Forum-Gallery-Shop-Sponsors

« Advertise on Freel2.com

Home > General > Does it stay or does it go?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Forty_two

England 

Well the freelander is still with me, and it's back to the garage tomorrow. Clutch is slipping after it was replaced about 18 months ago. On that occasion it had, clutch, dual mass, slave cylinder and a gasket on the crank.

Will let you all know what happens tomorrow!

Post #282079 23rd Nov 2015 10:50 pm
Steve D

United Kingdom 

That's rotten luck. I hope it gets sorted under warranty - most clutches have a minimum 2 year warranty these days.

Well, we changed and we've had our Evoque exactly a month today. Although being a tad smaller than the FL2 it replaced, it's big enough for our needs and I am more than happy with the performance and general handling. Yes, seating position is more car like but still high enough that I feel superior to any car driver that pulls up alongside me at the lights! Laughing Past: FL2 TD4 HSE Auto
Evoque SD4 Dynamic Lux Auto
Present: Audi A3 S Line.

Post #282096 24th Nov 2015 7:55 am
Forty_two

England 

Dropped it in late so no updates yet. Apparently I have covered 32,000 miles since it was fitted.

Post #282176 24th Nov 2015 9:13 pm
Forty_two

England 

Got a call from my mate who works at the garage, we had a chat about stuff, asked how the car is, "dunno, I'm not working on it".

Got a text later, he thinks I should have an auto. Perhaps the 32k clutch is down to my driving style!

Been driving the wife's golf today which has a DSG box, and that is quite responsive. You can drive in manual with sequential changes and it even allows you to skip gears if pressing on or use engine braking. It needed a clutch pack earlier this year, which came to £1200 and I hasten to add, I had driven the car three times before it needed the clutch pack!

Can anyone explain the operation of the auto box on the later freelanders. Do they work like a DSG?

Post #282305 25th Nov 2015 10:18 pm
Forty_two

England 

So the freelander left me at the start of the week, it was part ex'd against a D4 HSE SDV6

There is no comparison, the freelander was like a skateboard, light and nimble, but I am enjoying the 8 speed wafting about in the disco. I have used the command shift once, can't see I will be using it again! Spoils the waft factor.

The need to change was due simply to the purchase of a caravan. The freelander simply didn't like 1800kg of Buccaneer on the back.

Never sold a car that felt like it had life left in it, 157,000 and still a nice drive.

Post #300005 3rd Jun 2016 9:33 pm
Lightwater

Ukraine 2013 Freelander 2 2.0T SE Auto Fuji White

Forty_two wrote:
Can anyone explain the operation of the auto box on the later freelanders. Do they work like a DSG?

The Freelander has a proper auto & it locks up when needed to be more economical. One of the reasons I did not buy a Tiguan was the DSG which was the other option on our shopping list. The hilly terrain in my area & start stop traffic is painful.

Forty_two wrote:
it was part ex'd against a D4 HSE SDV6.

Truck loads of D4 around here, soccer mums love them! Procrastination, mankind's greatest labour saving device!

Acoustic insulation ARB TPMS 3xARB air compressors After cooler Air tank On-board OCD pressure air/water cleaning Additional 50L fuel Carpet in doors ABE 2x1kg Waeco 28L modified fridge Battery 4x26ah Solar 120w Victron MPPT 100/20 DC-DC 18amps 175amp jumper plug Awning 6x255/60R18

Post #300006 3rd Jun 2016 10:19 pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123