bring your camera. Rolling with laughter

I could sell tickets Thumbs Up At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #26954 9th Sep 2008 1:25 pm
carlfraz

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

If LEE's is gonna drag a caravan round there I'm up for the watchin as long as npinks is in the back making a cuppa tea for us all with his finest china!!! Rolling with laughter

Post #26970 9th Sep 2008 6:46 pm
carlfraz

Actually thanks again npinks for letting me know. For everybody else you may notice that npinks and I never attend the same thing...thats because we are the same person Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

On the first Tong trip there was only four of us in FL2's (three none tuition and one tuition) mine was less than a month old and we had 495 members on the site. We have considerably more members now and we need a better show guys/ girls, the days are a great laugh, you can tip toe round and get you tyres muddy if thats all you want to do, or go for it and get yourself covered. I got a half inch scratch on a wheel and my side pipes scuffed on the underneath, but we did the medium routes (which you do not have to complete if you are worried). Check out my gallery to see my photos of my visit. One numpty did take his FL2 for a swim but avtur and I said no way.....you will see we were wise too!!!

So book the day on your calenders take a pack up and a flask, you will have a laugh and feel proud going home that your bodywork is covered in mud.....it washes off!!!!

See you there LEE and CFB Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Last edited by carlfraz on 10th Sep 2008 4:18 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #26971 9th Sep 2008 6:59 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up Carlfraz i mean npinks Whistle Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #26981 9th Sep 2008 7:58 pm
chicken george

United Kingdom 2008 Freelander 2 TD4 XS Manual Santorini Black

The thought of driving thru mud for fun does nothing for me at present..its just a days work for my combine harvester and tractors Evil or Very Mad especially in the field near the river which is now submerged in river water...higher than the unharvested wheat Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad two other fields have severe problems as the combines 2 ft wide tyres keep sinking over a foot deep in the mud. the resulting mud and ruts would be too much for any 4x4 to cross Evil or Very Mad

ho hum Big Cry At work
At home

"I can't always believe facts I read on the web" - Charles Dickens

winner by default of the tractor vs caravan race

Post #26989 9th Sep 2008 8:46 pm
carlfraz

Well my cash has gone off to CFB, and we need more of you to come along Sad So come on Chris B you said it was just down the road from you; Avtur ole chap, you bringing the both your ladies again I need to see how my road tyres perform after 22K miles....I suspect not that well Big Cry Big Cry

Shar are you going to get that rimini red changed to bog brown for the day.

Honest you can go round the easy areas no damage if you choose to and its fun watchin the mud pluggin discos going through the REAL BAD STUFF especially when the land anchors have to come out.

Cotefarmboy and the other Disco boys really do operate a great marshall service and some of the situations they got cars free from (people who deliberately got stuck) was astonishing Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up

£40 quid is a cheap day out for the family and why have a 4x4 if you ain't ever gonna use it offroad...even the once. At least here if you do get stuck, the marhalls will get you out. Just don't get stuck in the last hour as some people have a long drive home.

Show your support and sign up as CFB needs to start confirming numbers earlier rather than later.

We promise you will have a right ole laugh.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #27136 11th Sep 2008 4:46 pm
carlfraz

COME ON GUYS Cotefarmboy said '...after many requests for another off road day after the last success at Tong...' Neutral Neutral Neutral Neutral

SO WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Question

Two people respond...well if thats the case.....CFB, make this the last one Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry coz the FL2 brigade might as well go buy a friggin Honda CRV if they ain't goin offroad.

These guys put loads of effort in to make it a great day, they are 'professional' and are there to share the experience with you and help show you what can and shouldn't be done.

I'm gutted npinks can't be there, unless he booked his flight to Spain with XL Laughing Laughing have we any more takers or is it just excuses.......I'd be happy to hear excuses but we hear nothing from what is normally a very vocal group Yawn

A hugely dissapointed carlfraz

Post #27630 17th Sep 2008 8:57 pm
Tim in Scotland

United Kingdom 

carlfraz wrote:
Two people respond...

Carl, that's twice the number of folks who have responded over on RRSport..................................... I would brought my Defender but it's a bit of a long hike from Singapore which is where I'll be on the 9th November How can carbon have a footprint, it has no feet?
Now driving - RRE Coupe Dynamic Lux Auto with Plus pack, Fuji White, Ebony, SD4 with tow pack
Gone - 2010MY FFRR TDv8 Stornoway and Ivory, Privacy - the pace of a TDv8 RRS, the incomparable grace of a Range Rover
Gone but will be missed- RRS Tdv8 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather
Gone (only a little missed) RRS Tdv6 2.7SE Giverny Green/Aspen
Defender 90 County HT in Epsom Green

Post #27633 17th Sep 2008 9:34 pm
cotefarmboy

United Kingdom 

Still time to pull in a few stragglers Wink

It really is mandatory to take a Land Rover off-road, even if you only do it once !!

Post #27638 17th Sep 2008 10:06 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LEE

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 SE Manual Tambora Flame

Paid my money yesterday. Very Happy

I too am quite dissapointed at the lack of interest, I think it is a great opportunity to drive around in the mud, I have only driven round a couple off minor muddy/gravel tracks so far and I have no desire to cause any damage to my Freel2.

I think it is great value, even if all you do is splash around in some mud and take photo's of Disco's diving into Tong lake! Incidentally I won't be following Npinks run through the lake, although I must applaud him for showing us some of what the car will do if you have the bottle Thumbs Up

I hope there are still some of you that are interested, It would be great to put some faces to the names.
If anyone is thinking of going please let CFB know as it would be great to have the place to ourselves for the day. The future's bright, the future's........Tambora Flame!!! Thumbs Up

Post #27658 18th Sep 2008 8:56 am
avtur

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 GS Manual Stornoway Grey

carlfraz wrote:
Avtur ole chap, you bringing the both your ladies again I need to see how my road tyres perform after 22K miles....I suspect not that well Big Cry Big Cry

Hah ... 22k miles .... they'll be fine!!! mine were at 35k at the last Tong 'do' (actually they're now at 43k miles and still got soem good miles left!)

I have a diary conflict on that day at present, I'm hoping I can get it reseolved over this weekend before CFB closes the list Thumbs Up Stornoway Grey GS ... What a fine motor Smile ... but not any more ... Big Cry ... psst look at my gallery!
Company cars ... a thing of the past - May 2013.

Post #27712 18th Sep 2008 10:49 pm
carlfraz

Tim my ole chum, Singapore is a fine excuse. having spent my honeymoon there and in then onto the Maldives I can understand the relectance to come to Tong, ignoring the time cost and beauty of Tong Whistle . When at Sentosa I think I caught Chicken Pox from some little kid (or maybe it was that Chicken....great sex and she was cheap cheap!!! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter So me and the wife were quarantined in Maldives for a further two weeks after we were due to fly home Thumbs Up Thumbs Up So a 31 day homeymoon was enjoyed last two weeks full board fully paid by the insurers Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Shame of the diary clash Avtur, if you can reschedule that would be great, it be good to see you again and run the route. Good news about the tyres than that makes me ever hopeful that I can get up and out of some tight spots without CFB having to winch me out Bow down Bow down

At least if we see excuses then we know people are willing otherwise you lot look like the last one into the pub hoping not to be heard or seen when the rounds need paying for.

Last year I missed my Nieces birthday party, this year Tong is on my ever aging Dads birthday. Could be his last one Question Question Embarassed Sad Sad Big Cry Big Cry ....but then can't miss going to Tong Very Happy Very Happy Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Good to see you paid up Lee, we will have a right chuckle I am sure, as you say even watchin the others show what the Disco's can and can't do is good...and the RRS's tip toe round in their stilleto 20" wheels Mr. Green Mr. Green

CFB still has room on the list, so go on stick yer name down..LIVE DANGEROUSLY, do something that might expand your experience.

Its fun Thumbs Up

Post #27798 20th Sep 2008 11:21 am
flinty99

Name Labels & Car Badges

With just over a month to go and following the success at previous events I'm going create name stickers/labels and A4 car 'badges' for everybody attending the Private DISCO3 (/Freel2/RRSPORT) day in November.

Name stickers

Fairly straight forward and take the same format as last time (and many previous DISCO3 events), looking like the below, and great for being able to put faces to names etc. and in my experience have worked very well.

Car badges

A4 print-outs, same as always, stick them on your window or dashboard so that you can identify other members' cars and are able to work out who's who in photographs later. Again, worked very well at Tong last time. Please bring some tape/bluetac with you so that you can attach it to your window.

What I need from you

Please PM me your name, and the names of those attending the event with you so that I can collate them and get the printed off in plenty of time.

Please don't forget to mention how those attending are related to you, for example, a badge might say:

Friend of Generic Disco3 member
a.k.a.
John

So I need to know who they are to write it on

Could everybody please send me the appropriate details Also, if you've got a friend who's signed up but doesn't contribute to the forum, could you send me their names etc. too please.

Will give you all details of where to collect them from nearer the time.

Thanks, Ian

PS: Credit to CY for all the text above - cut and paste is great

Post #28388 2nd Oct 2008 12:37 pm
cotefarmboy

United Kingdom 

BUMP

Post #28799 9th Oct 2008 2:18 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
cotefarmboy

United Kingdom 

Signup now closed, max number reached across the 3 sites Thumbs Up

Post #28991 13th Oct 2008 9:54 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>