« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Australia & New Zealand > Freelander 2 pricing Australia
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
Nick Jan

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
Tambora Flame

Tambora Flame is a strange colour that varies hugely depending on the light conditions. In bright lighting in a showroom it looks pretty good, as assume it does in sun. Razz In duller conditions it looks more like gold. Confused

Obviously colour choice is hugely subjective and personal. On the +ve side if you like it, it would be easy to spot in a car park. However I know in the UK some dealers had trouble selling this colour (which was only a launch and limited period colour), not available for new builds from mid 2007. Rolling Eyes
 Life is not a dress rehearsal!

Post #6422 9th Sep 2007 9:15 pm
sievester

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Rimini Red

I have just been told that the spec I'm after wont be here till Jan/Feb so it looks like I may not be getting a FL2 after all. Seems strange that they are selling them now and happy to take a deposit but if you want a certain colour well that'll be 5 months.

Post #6485 10th Sep 2007 11:06 am
wantitnow

Australia 
Done it.

Finally placed my order (about 2 weeks ago in fact) for a SE TD4. Didn't get much movement in the price. After trade-in maybe a couple $k all up.

Went for a white (this is the Gold Coast after all - white shoes to follow!). I had already decided on the colour then I saw the photos of a white one in this forum and it looked great so that sold me.

Dealer has promised me that I will be in it before Xmas. I hope they wrap it!

Post #10033 15th Nov 2007 10:56 am
FooMan

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

Hi all, Very Happy

I picked up my FL2 HSE 6i this afternoon. Its in Sumatra Black, Alpaca leather with metal pixel finisher with sun roof, w/tint etc. It looks great. They has a minor issue with the software setup for the towbar (reverse sensors stopped working). But the dealer Rolfe Canberra Land Rover got it sorted and so far they have been very good to deal with. They gave me a LR shirt and hat as PR gear.

Still not pleased that LR Australia make you pay extra for Technology pack for SATNAV/ bluetooth, etc where it is standard in the UK, Europe /US etc on the HSE. The HID Bi-xenon headlights are great I must say but I still would have preferred the tech pack instead as standard with the lights as an option Sad

Other then that I'm very happy so far. I'll post pictures over the weekend. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Paul

Post #10036 15th Nov 2007 11:58 am
gren

Australia 

Hi

Wanting to order the 3.2L. My wife loves the look and the feel this car.

Not sure if it is worth to get HSE instead of standard for extra $6k?

Post #11667 14th Dec 2007 6:32 am
Nick Jan

probably

We have 5 models in UK and I eventually went for the SE which included all the "need" and "really want to have" options, including sat nav, elec seats, heated screens, leather. I have to say that though I agonised about my choice and the cost, I have never regretted it at all.

Interested to know why you plan to go for the petrol engine? Confused In the UK almost all FL2s are diesel; it's performance and flexibiity is excellent, and fuel consumption way better than the otherwise attractive petrol engine.

Post #11681 14th Dec 2007 11:33 am
Ub2

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Narvik Black

Probably wants the petrol because diesel over here is $0.10 per litre dearer that petrol and the petrol motor does boogie Very Happy Regards Ub2
My first Landie; SE TD4 auto Sunroof, Narvik Black with Alpacca interior, towbar & rear spoiler.

Post #11685 14th Dec 2007 1:58 pm
Nick Jan

diesel

Yes maybe. Diesel fuel is more expensive here too, of late by at least that margin, though it's generally cheaper in many European countries. Even so, that nice 3.2 petrol is a tad guzzly! Shocked  Life is not a dress rehearsal!

Post #11690 14th Dec 2007 2:21 pm
frayed

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

but the diesel engine is also more expensive than the petrol here so it takes over 2 years on average kms to pay back the difference... and you lose all that grunt!

plus, as clarkson says, diesel is the fuel of the devil

Post #11878 18th Dec 2007 1:34 pm
Nick Jan

bizarre

How bizarre is that ... the petrol engine is more expensive here ..... I don't understand that at all.

As for Jeremy Clarkson ....... entertaining though he can undoubtably be ..... he is ... well ... a tad opinionated ...... and not always right!

Post #11887 18th Dec 2007 7:55 pm
sievester

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Rimini Red

frayed wrote:
but the diesel engine is also more expensive than the petrol here so it takes over 2 years on average kms to pay back the difference... and you lose all that grunt!

Think resale value. Would anyone disagree in saying the diesel FL2 will hold its value better than the petrol?

Post #11917 19th Dec 2007 9:29 am
atelier

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

hi guys, i am a new freelander 2 owner.
Ordered my car in Melbourne City Land Rover at port melbourne, and took 10 days to deliver the car.
Actually when i went to the dealership, i was ordering my car which was in stock.

it's a stornoway grey with black interior, HSE i6 with metallic paint and sunroof. the tech package was too expensive, I think i will get a tomtom go 720 instead, it has gps and bluetooth handfree and it's 1/10 of the price. Land Rover Freelander 2 HSE i6

Post #12145 25th Dec 2007 11:53 am
aussieauction

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Izmir Blue

I have now had my LR2 since October and have put 15,000+ kms on it. I purchased a diesel model for two reasons:-

* better resale value when I go to sell again in a few years (by which time petrol models of any cars will be being discounted)

* I had a Discovery 2 that I put 285,000 on in just over two years auctioneering cattle property and livestock across Queensland and the motor (diesel) was purring like a tomcat still when I sold her.

I would go diesel every time. My LR2, OCSHUN (NSW plates) shows me fuel flow of around 6.5-7 /100 kms on the highway and around 8 on city streets. Smile Tony Fountain
Managing Director
Ray White Bowral/Ray White Rural Southern Highlands
PO Box 897 Bowral NSw 2576 Australia

Post #12223 28th Dec 2007 3:28 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
cli

Australia 

I have a diesel too
Being based in Bowral and Brisbane the miles are climbing quickly
20000k's in 3mths zero problems
I figured resale was going to be better
And the additional cost for the fuel not a huge issue in the whole grand scheme of things
Anyone who actually drives both in the auto versions would take a diesel
Hey aussie auction who is doing your services?
Anyone else out there not using the dealers and asked LRA to uphold the warranty?

Post #12224 28th Dec 2007 5:54 am
aussieauction

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Izmir Blue

I bought it through Trivett Classic at Alexandria and they will be doing the servicing. I have been very happy with their work on my previous Peugeot 206's Tony Fountain
Managing Director
Ray White Bowral/Ray White Rural Southern Highlands
PO Box 897 Bowral NSw 2576 Australia

Post #12225 28th Dec 2007 6:42 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>