Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Australia & New Zealand > Freelander 2 pricing Australia
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
K1W1

As a Freelander owner since 1998 and having driven nearly 250,000kms in Freelanders you will not see me in a showroom looking at the new model any time before Christmas this year at the earliest.
Honestly, I believe that you people who have ordered now and swallowed the exclusive, limited stock B/S are suckers. Land Rover in Australia do that with EVERY model when it's released, they always have and they will probably do it into the future. By the time the new year rolls around and all the early adopters have been milked you will find that things like Bluetooth will have suddenly become no cost options just like everywhere else.

BTW. To the person who is talking about paint and leather treatments. DON'T. They do absolutely nothing as far as providing any increased protection and they certainly do not improve your resale value. Keep your money in your pocket because after 6 months you will not be able to tell any difference between a vehicle with the treatments and one without.

Post #3410 26th May 2007 12:35 pm
NewFree2

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

I largely agree with you K1W1. But my trouble is I need a vehicle now - one car in the family is not enough and I can't seem to justify buying another car for 6-12 months & then upgrade to the FL2 later. Or maybe I can, but getting anything other than the FL2 (ie Suzuki Vitara) in the meantime could just be disappointing.

But yes, at the moment I feel shafted by LR Australia as they seem to have made a conscious decision to remove some 'standard features' from the UK SE & HSE models (ie Bluetooth, better stereo & 14 speakers) and have it as part of an expensive technology package - which is bound to be an included as an end of calendar year runout deal.

But like all things - early adopters pay more, for usually less. I would love to have a "ratchet" clause in my purchase of the FL2 where it states that any future promotions on the vehicle, for say the next 3 months, I am entitled to it. How great would that be - it would get the early adopters in there with comfort that they are not missing out on near future promotions.

NB: Ratchet clauses are used in selling part of a business where you are guaranteed the highest sale price, even if you sold your shares now at $1 per share and the business later sells shares for $1.20 - a ratchet clause allows you to be entitled to that extra 20 cents - a timeframe usually applies. A similar concept for cars could be used (using features, rather than price). Also Microsoft use it, purchase Windows, and receive technical patches through the life of the product, even purchasee just before a big release of a new product, receive an upgrade guarantee - examples of various ratchet clauses being used in business.

Commercial reality would suggest this is not practical in motor vehicles, but I guess I am just throwing a suggestion out there.

Can someone convince me that buying the FL2 is still a good idea. I had convinced myself at the beginning, but my recent thoughts have swayed me to think twice.

Thanks guys & girls

Post #3443 29th May 2007 2:02 am
HSV Rangie

Australia 

AGREED,

Its a lot $$ for not much car.

THe initial spec looked good but after LRA finished with it it was left very basic.

will now wait and see what transpires.

No great rush to purchase one now.

Michael.

Post #3444 29th May 2007 3:21 am
Dutchie

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Well,

In the end I got shafted as the dealer only kept the value of my vehicle (trade in) for 30 days. I lost $5K in my trade 30 days later in the reavlueation and was told we would have to continue to revalue the car again in 30days etc until the car finally arrives in Australia.

After 2 months, I have given up and cancelled my order.

Not only that but I purchased a fully optioned MY07 Jeep Grand Cherokee this week and also received $11K more for my trade in. Yes, thats right, $11K more.........

I now have a bigger car, fully optioned including DVD, sunroof, 3 litre V6 turbo diesel etc etc......and all for around $5K more in the end.....

Seems to me some car sales poeple simply dont care about keeping a customer long term.
I was a Nissan person for over 20 years..........and the service I got from Jeep was nothing short of sensational.

Sorry FL2, I do feel a little sad, but I simply did not get the service I was after (and that was'nt much) but to be totally screwed over on my trade in was the icing. That and the lack of returned phone calls.. Trust No-one but Yourself

Post #3448 29th May 2007 1:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
HSV Rangie

Australia 

Sounds like a good deal from Jeep.

I have looked at them to.

LRA need to lift thieigame a lot.

Michael.

Post #3466 29th May 2007 11:52 pm
Dutchie

Good luck guys............now enjoying my awesome Jeep and loving it. After only 2 says, I'm slowly being converted.

Several Oz Jeep sites and one has over 100 members everynight...

So its goodnight from him, and its goodnight from me........

God Bless !!!!!!! Trust No-one but Yourself

Post #3482 30th May 2007 12:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NewFree2

2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

Okay,
So you all know that I go Hot, then Cold on my order.

This week, I am hot - so I am still p!ssed that Bluetooth doesn't come standard - but I am over that - $500 after market should cover that need.

But most other SUVs on the market don't have the technology that the FL2 does. Even the dearer BMW & VW don't match up.

I was told the demo will arrive mid June & my ordered FL2 HSE will be delivered on the yet to be offical launch date - 1st July. So already my promissed delivery time of mid-late June has been pushed back - we'll see how far back it gets pushed. But if it goes too far back...

BTW - friend just bought a Ford GT 290KW car this week - I told him great car - but I couldn't warrant having to fill the fuel tank with $50 notes all the time, cause that thing would burn some serious cash! Sounds great though!
Back to the diesel FL2 - luxury without worrying about running costs & purcchase price pretty similar.

Anyone heard anything on expected launch date / delivery timeframes of FL2 elsewhere? NB: I'm from Brisbane.

Enjoy the weekend - whats left.

Post #3534 3rd Jun 2007 11:12 am
Dutchie

I was actually told that fortnight ago before I cancelled my order that they are now running up to 6 weeks behind schedule and that the test/demo's will not be appearing until end June early July at best.

Good luck guys............Smile Trust No-one but Yourself

Post #3536 3rd Jun 2007 12:20 pm
wantitnow

Australia 
Australian sales

Is anybody buying FL2 in OZ yet? I have only seen one on the road in SE Qld and that was on the launch weekend and had NSW plates so I'm assuming that it was involved with the launch. This Australian forum seems stangely quiet as well.

It's a beautiful vehicle and I want one but I would like to know if the dealers are feeling any pain yet and are ready to reduce the exhorbitant delivery fees and charges for paint - or can I take mine without paint!

Any advice or news would be welcome.

Post #6247 6th Sep 2007 12:29 am
FooMan

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

Hi Wantitnow,

I test drove one too and the Canberra LR dealer let me have a pertol SE over the weekend 6-7 July. Very pleased with the feel of the vehicle - everything I expected and more. Just loved it

I have orderd a HSE 3.2 petrol in Sumatra Black, alpaca leather with sunroof. I'm told it will not arrive until the first week of November. Razz Big Cry

I have since seen 3 x FL2's on the roads in Canberra - all grey or silver - no other colours yet. two of them were the demo ones I drove in July (petrol & diesel). I am surprised how long the delivery takes I must say - guess a slow boat from UK!

I am now think I should have ordered the 2.2 D-turbo as recent published tests in Oz have it doing 15Lt/100Klm City on premium 95-98 fuel.

Regards,

Paul

Post #6277 6th Sep 2007 12:00 pm
sievester

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Rimini Red

I am thinking of ordering one this weekend. I too am a bit reluctant over the dealer fee and paint charges but we'll see what they can do. It sure is an expensive car for what you get but then there seems to be nothing in the market that will be reasonable on a 4x4 trip while still being relatively car like on road.

Post #6316 7th Sep 2007 8:33 am
Nick Jan

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Auto Stornoway Grey
FL2 launch

The FL2 launch in the UK was very well orchestrated in June 2006. Dealers didn't get them until about Oct 2006, and they all insisted that there would be absolutley no price deals for first 18 months. That, plus the fact that the diesel auto was not available till May 2007, made me wait. Rolling Eyes

I'm very glad I did. I got a reasonable discount, a fair trade-in price and a fault free car. Brilliant. Thumbs Up

It's annoying, but maybe wait a few months before you buy! Razz
 Life is not a dress rehearsal!

Post #6371 7th Sep 2007 8:45 pm
sievester

Well just got back from ordering a SE TD4 with a few extras. I got dealer delivery down to $995 and free servicing for 3 years so all up about a $5500 saving. Now when it gets here will be another story. I think if I see it by the end of October I will be lucky. Yawn

Post #6378 8th Sep 2007 5:31 am
wantitnow

Australia 

Hi FooMan and Sievester

It's nice to see some action on this site at last.

Great to hear that you got some movement on the 'stand-and-deliver' charges Sievester. Under 1K is much more reasonable and the free servicing for three years is a nice sweatener. If I can get something similar out of the Gold Coast dealer I'd be a happy boy. So I had better get serious and talk to the robber. Like most here I love the car and appreciate the quality - I just don't want to feel that I have had my arms and legs scewed off in doing the deal.

Just out of interest Sievester what colour did you go for? I also want the TD4 and the GC dealer tells me he has a number in stock 'ready to go now' - including a Tambora Flame which looks awesome on the brochues but I think it may just be a bit too lairy for me long-term.

The last thing we need in a car in Queensland is more sun, so I don't think I will be taking the sun-roof FooMan!

Post #6400 9th Sep 2007 6:32 am
sievester

wantitnow wrote:
Under 1K is much more reasonable and the free servicing for three years is a nice sweatener.

I'd think anyone should be able to get the DD down but the servicing was because it's leased and the company I work for meets certain criteria but hey give it a go and see what happens.
wantitnow wrote:
Just out of interest Sievester what colour did you go for? I also want the TD4 and the GC dealer tells me he has a number in stock 'ready to go now' - including a Tambora Flame

I asked for the Stornaway Grey or the Rimini Red, they'll let me know how long each will take and give me the option from there. Regarding the Tambora Flame I reckon it's ready to go because it's currently sitting at Brisbane Land Rover. I too also liked this colour but thought in a few years it may look quite bad just like those baby poo coloured Falcons you see getting around.

Post #6402 9th Sep 2007 7:54 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>