Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > What tyres?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
kris-p

Australia 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Fuji White

I had Coopers Discoverer AT3, they were really good in terrain and provided very comfy ride on the road as the rubber they use is soft, which is a big plus. I did about 60k kms on them, but then got a flat tyre on highway (tyre got destroyed) so had to buy a brand new one. Instead of buying one new Coopers tyre, I decided (based on reviews online) to go for Pirelli Scorpion ATR. In my opinion, these are worse, the rubber is definetely harder which is very noticeable when driving.. Now they are worn down to approx 4-5mm tread and they became very noisy at speeds 70km/h and higher, so I will not be buying these again.

Post #375508 20th Jul 2019 11:56 pm
kris-p

Australia 2010 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Fuji White

Also, when buying NEW tyres, make sure you get a set of NEW tyres. Lots of retailers buy tyres from the manufacturer that are just before the end of shelf life. Which means you buy a new tyre, which is actually old. The rubber is already deteriorated and will start cracking, causing worsened grip, noise and overall tyre condition.
Lowest price is not always the way to go.

Post #375509 21st Jul 2019 12:29 am
Jimboland

England 2012 Freelander 2 SD4 GS Auto Santorini Black

Jimboland wrote:
I've gone for a set of 4 Goodyear Efficient grip SUV. They are similar to the original Goodyear Wrangler but the ratings for fuel economy and noise are better than the Wrangler and they are also a few quid cheaper. I'll let you know how they perform.

J

I've put a few thousand miles on them now and they do what it says on the tin. They are quieter and good in wet and dry conditions. I can't really compare the fuel economy accurately as my mpg is slightly lower now because I do more short town journeys than before so I would say mpg wise these tyres give at least the same, possibly slightly more than the Wranglers. Tyre wear is good and as expected.

J

Post #375601 22nd Jul 2019 10:10 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123