User Registered Confirmed
LEE9th Sep 2008 11:27 am
carlfraz9th Sep 2008 6:43 pm
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
Chris B

United Kingdom 

Finalising diaries with Mrs B. If it's a go, who needs the money and who needs details? Gone... 2013 XS TD4 Manual Firenze Red
Gone... 2008 (09MY) XS Td4 Manual Stornaway Grey
Prior... 2003 G4 Discovery 2, 1998 Disco 1 and 1997 Disco 1 Company car before that
Also gone in Nov'13, after 7.5 yrs, to new owners with time for more TLC - 1980 Series III 88
Current 2015 Discovery Sport HSE 2.0

Post #30153 29th Oct 2008 11:44 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

you would need to PM cotefarmboy (CFB on Disco3)to see if there is space left

Over on Disco3, i think he said it was full, but then added a couple on

Might be worth PM him first before Mrs B gets you doing all those DIY jobs you promised to do to be allowed Laughing Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #30154 30th Oct 2008 12:25 am
cotefarmboy

United Kingdom 

Sorry but the event is full this time

Post #30155 30th Oct 2008 8:09 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

might be worth pm'ing one of the other members going, they might have room in their car, at least you get to see what Tongs all about Thumbs Up Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #30156 30th Oct 2008 8:34 am
Chris B

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the feedback. It was going to be tricky anyway so not a disaster that the session is full this time.

Any chance that Tong alows non-driving attendees to have a look at what's going on and meet folks? Gone... 2013 XS TD4 Manual Firenze Red
Gone... 2008 (09MY) XS Td4 Manual Stornaway Grey
Prior... 2003 G4 Discovery 2, 1998 Disco 1 and 1997 Disco 1 Company car before that
Also gone in Nov'13, after 7.5 yrs, to new owners with time for more TLC - 1980 Series III 88
Current 2015 Discovery Sport HSE 2.0

Post #30536 6th Nov 2008 5:07 pm
cotefarmboy

United Kingdom 

Chris B wrote:
Any chance that Tong allows non-driving attendees to have a look at what's going on and meet folks?

Sorry no, due to H&S rules. However if you can catch a lift in a paying car that's OK Thumbs Up

Post #30537 6th Nov 2008 5:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks

United Kingdom 

Fully booked up and i have had to cancel my holiday to have a extra ultrasound on the baby

No holiday and no playing in the mud Big Cry

But i am pleased to say my Censored travel insurance company will cover for missed departure if my car breaks down Smile , but won't cover if me if i decide to miss my departure to make sure if the babys ok Shocked

If the scans turns out to be ok, i would have 1 hour to do a 2 hour journey from Harrogate to East Midlands Airport Evil or Very Mad

O well have fun those who are going Evil or Very Mad Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #30578 7th Nov 2008 11:43 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

i would like to thank Andy for thinking of me yesterday when somebody backed out, thank god you had my contact details since the last tong event to enable me to come along Bow down

Well it happened Carlfraz had the pleasure of meeting me at last Laughing , Good to see you and the family, they looked to really enjoy it too Laughing

Also great to meet Lee too, for some reason Tambora Flame doesn't get as dirty as Stornaway grey Thumbs Up

Great day, lot and lots of mud to play in, though i have to admit it felt a little slippy sometimes, might have been in my mind but it was always when there was a tree just down hill Wink

Got away with no damage, bar a little bit of alteration on the passenger side tube, as it was self cleaning everytime the door opened, nothing a little bit of a knock with a hammer won't sort out, and a rivnut tool and a bit of black touch up paint for the bars scratches.

car cleaned up really well, with just a good hot shampoo and rinse could sort out, (my 9 hour wash and three coats of wax must have helped).

Just don't use Tesco Garforth Jet wash as the filtered water might have a muddy tinge to it for a while Laughing

Photos to follow later Whistle Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #30640 9th Nov 2008 6:48 pm
LEE

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

That was a really good day, as Nick says plenty of mud to slide around in. It was good to meet Nick and Carl.
Also good to see what the car will do!
I'll be washing mine later, leave it looking like a proper 4x4 for a few days!! Very Happy

Here are my pics, I'll post a link to my videos when I manage to get youtube to work! Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 The future's bright, the future's........Tambora Flame!!! Thumbs Up

Post #30645 9th Nov 2008 7:51 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

as you can see LEE had somebody taking his photos whilst he drove Laughing

However i didn't and it was done often whilst driving or from inside the car as it was cold Embarassed

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Some more blurred or shacking photos in my gallery, if you really want to look Evil or Very Mad Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #30647 9th Nov 2008 8:22 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

At 11am this morning we observed a minutes silence for Remembrance Sunday

Glad to say virtually all cars observed this, which personally I think it was very good and respectful Bow down

Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #30648 9th Nov 2008 8:27 pm
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Hi Chaps and Chapess'. Last of the three muskateers to sign in Thumbs Up Laughing

Great to meet npinks at last, and Lee too (no disrespect Lee but npinks is a bit of a legend on here Wink )Thumbs Up A bit sneaky of ole npinks as I turned up to two dodgy looking characters stood in front of a Tamboro Flame FL2 (to be honest they looked a bit gay Whistle Whistle Laughing Laughing Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter). Lee admitted his identity immediately whilst I sought the owner of the 'copy cat' shadow of my pride and joy FL2, to which npinks the ole Censored (sorry.......didn't mean to mention npinks, gay and Censored in the same posting........not that I am suggesting anything of course.....who mentioned npinks wanting to go first up the dirt track Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter sorry sorry lowered the tone to much now:oops: Embarassed) confessed his identity Bow down Bow down Bow down Laughing

After my initial lead and almost ripping all three of our exhuasts off up near the pond over two camel humps my children wanted to see the others lead. So poor old npinks and Lee ended up taking it in turn to lead the thrice of FL2's round the circuit whilst chazfraz kept watchin for and aft as we peeked and troughed up and down, through mud and water. As npinks mentioned I think the only 'visible' casualty was his N/S tube which, to his defence the speed at which he drpped down from a rock into mud before the climb did protect his side cill Exclamation Exclamation his car really did drop heavily onto the pipe. Seeing that Lee and I took the drop at a snails pace to preserve the underbellys...so thanks npinks Thumbs Up Thumbs Up we were Sheep but Sheep that followed more slowly. You dented a side tube but not dented your pride Bow down honest.

As was said a respectful silence was adopted at 11am, nice to see that and........it does make you think how things could have been different if it were not for all those who gave themselves up for our future.. Bow down We all should continue that thanks.

Weather was pretty good, a bit of a bite in the air in the wind and the rain only seemed noticeable around lunch when we stopped for a sarny or three.

The wife had a little spin in the mud and really enjoyed it too Thumbs Up Kids gave it a 9, and a 10, out 10 which was a result too Very Happy

Just after three we all broke off and shot home. Npinks lucky for some just 20 mins or so before he was home....I had a 2.5 hrs journey which I was hoping for a dry run to preserve the war paint..........regrettfully it pi55ed it down on the motorway so I got an 80mph jet wash instead. Car just looks neglegted rather than an true mud splattered offroader.

So finally a big thanks to Andy for arranging it and Rachel for running it. Great day once again. Just next time we need a few more of the FL2 brigade to join us. It is embarrasing with just 3 FL2's whilst there is 20 Disco 3's and 2 RRS'.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #30699 10th Nov 2008 10:44 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

carlfraz wrote:
As npinks mentioned I think the only 'visible' casualty was his N/S tube which, to his defence the speed at which he dropped down from a rock into mud before the climb did protect his side cill Exclamation Exclamation his car really did drop heavily onto the pipe. Seeing that Lee and I took the drop at a snails pace to preserve the underbellys...so thanks npinks Thumbs Up Thumbs Up we were Sheep but Sheep that followed more slowly. You dented a side tube but not dented your pride Bow down honest.

Weather was pretty good, a bit of a bite in the air in the wind and the rain only seemed noticeable around lunch when we stopped for a sarny or three.

The wife had a little spin in the mud and really enjoyed it too Thumbs Up Kids gave it a 9, and a 10, out 10 which was a result too Very Happy

Nice Write up there Carl, thanks for sharing that i was speeding with everyone and was the first up a muddy track Laughing

I was going to say i was Chicken George but the cars colour would have given it away Wink

I ain't bothered about the side tube, one of the inner brackets rivnuts popped out and the bars brackets need a little bit of a hammering to straighten them too Embarassed BUT thats why I bought them to protect the sills and the car, I have noticed another bar under the car thats bent too, i'll post that on a other thread to find out what it is (might have been done previously or whilst it was a demo car) Very Happy

Just bought a second set on eBay for £85 so I have 2 sets now, one for work and one for fun complete with a rather large dent and a few touched up scratches Whistle

Weather was freezing cold, never mind a bite in the air, i had my heaters on full and the seat warmer on 2 aswell Very Happy

The kids look to be loving it all day, I really thought they would be watching TV or a DVD by lunch Laughing

See you at the next one & and hopefully a few more FL2's Whistle

Nick Bow down Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #30700 10th Nov 2008 11:04 pm
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Laughing Laughing Laughing Sorry npinks ole chap, I did not mean to insinuate you were speeding Laughing Laughing just that the car dropped quickly as you fed the power in for the hill to gain momentum......a big sorry for any misrepresentation on my behalf!!!! At no point did you exceed the 10mph site speed limit.

No apologies for the gay comments though Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter apart from to Lee, sorry mate Bow down Bow down Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #30701 10th Nov 2008 11:14 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

npinks wrote:
[I was going to say i was Chicken George but the cars colour would have given it away Wink

Everybody wants to be CG Cool At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #30702 10th Nov 2008 11:17 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>