Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Off Topic > Just off for an evening stroll...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

exactly... its more the businesses are afraid of being sued than anything else.... and as you say a fence/gate/barrier/sign (or even good old common sense) should be a good indication to stay well away.
But in this world of blame and compensation culture for a quick bit of easy cash, it will NEVER be little Johnnys fault that he fell off the roller coaster

Post #328794 9th Aug 2017 8:08 am
Jimboland

England 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

RogB wrote:
I work for Network Rail and the number of track incursions by trespassers is huge, a lot more than makes the news headlines.

but companies can only secure things (rail tracks, roller coasters, cranes, pylons etc) to a certain degree.

network rail are forced to spend a huge amount of money to keep fences maintained (that keep getting cut by the scrotes) as apparently its our fault that little Johnny was playing chicken with his chav mates with the 8.45 from Doncaster to London and got splattered.... so we spend money to secure that part of line.... which means the knock on costs go back to the ticket prices eventually.... but little Johnny Mk2 still gets splattered..... which means more security.... oh you get the picture !!

those idiots on the roller coaster should be billed for security, police time, and charged with B&E in the same way the little Johnny's parents should be billed for damage to fences, police time, ambulance time, clean up time, and the costs of the train driver going off sick with PTSD after seeing his windscreen turn red at 100mph.

Rant over Laughing

Three times I've been on a train where some selfish a******e has decided to top him/herself by jumping in front of it (all in the Milton Keynes area - must be something to do with living in MK, so understandable!) and each time there have been long delays, 2 to 3 hours stuck on a stationery train, which must have cost £millions as all trains on the west coast line were stopped as nothing went past in either direction. On the last occasion when the train finally arrived at Euston a mob of British Transport Police surrounded the front of the train so that passengers could not see the new red paint job.

J

Post #328813 9th Aug 2017 11:02 am
dorsetfreelander

United Kingdom 2014 Freelander 2 SD4 XS Auto Loire Blue

I was originally a research chemist. It all started when I was at school in the 60's doing GCE and I was given the run of the chemistry lab and even had my own key to the chemistry store room so that I could do experiments when everyone had gone home! When I got to University I found that this wasn't that unusual and many of my contempories had similar experiences which was why they had gone into science. Later on as a PhD student I had to do turns at supervising undergraduates and trying to stop them blowing themselves up or getting their hair singed when they had a fire.
Contrast all this with my neighbour who is a teacher and spends more time filling in risk assessments than actually teaching. Everything is so sterile now and kids don't get to feel what it's all about and just see a few videos. 3 x FL1 2 manual + 1 auto
5 x FL2 4 manual + 1 auto
Now Discovery Sport P250 MHEV SE

Post #328814 9th Aug 2017 11:05 am
RogB

England 2013 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE Lux Auto Santorini Black

quote]

Three times I've been on a train where some selfish a******e has decided to top him/herself by jumping in front of it (all in the Milton Keynes area - must be something to do with living in MK, so understandable!) and each time there have been long delays, 2 to 3 hours stuck on a stationery train, which must have cost £millions as all trains on the west coast line were stopped as nothing went past in either direction. On the last occasion when the train finally arrived at Euston a mob of British Transport Police surrounded the front of the train so that passengers could not see the new red paint job.

J[/quote]

TBH I wouldn't call those people selfish, they clearly want to do a proper job as they have reached such a low point for whatever reason. The ones who repeatedly take mild overdoses or mark their wrists etc are the selfish ones, some are genuine cries for help definitely, but the ones who are just seeking attention are the selfish ones as they soak up resources that the genuine ones need. (and yes I do know a few people with PTSD from sandier climates)

as are these idiots who trespass and then hurt themselves, they soak up emergency services resources which detract from genuine incidents. If it was me and I got the call that someone trespassing had hurt themselves I would just class it as low priority... but then id get sued Shocked

Post #328816 9th Aug 2017 11:27 am
j77

Scotland 

I would, why has everyone else to suffer?

Want to do it properly, jump of a bridge in the middle of the night. 21MY Defender 90 S 3.0 D200

Post #328818 9th Aug 2017 11:52 am
Yorky Bob

United Kingdom 2013 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Firenze Red

Be careful what you wish on others. Confused

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-suppor...YrwT1GGNPY

It certainly got me going through a divorce 20 odd years ago. Crying or Very sad Reactive depression can attach itself to anyone or any family members and correct support is hard to come by. Your GP is just a pill pusher.

Oh and for good measure after collecting info on Doctors, the Dentists and then Opticians for the the DoH over 15 years I finished off in the national NHS Mental Health data team as a Information Officer, probably a good fit. Whistle

http://content.digital.nhs.uk/catalogue/PUB21748 FL2 MY10 TD4 GS traded in at 2 years
FL2 MY13 TD4 GS Current

Post #328821 9th Aug 2017 12:34 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12