Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Wheels & Tyres > Links to winter tyres.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 7 <1234567>
Print this entire topic · 
rover60

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Baltic Blue

Whistle are you watching 07my Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Baltic Blue,Privacy Glass,Ebony black leather,Land rover detachable towbar,S/S Side bars,Climair wind deflectors,Bramble Rash,

Post #36460 6th Feb 2009 1:44 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

nope not bothering with a second set of tyres yet myself,

I'm watching something else on eBay Whistle Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #36462 6th Feb 2009 2:03 pm
VIKING

Norway 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Caspian Blue

Can just confirm what AndyC says. I was recommended to go for 16-rims for my winter tyres, and I have original LandRover 16-rims on my FL2. -And Conti IceContact 4x4.

Have been snowing a little bit here the past days. Only a little bit. Tiny 15 cm or so. So absolutely nothing to mention at all, but I drive just like it was summer.

A couple of weeks ago it also fell a little bit of snow. Only 25 cm, and I drove through the snow like nothing.

(We heard on the news it fell 15 cm of snow in London last week, and everything stopped. People here were in disbelief. How can anything stop at only 15 cm they asked? But I have learned you guys consider anything more than 3 cm of snow as "heavy snowfall".
Well well......)

Allthough I am very happy with my Conti 4x4 IceContact 225/70/16 (which is the right dim for FL2), I should perhaps mention that Blizzak ZDM3 (or something like that. Dont have the exact name at hand) in tests have been considered to be the best winter-tyre. Dont know how much difference it makes though.....
Perhaps Blizzak dont have the dim 225/70/16 either. If I remember correctly, you can also use 225/75/16. You can check that out with your local LR-dealer.

Report back what you finally do.

215/75/16 is apparently the best dim, but no tyres have that size.

By the way, here is a link to another thread on the suject: http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic1029.html 2008 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Automatic, Caspian Blue, Alpaca, Moon roof, Exclusive pack.

Post #36468 6th Feb 2009 3:38 pm
AJS4X4

United Kingdom 

I have new alloy 17" GS wheels and about 20 17" new steel wheels as well for sale.

Andy. Andy.
www.ajstyres.co.uk www.ajs4x4.co.uk
J8 M25 SURREY
01737 241370

Post #37084 13th Feb 2009 5:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
AndyC

Location: Where the snow dosen't melt when the sun is shining!

Norway 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Manual Stornoway Grey
Yokohama winter tyres

http://virtualreview.org/japan/zoom/129272...ama-winter

Look good in deep new snow, but the real test would be on frozen ice/snow as our roads often are. 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #51877 10th Dec 2009 10:56 am
VIKING

This was not too much snow. I have driven in quite much more snow than this.
Anyway, I dont think the Yokohama Tyres have done too well in tests. Its usually Blizzak, Continental, Nokian, Michellin who performs well in tyre-tests. But its also a good help driving the FL2 through the snow. Wink 2008 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Automatic, Caspian Blue, Alpaca, Moon roof, Exclusive pack.

Post #51890 10th Dec 2009 2:50 pm
AndyC

VIKING wrote:
This was not too much snow. I have driven in quite much more snow than this.
Anyway, I dont think the Yokohama Tyres have done too well in tests. Its usually Blizzak, Continental, Nokian, Michellin who performs well in tyre-tests. But its also a good help driving the FL2 through the snow. Wink

Just thought the link would be interesting to our UK friends that rarely get snow. Was not to give publicity to Yokohama and as you say Blizzak, Continental, Nokian, Michellin are the best winter tyre brands. My Michellin's outperform any studdless tyres I have used earlier.

ps - good to see your still around on the forum Thumbs Up Was in Stavern the other week, but no Vikings to be seen that day Wink 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.
Stornoway Grey with Ebony Black Pleather, Clear Indicators, Body Side Mouldings etc.

Post #51892 10th Dec 2009 3:16 pm
VIKING

I'm still around. Not dead yet! Cool

So you didn't see my beautiful Caspian Blue when you were here? Pity.
Well well, maybe next time you are in the area. I live next to the marina on ther othe side from Stavern, so now you know where to look. Laughing 2008 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Automatic, Caspian Blue, Alpaca, Moon roof, Exclusive pack.

Post #51894 10th Dec 2009 3:37 pm
AndyC

VIKING wrote:
I'm still around. Not dead yet! Cool

So you didn't see my beautiful Caspian Blue when you were here? Pity.
Well well, maybe next time you are in the area. I live next to the marina on ther othe side from Stavern, so now you know where to look. Laughing

Vikings live forever dont they Thumbs Up
We were looking at a flat at Risøyodden, so maybe we will be neighbors one day Whistle 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.

Post #51912 10th Dec 2009 9:09 pm
VIKING

AndyC wrote:
We were looking at a flat at Risøyodden, so maybe we will be neighbors one day Whistle

Well, I live there! I can really recomend Risøyodden or Risøystranda. We sold our house at Risøyodden a couple of years ago and moved to an appartment at Risøystranda. So we moved 300 meters. I can really recomend this place. Really nice living here. And it would be nice to have another FL2 here, so we can outnumber Range Rovers and Disco's. Thumbs Up

PS. At present two appartments for sale here. One at 3,5 mill NOK, and one at 4.250 mill NOK. -By the seaside.
Nice location. Not as nice as ours of course, but..... Whistle 2008 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Automatic, Caspian Blue, Alpaca, Moon roof, Exclusive pack.

Post #51914 10th Dec 2009 9:54 pm
AndyC

VIKING wrote:
AndyC wrote:
We were looking at a flat at Risøyodden, so maybe we will be neighbors one day Whistle

Well, I live there! I can really recomend Risøyodden or Risøystranda. We sold our house at Risøyodden a couple of years ago and moved to an appartment at Risøystranda. So we moved 300 meters. I can really recomend this place. Really nice living here. And it would be nice to have another FL2 here, so we can outnumber Range Rovers and Disco's. Thumbs Up

PS. At present two appartments for sale here. One at 3,5 mill NOK, and one at 4.250 mill NOK. -By the seaside.
Nice location. Not as nice as ours of course, but..... Whistle

Thumbs Up we are up to date with the availability - just as soon as it is possible there will be 2 FL2's at Risøy Thumbs Up 2007 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Manual with Premium Pack & Moonroof.

Post #51921 10th Dec 2009 11:21 pm
VIKING

AndyC wrote:

Thumbs Up we are up to date with the availability - just as soon as it is possible there will be 2 FL2's at Risøy Thumbs Up

I second that! Thumbs Up 2008 Freelander 2 HSE TD4 Automatic, Caspian Blue, Alpaca, Moon roof, Exclusive pack.

Post #51922 10th Dec 2009 11:35 pm
yamaha-fan

Germany 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

The best winter-tyre I have come accross in many tests and driving experience for our compact SUV is the Michelin Latitude Alpin (NOT Latitude Alpin HP) in the size 235/65-17. This winter tyre is long lasting, gives excellent ride and safety in the winter, is comfortable and quiet. The higher price is well compensated by the quality and achievable milage.

YF

Post #73336 4th Aug 2010 1:10 pm
AJS4X4

United Kingdom 

If anyone is looking for a spare set of wheels for winter tyres I can help. Andy.
www.ajstyres.co.uk www.ajs4x4.co.uk
J8 M25 SURREY
01737 241370

Post #76091 15th Sep 2010 10:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BenSki

France 

Does anyone have any experience or opinion of the Bridgestone Blizzak dm-v1? I will probably get it in 235/65/17 if that makes any difference.

I will be spending 6 months from November up in the Swiss Alps where the roads appeared to be polished rather than cleared.

This is the site I found the tyres on http://www.oponeo.fr/pneus/hiver/4x4/235/65/r17/, so if anyone thinks other tyre are better suited then I would be interested to hear your opinions.

Many thanks for reading this.

Post #77260 30th Sep 2010 1:16 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 7 <1234567>