Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > Australia & New Zealand > Fuel Economy of the i6 <Merged>
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
Fishy

Australia 2008 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Stornoway Grey

Yes i used to drive a Commodore and drove it as it was made to be driven (foot to the floor fast acceleration, tight cornering etc Very Happy ) and yes i understand that now being 4x4 it will by its nature and greater weight use more fuel but just thought that considering i drive the FL2 reasonably easy that its fuel economy would be closer to that which is stated by LR?

So far i have only been calculating the fuel economy for each tank of fuel. i might try to do it over 2 or 3 tanks to see if there is a difference? i dont really want to go to the dealers to just be told that its my driving. But dont really want to wait until the first service at 12000km as i have only just clicked over 4000kms to wait to get it checked out.

Just thought id hear from others out there to see if my fuel economy was within a normal range 2008 FL2 HSE i6 Stornoway Grey Ebony Premium Pack Sunroof Indash Navman Illegal Window Tint Smile

Post #25869 19th Aug 2008 10:37 am
Fishy

im happy to report that my fuel economy has gotten better each week now that i havent reset it with each tank of fuel. im towards the end of my third tank and the fuel economy has come down to the high 13sL/100km. 2008 FL2 HSE i6 Stornoway Grey Ebony Premium Pack Sunroof Indash Navman Illegal Window Tint Smile

Post #26640 3rd Sep 2008 4:54 am
Fishy

Iv gone through a couple more tanks of fuel and without resetting the computer and the fuel consumption is averaging about 14L/100kms. Im going to reset it next tank of fuel and see how it goes for one tank again.

Anyone else with a i6 getting similar fuel economy? 2008 FL2 HSE i6 Stornoway Grey Ebony Premium Pack Sunroof Indash Navman Illegal Window Tint Smile

Post #27566 17th Sep 2008 8:39 am
FooMan

Australia 2007 Freelander 2 i6 HSE Auto Sumatra Black

Hi,

I have had a HSE 6i since November. It got 22,550klm. In Canberra around the City I am averaging 12.4lt/100. I haven't had done a h'way trip for several months - but got 9.8lt/100 when I did. I am using 98RON premium petrol.

Paul My First LR - FL2 HSE i6 Sumatra Black, Alpacca with Sunroof, Tints, HD Tow Pack

Post #27578 17th Sep 2008 11:10 am
Fishy

mmm................now im back to thinking that my car is heavy on the juice and something may be wrong with it as my driving is very normal and not a lot of peak hour and its fuel economy is a fair bit higher then those figures.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to what to tell the dealer so i dont get fobbed off with "it must be the way you drive comment" 2008 FL2 HSE i6 Stornoway Grey Ebony Premium Pack Sunroof Indash Navman Illegal Window Tint Smile

Post #27644 18th Sep 2008 2:46 am
npinks

United Kingdom 

might be worth checking the airfilter to see if its clogged up and choking the engine a little

I spoke to my dealer as my TD4 dropped to 18mpg from my normal town driving 23-27mpg, they said they had reset the software, what ever that means Former Mod/Member, with the most post & Chicken George Arch nemesis

Post #27662 18th Sep 2008 9:44 am
FooMan

Look to took time for the fuel consumption to drop its only the last few moths that its got to 12.4lt/100 and Canberra doesn't have heavy city type traffic I have goood runs to most places without much stopping and starting. I also have had 2 engine software updates. One following the odd rought idle starts i was getting early on. then they did another one at the 12,oooklm service.

Paul My First LR - FL2 HSE i6 Sumatra Black, Alpacca with Sunroof, Tints, HD Tow Pack

Post #27663 18th Sep 2008 9:56 am
Rapierwit

United Kingdom 2007 Freelander 2 TD4 HSE Auto Zermatt Silver

I'm getting the following from the TD4:

Wife drives during the week around town and gets about 25mpg.

Weekends when I drive this drops to about 19mpg.

I've come to the conclusion that my enthusiasm for driving the FL2 is inversely proportional to it's fuel efficiency. Cool Funny that.

I think I need to be reprogrammed Idea Freelander 2 TD4 HSE
Silver
Xenons
Lot's of mud!!!!

Post #27676 18th Sep 2008 11:42 am
FooMan

That's a good point. When my 22yr old son drives it the consumption does suffer!! My First LR - FL2 HSE i6 Sumatra Black, Alpacca with Sunroof, Tints, HD Tow Pack

Post #27682 18th Sep 2008 12:34 pm
Fishy

Thanks for your response. i have only just clicked over 5000 kms so maybe i have to give it time? but i dont want to have to wait another 7000kms for its first service for it to get checked out but its a big hassle to go in there for them to fob me off as i can see them saying "its the way you drive it"

Hopefully i can hear from more i6 drivers so i can go in there armed with some facts 2008 FL2 HSE i6 Stornoway Grey Ebony Premium Pack Sunroof Indash Navman Illegal Window Tint Smile

Post #27726 19th Sep 2008 11:01 am
FooMan

Fishey,

@5000klm I'm sure I was high 14's, after 10K it was well into the lower 13's or high 12's. Given that you have later production date FL2 I would think that you would already have more up to date engine management software in any case.

5k on an engine is nothing - its still bedding in.

After I started to read this thread I reset the Average Klm readout. After 4 days of mixed driving with some express way runs its sitting on 11.6L/100klm. I'll tell you what its showing after a few weeks which will give a better indication.

Post #27782 20th Sep 2008 2:32 am
Fishy

thanks for your replys. guess ill wait til i put more kms on her and see how it is.

What are peoples opinions on using higher fuel like Ultimate rather then premium? Is the extra cost at the pump worth it? 2008 FL2 HSE i6 Stornoway Grey Ebony Premium Pack Sunroof Indash Navman Illegal Window Tint Smile

Post #28076 25th Sep 2008 7:14 am
FooMan

I am using Ultimate 98RON fuel. I'm not sure if it's better then 95 in the long run. At first I ran it on standard ULP as the dealer here said I could - a few weeks later I started to have engine problems, I was on holiday on the Gold Coast at the time and had the local LR rep check it out. They said run it on 98. I havn't had a problem since. After the consumption compter reset I did about 3 weeks ago it is now sitting on 12.1L/100.

Post #28427 3rd Oct 2008 12:29 pm
gren

Australia 

Hey FooMan, Can you feel the engine is running smoother with Ultimate 98?

Post #28606 7th Oct 2008 5:15 am
FooMan

Gren,

Hard to say - seems to have plenty of power with no hesitation. I don't know if thats because it's now run in and settled down or the fuel - perhaps a bit of both. It is smooth and at idle apart from the engine sound & taco showing revs, it has no virbration or feeling that its running.

Post #28607 7th Oct 2008 5:35 am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>