed especially done in a group situation was really not worth the risk. FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #328736 8th Aug 2017 10:19 am
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

I work for Network Rail and the number of track incursions by trespassers is huge, a lot more than makes the news headlines.

but companies can only secure things (rail tracks, roller coasters, cranes, pylons etc) to a certain degree.

network rail are forced to spend a huge amount of money to keep fences maintained (that keep getting cut by the scrotes) as apparently its our fault that little Johnny was playing chicken with his chav mates with the 8.45 from Doncaster to London and got splattered.... so we spend money to secure that part of line.... which means the knock on costs go back to the ticket prices eventually.... but little Johnny Mk2 still gets splattered..... which means more security.... oh you get the picture !!

those idiots on the roller coaster should be billed for security, police time, and charged with B&E in the same way the little Johnny's parents should be billed for damage to fences, police time, ambulance time, clean up time, and the costs of the train driver going off sick with PTSD after seeing his windscreen turn red at 100mph.

Rant over Laughing

Post #328738 8th Aug 2017 10:22 am
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

Yorky Bob wrote:
Increases of this due to advent of Facetube I am afraid. Monkey sees Monkey does.

. You could climb that thing clipping into the safety wire (its on there) knowing you can't fall far, did they do that, no, so wrong choices being made as the thrill was there to be had quite safely believe it or not. So I can see it from both sides of my life and that thrill as performed especially done in a group situation was really not worth the risk.

Couldn't agree more Bob, I have just quit after working 10 years with the army cadets. There was plenty of military and adventure things we could have done that provided thrills and excitement with very minimal risk. However we had a very risk averse hierarchy who dumbed everything down for fear of being sued by some irate parent. This was due to couple of incidents that happened several years ago elsewhere in the country where cadets were killed due to personal negligence rather than systemic failings.

An example of the dumb 'thrills' we were forced to impose were clearing buildings on a training exercise using NERF guns (firing a soft foam dart suitable for 5 year olds) but the cadets weren't allowed to fire at each other, had to wear eye protection (fair one) and hard hats...... (because they didn't want to be sued by some parent for their child sustaining a bruise)

I think as kids are now so heavily wrapped in cotton wool until they leave university, that some will seek the adrenaline thrills by doing things like this, but without looking at the safe way of getting the same thrill....

Post #328741 8th Aug 2017 10:32 am
j77

Scotland 

This guy travels the world scaling buildings/structures

21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #328744 8th Aug 2017 10:39 am
Andy131

United Kingdom 

Health and safety my Censored
The vast majority of companies do not give a monkeys about H&S, they do care about being sued, both the expense and the publicity.
In reality if little Johnny falls through the factory roof, and his parents manage to sue, because it was easy for him to trespass and physically climb up there. Then there is something wrong with the legal system.

going over/through a fence, be it a factory, fair ground or a railway line, is a good indication that you should not be there. Tangiers Orange - gone, missing her
Replaced by Ewok what a mistake - now a happy Disco Sport owner

Post #328793 9th Aug 2017 8:01 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>